Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
7 hours later and WOW!

Honest opinion, I wasn’t a huge fan of the stock IR’s used, but these paired with York IR’s, I just don’t see how this sound can be topped. The triple Rec model sounded identical to the one I sold to get the 2 XL+.

Sold that this week to fund my FM3 and to give myself an excuse to get the FX3 down the road. The happiest I’ve been playing guitar in a long time.

7 hours later and WOW!

Honest opinion, I wasn’t a huge fan of the stock IR’s used, but these paired with York IR’s, I just don’t see how this sound can be topped. The triple Rec model sounded identical to the one I sold to get the 2 XL+.

Sold that this week to fund my FM3 and to give myself an excuse to get the FX3 down the road. The happiest I’ve been playing guitar in a long time.
Which IRs?

7 hours later and WOW!

Count me as a big fan of all @YorkAudio Cab IRs.

I make TonePack presets using Factory Cabs (and I contributed about 1 in 9 Factory Cabs to the Axe-Fx III) which also makes these easy for users (load preset and play), but if I were looking beyond those, the first commercial cabs I’d reach for are from the York Audio cab packs. I trust Justin’s great ears.

I used the York Mesa cab with the 121 mic for most of the heavy stuff. Also the Marshall cab from York with the 121 as well for the Marsahall stuff.

Count me as a big fan of all @YorkAudio Cab IRs.

I make TonePack presets using Factory Cabs (and I contributed about 1 in 9 Factory Cabs to the Axe-Fx III) which also makes these easy for users (load preset and play), but if I were looking beyond those, the first commercial cabs I’d reach for are from the York Audio cab packs. I trust Justin’s great ears.
I was looking at these and the EVH?

https://www.yorkaudio.co/product-page/mes-412-os-v2

Yeah I'm looking at those too, used to have them Cabs and were my Fave, hopefully they will sound huge in my Mixes

Hey buddy where can I find the country sounds on this pack?? Paisley, Urban, etc....

Last edited:
Hey buddy where can I find the country sounds on this pack?? Paisley, Urban, etc....
Those kinds of country "clean" or "grit" sounds (with Tele) are mostly Fenders, with a compressor up front, or Class A amps (Paisley). Keith Urban has a Tweed model in here. Try the Black Face Deluxe, Class A Amps from Vox to Morgans, and also the Dr. Zs. Also, don't neglect the Hiwatt Clean (which loves pedals).

I mostly play heavy stuff but these suggestions got me very Interested, thanks Big A, wealth of knowledge...

Austin Hello, Are the presets able to be adjusted to send to a cabinet with IR’s loaded on it? Sorry I’m a bit new to Fractal and looking to get an FM3.
I can see you’d be able via the video to go to say a power amp with cab. Sorry for the newb question thanks.

Those kinds of country "clean" or "grit" sounds (with Tele) are mostly Fenders, with a compressor up front, or Class A amps (Paisley). Keith Urban has a Tweed model in here. Try the Black Face Deluxe, Class A Amps from Vox to Morgans, and also the Dr. Zs. Also, don't neglect the Hiwatt Clean (which loves pedals).
Austin Hello, Are the presets able to be adjusted to send to a cabinet with IR’s loaded on it? Sorry I’m a bit new to Fractal and looking to get an FM3.
I can see you’d be able via the video to go to say a power amp with cab. Sorry for the newb question thanks.

Yes, you can use output 2 from your FM3 to go strait out to your amp/cab. There is a hanging shunt right after the amp block for this purpose, just put an output block there for output two.
This is explained further on page 12 of the release notes.

Last edited:
whats the fastest way to add a looper block to all the presets?
1. set up the looper the way you like it.
2. put it in a preset and save it.
3. Right click on the looper block and "COPY" so the looper block you made is now copied into your clipboard.
4. Go to the next preset, and PASTE it where you want it. Click save.
5. Repeat 300+ times (hahaha) -or just in the presets you want.

I find that way faster than saving a Looper blocks to a block library, then bringing it up manually for each preset (which works also) - this way above saves a few steps.

The looper uses some CPU so you have to watch that, you may have to drop an effect block in some presets if you go over 80% CPU when adding it.

If you are on a MAC you can learn to use Automator, which can be set up for repetitive things like this but it doesn't always work perfectly. Always back up EVERYTHING before you try something like that.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
So you guys know, Cliff has changed the Friedman Brown Eye amps up under Cygnus. Yek's excellent Amp Guide in the Wiki covers these changes.

A summary from that:

Models before firmware Cygnus:

1. BE: based on old Marsha model, BE mode
  2. BE C45: based on Mark Day's BE-100, C45 switch engaged
  3. BE V1: based on Mark Day's BE-100, voice: right position (less mids)
  4. BE V2: based on Mark Day's BE-100, voice: left position (more mids)
  5. HBE: based on old Marsha model, HBE mode
  6. HBE 2018: based on 2018 BE-100, HBE mode
  7. HBE 2018 C45: based on 2018 BE-100, HBE mode, C45 switch engaged
  8. HBE V1: based on Mark Day's BE-100, HBE mode, voice: right position (less mids)
  9. HBE V2: based on Mark Day's BE-100, HBE mode, voice: left position (more mids)
Models in firmware Cygnus, based on a 2018 BE-100 with feedback off the 4-ohm tap:

1. BE V1: voice in right position (less mids)
  2. BE V1 C45: voice in right position (less mids), C45 switch engaged
  3. BE V2: voice in left position (more mids)
  4. BE V2 C45: voice in left position (more mids), C45 switch engaged
  5. HBE V1: HBE mode, voice in right position (less mids)
  6. HBE V1 C45: HBE mode, voice in right position (less mids), with C45 switch engaged
  7. HBE V1 Fat: HBE mode, voice in right position (less mids), FAT switch engaged
  8. HBE V2: HBE mode, voice in left position (more mids)
  9. HBE V2 C45: HBE mode, voice in left position (more mids), C45 switch engaged
Go read the Wiki post to learn more.

If you are in love and use a particular BE or HBE model, know that it may change if you update to Cygnus firmware and in the next LiveGold update to Cygnus.

I'll have to make changes to the BE/HBE presets and their names to match the changes... I've been updating all Marshall- style amps that are now Cygnus "verified" amp models Cliff has publicly reported he's completed (not all amp models are verified or updated yet, will be a few months I bet) and am about to move to update the verified "Fender" styles next...

Just a friendly head's up. I am blown away with how good the Plexi's sound in Cygnus. I used to struggle to pull what I wanted out of a few models, and it's effortless now. It's like the mic is in the exact right spot for the balance of bass, mids, and treble now under Cygnus. Because I had brought bass up in firmware 15, I'm having to bring it back down some now... but the Plexis sound glorious!

Last edited:
Today's Cygnus insight: as an FYI, on the new Cameron amp models under the new Cygnus firmware, the secret sauce is in the Presence knob - BIG differences happen depending on where ya put it. I also don't like the Saturation Drive in default mode (defaults to 10.0/max on in some channels), I turn it down to 8.0 myself. You have to really crank up the Level to compensate now for the high Saturation drive.

I also found on a few Marshall-style models that I am turning the Master Volume up about 1.0 from my original setting...like the Archon and some Soldanos...

Back
Top Bottom