Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi Austin Buddy,

I just ordered the fm3 and fc6 and should have it soon. I’m planning on purchasing your live gold package to help me get started. I have a question regarding copying scenes into a preset. I did watch your video where you copied amp channels and cabs over from other presets into a user created preset. In that video, you used the lead channel scene as your starting point and then added the amps and cabs from the other presets. So my question is this..

Let’s say that I choose the ‘59 Bassman as my clean scene in my user preset. Then for my breakup, mid gain, and lead tones, I want to use the complete scene you created from another preset. Is there a way to copy that entire scene into my user preset or do I have to copy and paste each individual block from the chosen scenes? In your video, you only changed the amp and cabs and the other blocks were from the original lead channel scene that you started with. I want to be able to move the entire chosen scene over. Is there a way to do that? Hope my question makes sense and thank you in advance.

Hi Austin Buddy,

I just ordered the fm3 and fc6 and should have it soon. I’m planning on purchasing your live gold package to help me get started. I have a question regarding copying scenes into a preset. I did watch your video where you copied amp channels and cabs over from other presets into a user created preset. In that video, you used the lead channel scene as your starting point and then added the amps and cabs from the other presets. So my question is this..

Let’s say that I choose the ‘59 Bassman as my clean scene in my user preset. Then for my breakup, mid gain, and lead tones, I want to use the complete scene you created from another preset. Is there a way to copy that entire scene into my user preset or do I have to copy and paste each individual block from the chosen scenes? In your video, you only changed the amp and cabs and the other blocks were from the original lead channel scene that you started with. I want to be able to move the entire chosen scene over. Is there a way to do that? Hope my question makes sense and thank you in advance.
You have to copy each block’s channel and paste it into the target preset. One block at a time.

Hey @austinbuddy, I was thinking that which adjustments do you see most relevant/effective when you change one preset from a humbucker guitar to another (e.g. les paul to tele or from lower output humbucker guitar to higher output humbucker guitar).

I noticed that mainly you turn on the filter block in your presets when going into the single-coil scenes - is this the main thing you apply? I am just wondering the best approach for changing a bunch of presets to suit another guitar since I am pretty sure one or two main things to adjust would results in quite good results relatively quickly, but just wondering which these few main things to consider might be in your experience. Is it filter block, eq-block, basic amp (gain, low, mid, high), etc..

Hey @austinbuddy, I was thinking that which adjustments do you see most relevant/effective when you change one preset from a humbucker guitar to another (e.g. les paul to tele or from lower output humbucker guitar to higher output humbucker guitar).

I noticed that mainly you turn on the filter block in your presets when going into the single-coil scenes - is this the main thing you apply? I am just wondering the best approach for changing a bunch of presets to suit another guitar since I am pretty sure one or two main things to adjust would results in quite good results relatively quickly, but just wondering which these few main things to consider might be in your experience. Is it filter block, eq-block, basic amp (gain, low, mid, high), etc..

The first thing is you need to use a filter block to raise the output of the single coil's signal to hit the amp roughly the same as a humbucker, if the preset is dialed in for a humbucker originally. Else it will sound weak. The second thing, and this is both guitar and amp dependent, is you may (not always) need to shave a little high off and add a little more mid to the sound.

Had a very busy week, so I’m going to let loose tomorrow and buy this. Was wanting to know if there is an Orange Model on bank 3? Will buy regardless, just hoping there was one of those dialed in.

Austin Buddy, does this latest beta firmware change this? It seems that maybe you can now cut and paste an entire preset?
It doesn't work that way. Let's say you have one scene in one preset that has a Chorus block, and a different scene in a different preset that has a second Delay instead of the Chorus. How would you copy the one into the other? Would you throw out the Chorus, or throw out the second Delay, or what? "Use both," you say. But where would you put the extra block, and how would you route it? It just wouldn't work in a predictable way.

Hey Austin! I'm guessing (and hoping!) once Cygnus is out of beta, you'll update the pack accordingly...? I don't trust my skills or ears to do it myself, personally! :)

Had a very busy week, so I’m going to let loose tomorrow and buy this. Was wanting to know if there is an Orange Model on bank 3? Will buy regardless, just hoping there was one of those dialed in.
Im pretty sure there is but I'd have to double check, the pack is Golden for me as a preset kinda guy, and tiny preference tweaks here and there but Dang I love it

Hey Austin! I'm guessing (and hoping!) once Cygnus is out of beta, you'll update the pack accordingly...? I don't trust my skills or ears to do it myself, personally! :)
I need to spend some time with Cygnus over next few weeks. Some amps seem to be fine after the update, others are different and will have to be dialed in. Another thing is I'm not going to dial the Cygnus preset to "match" the prior firmware 15 scene sound when I re-do them, because it sounds different for some amps than the firmware 15, I'll just make it sound good across scenes.

Stay with firmware 15 if you like your sounds now. It's gonna take months to do the update probably. Cygnus is still BETA. it is NOT a final PUBLIC firmware yet. Plus it still needs to be ported to the FM3 as well...

It doesn't work that way. Let's say you have one scene in one preset that has a Chorus block, and a different scene in a different preset that has a second Delay instead of the Chorus. How would you copy the one into the other? Would you throw out the Chorus, or throw out the second Delay, or what? "Use both," you say. But where would you put the extra block, and how would you route it? It just wouldn't work in a predictable way

Back
Top Bottom