Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Yeah, it works now. Logged in via a PC instead of my mobile. Then all was good, bought the pack and now i can login via the mobile aswell...

Yeah, it works now. Logged in via a PC instead of my mobile. Then all was good, bought the pack and now i can login via the mobile aswell...
The site has auto-security that if logins are unsuccessful (wrong password for example) after a few attempts, it assumes you are Bot and blocks you for about four hours... then resets. It’s an incovenience but you would not believe how many Bots try to create accounts and this works well to block them. Glad you got it sorted out.

The site has auto-security that if logins are unsuccessful (wrong password for example) after a few attempts, it assumes you are Bot and blocks you for about four hours... then resets. It’s an incovenience but you would not believe how many Bots try to create accounts and this works well to block them. Glad you got it sorted out.
Yeah, I understand that, but this was something else. I had the password saved in the browser from when I registered and also used this autosave password when I finally got in...
But everything works now so all is good. Now I'm gonna import those banks and try out your presets. 👍

Hey all,
Do I need to re-download the presets for new firmware updates? I got the Live Gold Pack when it was released and I've been using them throughout all the firmware updates.

Hey all,
Do I need to re-download the presets for new firmware updates? I got the Live Gold Pack when it was released and I've been using them throughout all the firmware updates.
The answer is “it depends on the firmware.”

I would not use Cygnus firmware with the LiveGold firmware 15 version until the free Cygnus update is done. Some presets will sound close to the same, but others can change a lot if you update to Cygnus and use presets designed for a lower firmware.

I have Austin Buddy's custom layout for OMG 9 installed. I also want to be able to easily use just the FM-3 by itself sometimes. If I download and use PatZag's instruction for "OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves", will that be fully compatible with Buddy's layout or do I risk messing it up?

Making some good progress this week on updating to Cygnus firmware 16 some LiveGold presets in Bank 1 -- all the Marshall preamps and Marshall amps are now done. About 46 amps models.

Still left to do in Bank 1 are Friedmans, Splawns, Bogners, Hook and some misc. others.

So a Cygnus Live Gold Bank 1 "partial update/release" should be ready in download accounts sometime in mid-May if not sooner, with the next two banks to come June-July.

Cygnus sounds really great, and like real mic'd amps to my ears. If you liked firmware 15 now (and I do!), you'll likely like Cygnus even more. This next observation is not universal across all amp models, but if I had to compare the two, I'd say Cygnus has thicker low end, while firmware 15 has more of an edgier sound in the upper mids (maybe more pronounced because of less bass?). Both sound great and it is okay to stay on firmware 15 if you want to wait for the whole thing to be done.

But for those of you who can't wait for Cygnus, I'll at least get Bank 1 Marshall styles available in next few weeks in your downloads account to have some fun with (also, anyone who buys now will get access to these partial and full updates when ready) and then the remaining two Live Gold banks left will come June/July.

Ive purchased a ton of preset packs from nearly everyone but this acoustic preset is by far the best one for me. its the ab Live Gold Austin Buddy ElecIn2Aco
preset. This was recorded using my phone and the true sound has many more lush highs. Sounds like im playing a real high end electric-acoustic guitar
Austin YOU are amazing. I will be buying everything you put out.

Ive purchased a ton of preset packs from nearly everyone but this acoustic preset is by far the best one for me. its the ab Live Gold Austin Buddy ElecIn2Aco
preset. This was recorded using my phone and the true sound has many more lush highs. Sounds like im playing a real high end electric-acoustic guitar
Austin YOU are amazing. I will be buying everything you put out.

@keithguitarfan - Thank you for the kind words! For anyone wondering, that "ElecIn2Acoustic" preset is located at the end of Bank 3 in 1000+ Live Gold as well as in the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack. I think it sounds best with a single coil neck pickup but it does work on humbuckers too! Glad you love it, great tool to have on stage.

@keithguitarfan - Thank you for the kind words! For anyone wondering, that "ElecIn2Acoustic" preset is located at the end of Bank 3 in 1000+ Live Gold as well as in the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack. I think it sounds best with a single coil neck pickup but it does work on humbuckers too! Glad you love it, great tool to have on stage.
Yes my les paul has coil taps so im running it in the middle position with the bridge pickup tapped and the neck pickup not tapped. Unbelievable sound. As I mentioned you aren't hearing the incredible depth of the tone due to the microphone in my phone. I may drop the backtrack into reaper and actually record this

I love that preset myself, the best acoustic simulation I've heard so far in my opinion, I use it live on a couple of songs, it sounds great on single coils

So, a little Cygnus update on Live Gold Tonepack Bank 1 (Marshall-style amps).... it's coming along, but I need another week/weekend to finish it (assuming there is not a new firmware update that makes me go back, like the just released 16.01 public beta did!). :cool:

Loaded the public BETA 16.01 Cygnus -- and am working off/tweaking presets with that firmware now.

So here's what's done so far under Cygnus 16.01 public beta so far -- all presets for these all associated amp models:

Splawns
Camerons/Atomica
Soldanos
Bogners
Blankenship
Fryette
Komet
PRS Archon

I will get to/finish the Hook 34 model by Thursday/Friday night if not before. Everything amp was reset and sometimes a soft reset and then things entered by hand, with an A/B box to another Axe-III running firmware 15 and a second Axe-Edit open to verify settings.

In prior weeks, I had worked on all the Marshalls that start out Bank, and also had totally reworked the Friedman's for those re-done/new models, so those presets should be "almost done" -- but with new beta firmware, and my revised monitoring system (see below), I need to go back through them one more time.

In Cygnus, a few presets will sound different here and there, and I may alter a scene sound to something new, but so far in Bank 1 about 85% are close to what was there under firmware 15, just with the new Cygnus flavor.

So, probably within next two weeks (fingers crossed) a Cygnus Live Gold Bank 1 (only) will be uploaded to your AustinBuddy accounts, to keep ya'll happy and playing while I then start work on banks 2 and 3. Thanks for your patience! It will be well worth it.

Also, importantly re-did my Live Gold preset monitoring - so I can play everything live (like at a gi) in a room, at over 92 decibels (often up to 98db).

Using a combination of the FRFR Mission Gemini II 2x12 (for bottom end) and an FRFR Atomic NEO CLR (for high mids, placed on top of the Gemini, off-axis from my ears slightly... the CLRs do roll off frequencies under 70Hz). Pics below.

I balance the sound level equally entering them off the stereo output 2, and this is the best of both worlds - this setup, located about 12 feet away from just like on a small stage, moves air like a 4x12 but has the mids and highs that punch through and disperse left and right, and not in a harsh way. Love this setup so much I'm going to start to gig with it! The blend of these two FRFR speaker cab types really complement each other.

FYI, rolling off in Global EQ2 (which goes out to the Mission Gemini II and CLRs) most of the lows like this: -12db at 31Hz, and -8db at 63Hz, the rest is all flat. I'll attach pictures of my knob settings too. Then I use the Axe-Fx III (set to Out2 level -10db) Out2 knob set to just a hair under 3:00 to send signal to the speakers.

Ignore the 2x12 Fulton-Webb Cab - that's just used for my Bogner Ecstasy 101b or guitar players coming over with their own amp heads.

Mission Gemini II with CLR stacked on top, about 12' away from me, behind me as i play (like on stage)

IMG_3868.jpg

Mission Gemini II settings:
IMG_3866.jpg

Atomic NEO CLR settings:
IMG_3867.jpg

...I'd say Cygnus has thicker low end, while firmware 15 has more of an edgier sound in the upper mids...
I'm tweaking presets tonight and was thinking this too. I'd already adjusted for 16.0, but 16.1b seems to have hit some other amps that 16.0b didn't but I'm not sure what setting it was as I tend to keep them pretty vanilla. I had to switch IRs on a couple presets, had to do a full reset on a couple but they're sounding even better afterward.

Ares is a great sounding firmware too. I was working on my FM3 yesterday which has 3.03b on it and... dang... Dweezil's Bassman sounds pissed off.

This might be a stupid question, but in order to load all of these presets, will I have to delete the presets I already have loaded on my AFX-3? I've been watching the videos and grabbed a couple of @austinbuddy 's free AXE Change tones and I'm more than happy with the results. Just want to know how exactly I'd be able to load 1000+ Presets but also keep the ones I already have. Thanks!

This might be a stupid question, but in order to load all of these presets, will I have to delete the presets I already have loaded on my AFX-3? I've been watching the videos and grabbed a couple of @austinbuddy 's free AXE Change tones and I'm more than happy with the results. Just want to know how exactly I'd be able to load 1000+ Presets but also keep the ones I already have. Thanks!
Whenever you load a new preset, it overwrites whatever preset was in that slot. If you make a backup of your presets, that’s not a problem. You can always load yours back in.

If you like, you can audition new presets using the Manage Presets tool in Axe-Edit. Then just load the presets you want instead of the whole bank.

Also, @austinbuddy ‘s collection has 1000+ tones, but not 1000+ presets. ;)

Whenever you load a new preset, it overwrites whatever preset was in that slot. If you make a backup of your presets, that’s not a problem. You can always load yours back in.

If you like, you can audition new presets using the Manage Presets tool in Axe-Edit. Then just load the presets you want instead of the whole bank.

Also, @austinbuddy ‘s collection has 1000+ tones, but not 1000+ presets. ;)
TONES...not Presets...that one went right over my head 😅

I didn't do my homework and was afraid that if I exported them in the Presets Manager I would lose all of them?(I'm so paranoid about data loss)...nope! It lets me make a folder. 🤦‍♂️

I didn't do my homework and was afraid that if I exported them in the Presets Manager I would lose all of them?(I'm so paranoid about data loss)...nope! It lets me make a folder. 🤦‍♂️
Right. "Export" doesn't mean "export and erase."

And you can use Fractal-Bot to back up or restore entire banks at a time.

Last edited:

Yep - each LiveGold preset has four basic amp tones for Scenes 1-4, plus a single coil option for Scenes 5-8 so that's actually 8 tones per preset. There are three banks in Live Gold altogether.

Thats best of best if you want to base your initial tone on REALITY of the past till modern Hero's

Really
All Vidos are wonderful, but a bit away from hard core reality with proper speakers on Axe 2/2XL/3

Roland

Thats best of best if you want to base your initial tone on REALITY of the past till modern Hero's

Really
All Vidos are wonderful, but a bit away from hard core reality with proper speakers on Axe 2/2XL/3

Roland
Huh?

Thanks for editing that post. It makes sense now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom