Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Okay gang -- Happy New Year! The Axe-Fx III 1000+ LiveGold update is in your download area under your account on my website now for the latest firmware 15.01.

As the readme notes detail, some of the presets somehow had customized speaker impedance curve revert back to default states. That has been fixed, and you may find that some amp presets you passed over before as "meh" now sound amazing - approach this TonePack version with new ears. Firmware 15 really lets you hear the string separation and is the best, most real-to-life firmware yet from FAS IMHO.

Please read the Release'Update notes, but real quick: the WAH block has been removed from all presets, but I've given you the tools to set up your own wahs, based on your preferences. All available new amp models have been added as presets. Plus I've fixed some things...

View attachment 76980

As a bonus, similar to what I just put out in the updated Naked Amps, try adding this Compressor block (above) after the Cab block in any preset. This is set up to act more like an 1176 set up to be a studio limiter for guitars, and is very transparent but will add a little punch as well. Just copy these settings to make your own.

I'll get an AustinBuddy Winter 2021 Newsletter out sometime this week, letting everyone know about this new product update that way too.

Enjoy! Let me know of any issues, or if you discover some new amps and fall in love. I am really loving the Archon amp and the Diezels now.

Thanks Austin,
We appreciate your hard work!
pauly

Okay gang -- Happy New Year! The Axe-Fx III 1000+ LiveGold update is in your download area under your account on my website now for the latest firmware 15.01.

As the readme notes detail, some of the presets somehow had customized speaker impedance curve revert back to default states. That has been fixed, and you may find that some amp presets you passed over before as "meh" now sound amazing - approach this TonePack version with new ears. Firmware 15 really lets you hear the string separation and is the best, most real-to-life firmware yet from FAS IMHO.

Please read the Release'Update notes, but real quick: the WAH block has been removed from all presets, but I've given you the tools to set up your own wahs, based on your preferences. All available new amp models have been added as presets. Plus I've fixed some things...

View attachment 76980

As a bonus, similar to what I just put out in the updated Naked Amps, try adding this Compressor block (above) after the Cab block in any preset. This is set up to act more like an 1176 set up to be a studio limiter for guitars, and is very transparent but will add a little punch as well. Just copy these settings to make your own.

I'll get an AustinBuddy Winter 2021 Newsletter out sometime this week, letting everyone know about this new product update that way too.

Enjoy! Let me know of any issues, or if you discover some new amps and fall in love. I am really loving the Archon amp and the Diezels now.

Okay gang -- Happy New Year! The FM3 1000+ LiveGold update is in your download area under your account on my website now for the latest FM3 firmware 3.01.

Let me note the Liv Gold Triple Crest 2 and 3 amp channels, as well as all the the Hook 34 amp presets, may have audible crackles under firmware 3.01, and I have reported that to Fractal Audio (this is not a preset issue). If you discover any other amp model presets are having that issue, let us know here. It's not an issue on the Axe-Fx III.

Please read the Release'Update notes, but real quick: the WAH block has been removed from all presets, but I've given you the tools to set up your own wahs, based on your preferences. All available new amp models have been added. I've fixed some things...

View attachment 76980

As a bonus, similar to what I just put out in the updated Naked Amps, try adding this Compressor block (above) after the Cab block in any presets. This is set up to act more like an 1176 set up to be a studio limiter for guitars, and is very transparent but will add a little punch as well. Just copy these settings to make your own.

Thank you for your hard work AustinBuddy!!

I'm locked out of the site. Tried logging in with my credentials that were saved on my computer and it wouldn't take them Hit the password reset and never got an email. Now it's saying I'm locked out of the site.

Thanks for your continued work AB! You are one of many that make the Fractal community such a cool place to hang!

Peace and be well in '21!

These are worth my weight in gold (and I'm not exactly svelte) when playing gigs.

Anybody remember when we used to do that? Me either. :oops:

Thanks for giving us something to look forward to....

View attachment 76980

Excellent, I love the original presets and can't wait to try these out, I know what I'm doing all day tomorrow 😁🎸🎸😉

I'm locked out of the site. Tried logging in with my credentials that were saved on my computer and it wouldn't take them Hit the password reset and never got an email. Now it's saying I'm locked out of the site.
The site must have been having issues. All is well now.

Hi @Hapless - So this is for everyone too.

The automated cyber-security feature on the website will think you are an automated "Bot" if you try more than a few times to login and are unsuccessful (maybe forget your password for example, you can reset it).

The website wants to see the email address you bought the product with, and password. A few people may have created two accounts with two passwords over time, that happens...

After repeated tries to login, the website's auto-security will lock a user out for about four (4) hours, then reset. Then you can login again. So just wait, then try again, 99% of the time that solves the problem for folks.

Sorry for that inconvenience, but it's necessary, Bot attacks happen all the time and so far this security feature stopped them very well I must say.

So, as Van Halen once said, "Fair warning"...

The FM3 fw 3.06 LiveGold TonePack release notes (READ THEM!!!) say that, just for the FM3 (not an issue on the Axe-Fx III), two identified amp models and their associated presets may have some crackling in them - the Triple Crest 2&3 and the Hook Captain's associated presest.

Over the weekend, some FM3 beta team members looked into this. It's not the amp models per se - they are fine -- it's likely being caused by the TonePack's CS2 to CS6 modifiers attached on those models that load down the amp block's CPU (not the same as overall CPU% you see at top).

This crackling for those models didn't happen under firmware 1.06, but presumably that's because firmware 1.06 didn't have the cool recent amp block code improvements we now have under FM3 firmware 3.01 (taken from firmware 15.x for the Axe-Fx III and brought to us in 3.x).

So for now, be aware, if you heard audible crackling or pops, there is a solution -- just manually detach/disconnect CS modifiers in that preset -- and see if that makes it better - that should solve the issue. You can instead use Scenes to turn on a boost or Fat, etc. and save it that way.

Just a "Fair Warning!" If you guys find any other amps doing this crackle and pop as you play the new firmware 3.06 versions, please let us know here. Thanks!

So, as Van Halen once said, "Fair warning"... :cool:

Two amp types -- Triple Crest and the Hook may crackle or pop a little - so here's the why.

The FM3 fw 3.06 LiveGold TonePack release notes (READ THEM!!!) say that, just for the FM3 (not an issue on the Axe-Fx III), two identified amp models and their associated presets may have some crackling in them - the Triple Crest 2&3 and the Hook Captain's associated presets.

It's not the amp models per se - they are fine -- it's apparently being caused by the TonePack's CS2 to CS6 modifiers attached on those models that load down the amp block chip's CPU.

This crackling for those models didn't happen under firmware 1.06, but presumably that's because firmware 1.06 didn't have the cool amp block code improvements we now have under firmware 3.01 (taken from firmware 15.x for the Axe-Fx III and brought to us in 3.x).

So for now, be aware, if you hear audible crackling or pops, just manually detach/disconnect some or all CS modifiers in that preset -- and see if that makes it better - that should solve the issue.

You can use Scenes to turn on a boost or Fat, etc. and save it that way.

Maybe there will be a fix in the future, just as there was for the Axe-Fx III, we'll see.

Just wanted you guys to know! If you find this happening with other LiveGold presets/amps, please let us know here.

Thanks man. I just bought the live gold few weeks back and can see just how much work you put into these presets and the FC layouts. Lookin forward to updating later today!

I’ve only tried a few of the updated presets but I can honestly say there’s been an improvement. It may be the placebo effect but my Axe just sounds and feels better after the 15.0 updates.

I’ve only tried a few of the updated presets but I can honestly say there’s been an improvement. It may be the placebo effect but my Axe just sounds and feels better after the 15.0 updates.

Yes - firmware 15 is the bomb, and I fixed some speaker impedance curves in over 100 presets I had spent a lot of time to customize that had somewhat mysteriously reverted back to default values - that alone dramatically helped.

Hi, this question is to @austinbuddy but also anyone with the preset pack.

I love the tones and many of them are very useful for my needs. However I had great expectations on the “Slash” specific preset and the sound is just unusable for me. It’s super weird... specially the rhythm scenes has this like a cocked wha with latency sound that is just imposible to play for me (3.01 version so no wha on there).

Just to clarify, many of the Marshall, Friedman and many others cover that kind of tone and are very good. I just want to know, for knowledge and as curiosity only, why this preset sound like that. The #34 amp don’t work For me either but at least it sounds “normal”.

Thanks a lot

Hi, this question is to @austinbuddy but also anyone with the preset pack.

I love the tones and many of them are very useful for my needs. However I had great expectations on the “Slash” specific preset and the sound is just unusable for me. It’s super weird... specially the rhythm scenes has this like a cocked wha with latency sound that is just imposible to play for me (3.01 version so no wha on there).

Just to clarify, many of the Marshall, Friedman and many others cover that kind of tone and are very good. I just want to know, for knowledge and as curiosity only, why this preset sound like that. The #34 amp don’t work For me either but at least it sounds “normal”.

Thanks a lot
The Wah defaults to being on. He addresses this in the readme included with the pack. Check that out. Maybe that's the issue?

Back
Top Bottom