Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Still puzzling over how to use CS2 with these presets.

What I want is to be able to turn CS2 on/off for the amp boost using an external footswitch (two channel TRS dumb footswitch plugged into the FM3) without using the FM3's 3 foot switches.

Ideally, I would like this to be triggered on holding the switch down (rather than instant switching), and toggled ON/OFF (rather than just held while the switch is pressed).

I'd like it to be global, not per preset.

This seems like it should be possible, but I can't figure out how to assign this footswitch to CS2.

BTW, the updated for the latest firmware is available for download! Among other things, it removes the default Wah settings and includes presets fro the new amp models.
I've done this using my Morningstar MC6. Not a Hold function but the label does blink with the boost is on. Works great. I needed some help to get it configured too. Not sure how to do this with a non-MIDI switch but I suspect Stand-In switches would work best for you.

I've done this using my Morningstar MC6. Not a Hold function but the label does blink with the boost is on. Works great. I needed some help to get it configured too. Not sure how to do this with a non-MIDI switch but I suspect Stand-In switches would work best for you.

Thanks. Installed the AB layouts and was able to map the switch to CS-2 using stand in switches. I have the basic functionality working, but layered on top on my next scene mapping for the footswitch. Anyway, will play with this to see if I can get hat I want.

OK, this seems to be a two part deal.
1) Modify a "phantom switch" (in the master layout #9) to have the desired custom behavior for both the tap switch and hold switch functions.
2) Use "stand-in switch" functions to map the two external switch (hardware) buttons (e.g. tip and ring on Switch 2 in my case) onto the two phantom switches that are set up to have the desired custom behavior for tap and hold.

Done that, and the hold functions work (for tuner and CS-2), but the tap switch functions don't increment or decrement the scene as they are set up to do.
Instead, even the briefest pressing of the switch gives the hold functionality, not the tap functionality.
Played with the parameter that seems to govern the tap/hold threshold time, setting it to two seconds, but that didn't fix the problem.

OK, this seems to be a two part deal.
1) Modify a "phantom switch" (in the master layout #9) to have the desired custom behavior for both the tap switch and hold switch functions.
2) Use "stand-in switch" functions to map the two external switch (hardware) buttons (e.g. tip and ring on Switch 2 in my case) onto the two phantom switches that are set up to have the desired custom behavior for tap and hold.

Done that, and the hold functions work (for tuner and CS-2), but the tap switch functions don't increment or decrement the scene as they are set up to do.
Instead, even the briefest pressing of the switch gives the hold functionality, not the tap functionality.
Played with the parameter that seems to govern the tap/hold threshold time, setting it to two seconds, but that didn't fix the problem.
Sounds like maybe your switches are latching instead of momentary.

I'm using a simple Mosky dual switch with a TSR cable.

Anyway, I finally got it to work.

1) The switch had to be set for "follow hardware" and "normally open/momentary make" in the I/O menu, pedal submenu. This let it trigger different behavior for "tap" and "hold"
2) I had to modify a "phantom switch" (in the master layout #9; I used switches 10 and 11) to have the desired custom behavior for both the tap switch and hold switch functions for each switch. I used FM-3 Edit to do this edit; then saved it.
3) I used the "stand-in switch" functions (on the FM-3 FC Controllers menu on the unit) to map the two external switch (hardware) buttons (e.g. tip and ring on Switch 2 in my case) onto the two phantom switches (e.g. layout 9; switches 10 and 11) that were set up to have the desired custom behavior for tap and hold.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Last edited:
I'm using a simple Mosky dual switch with a TSR cable.

Anyway, I finally got it to work.

1) The switch had to be set for "follow hardware" and "normally open/momentary make" in the I/O menu, pedal submenu. This let it trigger different behavior for "tap" and "hold"
2) I had to modify a "phantom switch" (in the master layout #9; I used switches 10 and 11) to have the desired custom behavior for both the tap switch and hold switch functions for each switch. I used FM-3 to do this edit; then saved it.
3) I used the "stand-in switch" functions (on the FM-3 FC Controllers menu on the unit) to map the two external switch (hardware) buttons (e.g. tip and ring on Switch 2 in my case) onto the two phantom switches (e.g. layout 9; switches 10 and 11) that were set up to have the desired custom behavior for tap and hold.

Thanks to everyone for the help!
Bingo!

Can anyone explain what it means on certain scenes where it says "try CS2 Boost?"
Hi @clags:

Go to the 30 minute mark in this LiveGold Video tutorial and watch for five minutes. The readme notes also explain it all. Same concepts apply to Naked Amps TonePack as well.

If you don't have an FC12 or FC6 foot controller, and you just use the editor to make your sounds, then here's the work around: go to CONTROLLERS, and then to "CS Per Scene" page, to decide whether you want to turn an CS (Control switch) from CS1 to CS6 in any given scene. My presets just use CS2 to CS6.

***Note, if you make a change in say Scene 2 to turn CS2 ON from that CS per Scene page, and go back to Scene 2, the editor's view/GUI may not show the change yet (Amp Boost switch may look off). You may have to switch to a different scene and then back to Scene 2 for the GUI of editor to "catch up" and show your CS2 change made in the Controllers area.

You CANNOT toggle/move the CS switches assigned to amp boost, cut, fat, etc. on the Amp Page itself - this drives some people crazy, but it makes sense because they are tied to modifiers. So, instead you turn them on/off in the CONTROLLERS area of the editor.

I keep meaning to get a specific video out on this, in fact did a draft one this weekend but not happy with it and will re-shoot that and post here once done.

CS2 - turns on amp BOOST
CS3 - turns on Amp FAT
CS4 - reverses the default bright switch. If Amp model default to brite on, this turns it off, and vice versa
CS5 - turns on IDEAL saturation
CS6 turns on or reverses the low CUT

Last edited:
Hi @clags:

Go to the 30 minute mark in this LiveGold Video tutorial and watch for five minutes. The readme notes also explain it all. Same concepts apply to Naked Amps TonePack as well.

If you don't have an FC12 or FC6 foot controller, and you just use the editor to make your sounds, then here's the work around: go to CONTROLLERS, and then to "CS Per Scene" page, to decide whether you want to turn an CS (Control switch) from CS1 to CS6 in any given scene. My presets just use CS2 to CS6.

***Note, if you make a change in say Scene 2 to turn CS2 ON from that CS per Scene page, and go back to Scene 2, the editor's view/GUI may not show the change yet (Amp Boost switch may look off). You may have to switch to a different scene and then back to Scene 2 for the GUI of editor to "catch up" and show your CS2 change made in the Controllers area.

You CANNOT toggle/move the CS switches assigned to amp boost, cut, fat, etc. on the Amp Page itself - this drives some people crazy, but it makes sense because they are tied to modifiers. So, instead you turn them on/off in the CONTROLLERS area of the editor.

I keep meaning to get a specific video out on this, in fact did a draft one this weekend but not happy with it and will re-shoot that and post here once done.

CS2 - turns on amp BOOST
CS3 - turns on Amp FAT
CS4 - reverses the default bright switch. If Amp model default to brite on, this turns it off, and vice versa
CS5 - turns on IDEAL saturation
CS6 turns on or reverses the low CUT

Thanks very much! Sounds like you really need the additional foot controller to utilize these on the fly?

Thanks very much! Sounds like you really need the additional foot controller to utilize these on the fly?
If you are not using an editor, you need a foot controller to turn these on and off. If you are using the editor, now you know how to do it that way. While the tones sound great without controllers, I really recommend making sure you have a way to use that CS2 Amp Boost switch. Many amps really "wake up" and come alive when it is activated.

I just tried the Atomica & SRV ones made available on AxeChange.
Your presets are so very close to the Shiva Patch I made that worked well for me Live in Band Context.
Going to try those 2 Friday & see how they work "Live" b4 buying.
I saw some mention a lower price than I see on the site, am I missing a Forum Coupon or did the price go up?

If you are not using an editor, you need a foot controller to turn these on and off. If you are using the editor, now you know how to do it that way. While the tones sound great without controllers, I really recommend making sure you have a way to use that CS2 Amp Boost switch. Many amps really "wake up" and come alive when it is activated.
+1 for having CS2 Boost footswitch. Not only does the boost really wake up some scenes, but sometimes the unboosted scene is exactly what you're looking for. It's good to be able to choose and evaluate both ways on the fly.

I just tried the Atomica & SRV ones made available on AxeChange.
Your presets are so very close to the Shiva Patch I made that worked well for me Live in Band Context.
Going to try those 2 Friday & see how they work "Live" b4 buying.
I saw some mention a lower price than I see on the site, am I missing a Forum Coupon or did the price go up?
The holiday sale ended 12/31/2020. I do an annual sale just for holidays. They are normal price now.

A question for @austinbuddy or anyone else that may have this figured out. I have looked through the manual and searched the forum but so far have not seen this addressed.

Here is what I would like to do:
Use the Control Switches AustinBuddy has added to these presets to add Boost, Cut Bass or whatever using the assigned switches on the FC6 (which is great by the way). Then, when I have the sound I want, save the preset and have these changes persist as defaults for the preset/scene when I switch away and back to it. Is this possible?

I can make changes to the defaults of the CS's using the "CS Per Scene" screen under AxeEdit. But have not found a way to make these changes permanent when playing live and not having AxeEdit available. I have also not found a way to do this from the screen on the Axe-Fx III, did I miss the CS Per Scene page there?

I use many presets in a gig and without being able to make these changes to the preset defaults it means a lot of tap dancing when I switch around.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom