Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Copy down all the settings on all
Pages, soft reset, then re-level it and you should be okay. I think Inset the tubes to EL34s in that one and I may touch some other advanced parameters but it should be close
Cool I copied all the settings and did soft resets. I had read some people saying Cygnus presets are quieter after the update. Is this true? You mentioned re-leveling above. I dont remember how loud the presets were before I updated so I just can't tell if theyre much quieter now.

Cool I copied all the settings and did soft resets. I had read some people saying Cygnus presets are quieter after the update. Is this true? You mentioned re-leveling above. I dont remember how loud the presets were before I updated so I just can't tell if theyre much quieter now.
Yes, I find most (but not all) presets will get quieter by roughly 2db +/- and so you need to raise the Level to compensate. The scale of gain also change for some amps, so for example for Marshalls with a master volume I find I need to add 0.50 to the old Master volume numeric value to get the same gain level as in firmware 15.

Yes, I find most (but not all) presets will get quieter by roughly 2db +/- and so you need to raise the Level to compensate. The scale of gain also change for some amps, so for example for Marshalls with a master volume I find I need to add 0.50 to the old Master volume numeric value to get the same gain level as in firmware 15.
So I need to make changes to the “Level” button; the button/knob in between Master Volume and Balance knobs?

So I need to make changes to the “Level” button; the button/knob in between Master Volume and Balance knobs?
Yes. Not on my updated 4.x LiveGold presets - those are leveled for Cygnus for you

But any other presets you had from ARES firmware 3.x, after you install Cygnus 4.0, that you do soft amp reset on.

You also have to check the master and presence and depth values I think before a “soft” reset because the amp reset puts those parameters back to that amps default values — so you’d need to reenter the original values. But drive, bass/middle/treble and bright switch will not change.

best advise is to use your ears, not your eyes. Many Amps will sound different in Cygnus than they did in ARES. Some people will prefer ARES. It is all personal choice. That’s why you should back up presets - you can always revert back to ARES if you like those better. I personally still use ARES (15.x actually) on my Axe-Fx III for my Aerosmith cover band and it sounds killer.

Hi everyone:

My AustinBuddy OMG9 (FM3+FC-6) is working fine on Cygnus 4.0 so far. I haven't change a thing.

I know some people are having an issue with it. I haven't tried just the FM3 alone version I did yet (with no FC), because I use the FC-6.

Here are some steps to take, and a file to try.

(This assumes you’ve set up and used the OM9+ layout in firmware 3.x before/set up per how the Fractal Website says to for the first time, BEFORE you install a layout. The factory download is at the bottom of the linked page.)

Using the FM3-Editor (make sure FractalBot is not running at same time):

- Click the "FC Controllers" button so it turns yellow and brings up the layout page

- On left side where it says “Layouts” Edit, click the downward pointing triangle. A Menu comes up there.

- Click “Export all Layouts” Let it save your current layout to wherever you like.

- Now, click “Layouts” Edit again. This time, select “Import ALL layouts.”

It will say “this will overwrite all layouts, you sure?” say YES (you just saved yours current layout, so you can revert back to it if something does wrong here and you need to).

Now, point the file to select the attached file, which is my FM3 AustinBuddy+OMG9 file. Mine is working on firmware 4.0 fine so far.

Hope this helps?

Here are some screen shots of what it should look like on your FM3 and your FC-6 (in Scenes mode):

On FM3 (Main OMG9 control):

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 7.22.16 PM.png

On the FC-6 (Scenes for preset)

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 7.23.22 PM.png

Attachments

• CygnusFw4.x-AustinBuddy+OMG9.fclayout
    9.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
When I try to import that it tells me "The selected layout file contains only 1 layout. Please use "Import Layout..." to import this file.

When I try to import that it tells me "The selected layout file contains only 1 layout. Please use "Import Layout..." to import this file.
Interesting… @Ajegwu - try this one and see if the same thing happens?

Attachments

• all-layouts_AB-LiveGold-CygnusFM3-OMG9.fclayout
    84.8 KB · Views: 7
Today I didn't have much work, so I woke up early with the intention of auditioning the revised Cygnus presets. I started with the Marshall Amps, but I could not go further than 10 presets. An old riff came to my mind, and I was stuck with that preset. I've spent all the day learning, playing and recording that tune with that preset. Is there life beyond the first 10 presets? :D

Here it is. I have used only the preset named "OrangeOD1 JVM410H AX3-c" Scenes 2, 3 and 4

The only changes I've made was at Scene 4 for the lead guitar: replace Delay with a DM-Two, add Chorus, and tweak the EQ with the Tape35us CAB Preamp

Last edited:
Today I didn't have much work, so I woke up early with the intention of auditioning the revised Cygnus presets. I started with the Marshall Amps, but I could not go further than 10 presets. An old riff came to my mind, and I was stuck with that preset. I've spent all the day learning, playing and recording that tune with that preset. Is there life beyond the first 10 presets? :D

Here it is. I have used only the preset named "OrangeOD1 JVM410H AX3-c" Scenes 2, 3 and 4

The only changes I've made was at Scene 4 for the lead guitar: replace Delay with a DM-Two, add Chorus, and tweak the EQ with the Tape35us CAB Preamp

Great scorpions cover Manuel !!!! ;)
nice … really nice

Just a short Cygnus update Progress report on LiveGold Bank 3 modern/metal amps....

The ENGLs, Diezels, Carvins, Cornford, Uberschall and EVH amps are done (but not available yet), with the all FAS amps done shortly/this weekend. By the way, the new Carvin models Cliff did/updated are really killer.

So the good news is what's mainly left is all the Mesa Boogies...which is also the bad news :D because there are a lot of them in the bank (212 sounds) and some like the Mark IV and IICs can be harder to dial in/take longer to re-do and re-level properly...

But I do think everything is on track to have everything done and available by the July 4th weekend, with LiveGold Cygnus-updated (all three banks)... but I also haver to check all the various FC layouts and fully update the manual which can add time. So stay tuned and I'll both post here and send out an email to customers when everything is ready.

Just a short Cygnus update Progress report on LiveGold Bank 3 modern/metal amps....

The ENGLs, Diezels, Carvins, Cornford, Uberschall and EVH amps are done (but not available yet), with the all FAS amps done shortly/this weekend. By the way, the new Carvin models Cliff did/updated are really killer.

So the good news is what's mainly left is all the Mesa Boogies...which is also the bad news :D because there are a lot of them in the bank (212 sounds) and some like the Mark IV and IICs can be harder to dial in/take longer to re-do and re-level properly...

But I do think everything is on track to have everything done and available by the July 4th weekend, with LiveGold Cygnus-updated (all three banks)... but I also haver to check all the various FC layouts and fully update the manual which can add time. So stay tuned and I'll both post here and send out an email to customers when everything is ready.

Finished the FAS amp model presets in Bank 3 today and must say - I am loving them more than ever!

I may start going to those amps first when creating tones for my band.

Cliff really knows his stuff (duh, “we know dis”) - these FAS amp models capture the best attributes of other amps. Super easy to dial in.

So this week and maybe into next weekend will be plowing through the Mesa Boogies to get Bank 3 done. Cheers!

Hey everyone:

Closing in on finalizing LiveGold Cygnus updated Bank 3!

Here's a taste of LiveGold for Cygnus Bank 3 - a sample/example preset, one of the Dual Recto1 "Extras" presets. The Rectos are sounding killer in Cygnus. Scenes include:

1. MunkyLove (Korn)
2. Limping Biscuits
3. ToolingIt (Tool)
4. Seattle Dark

I'll put this preset for Axe-Fx III on Axe-Change too.

Preset wise, all I have left are 24 presets (four key scenes each, or 96 tones to check/tweak/level) Mesa Boogie IICs and Mark IV left to do. Always a bit of pain on these Boogies, because have to reset all the amp GEQ values after amp reset, so I always do these amps last! :p

Have to update manual as well, AND check the FCs, AND port over the FM3 versions and edit a few things on the FM3 versions before release. But the end is in sight...

So - probably will be released later this July 4th weekend, and I don't see why you shouldn't be playing bank 3 presets by Monday holiday, if not before, we'll have to see...

Thanks for your patience! Enjoy the sample.

PS - of course, Fractal could release a new firmware version on "Firmware Friday," and if they do, hopefully it won't affect these presest/amps, just fix any bugs! :D

Attachments

• Dual Recto 1-Extras AX3 -c.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hey everyone:

Closing in on finalizing LiveGold Cygnus updated Bank 3!

Here's a taste of LiveGold for Cygnus Bank 3 - a sample/example preset, one of the Dual Recto1 "Extras" presets. The Rectos are sounding killer in Cygnus. Scenes include:

1. MunkyLove (Korn)
2. Limping Biscuits
3. ToolingIt (Tool)
4. Seattle Dark

I'll put this preset for Axe-Fx III on Axe-Change too.

Preset wise, all I have left are 24 presets (four key scenes each, or 96 tones to check/tweak/level) Mesa Boogie IICs and Mark IV left to do. Always a bit of pain on these Boogies, because have to reset all the amp GEQ values after amp reset, so I always do these amps last! :p

Have to update manual as well, AND check the FCs, AND port over the FM3 versions and edit a few things on the FM3 versions before release. But the end is in sight...

So - probably will be released later this July 4th weekend, and I don't see why you shouldn't be playing bank 3 presets by Monday holiday, if not before, we'll have to see...

Thanks for your patience! Enjoy the sample.

PS - of course, Fractal could release a new firmware version on "Firmware Friday," and if they do, hopefully it won't affect these presest/amps, just fix any bugs! :D
Carry on, my Wayward Son. There'll be peace when you are done. :)

Back
Top Bottom