Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hey everyone:

Live Gold (and applies to latest Naked Amps fw 15 version too!) Tutorial #4 is now up.

For those of you not using an FC12 or FC-6 foot-controller, here is the long-promised "down and dirty" video on how to use CS per Scene in the editor to activate CS controller switches (such as CS2 amp boost) and save them the way you like them, or to re-map them to your own MIDI foot-controller.

Hope this is helpful!

Hey everyone:

Live Gold (and applies to latest Naked Amps fw 15 version too!) Tutorial #4 is now up.

For those of you not using an FC12 or FC-6 foot-controller, here is the long-promised "down and dirty" video on how to use CS per Scene in the editor to activate CS controller switches (such as CS2 amp boost) and save them the way you like them, or to re-map them to your own MIDI foot-controller.

Hope this is helpful!

I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm curious to know if they will still work with the new Cygnus release when it hits the FM3?

I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm curious to know if they will still work with the new Cygnus release when it hits the FM3?
Yeah I'm curious to know this as well, But I've backed up what I'm using now, so If It doesn't work then I have that covered..

Good question, and I don't know the full answer yet.

I'm not part of the beta team for Cygnus for the III, but am on FM3 beta team so when it hits there I'll know more, if not sooner.... I am speculating (that means "guessing" - no insider knowledge claimed here!) it's still going to be some time before Cygnus gets a final public released (not imminent?), and anything really new needs a lot of beta testing as part of the natural new firmware process.

My gut tells me that, if Cliff is re-doing the pre-amp and power amp algorithms, then yes, the Live Gold and Naked Amps and other TonePacks may need to be reset and updated.

If FAS has to update the existing Fractal Factory presets for Cygnus firmware, then that's a true cue I need to as well.

I have two Axe- IIIs, so I can A/B between firmwares pretty easily and hear what's happening between a Live Gold firmware 15 ARES and a Cygnus 1.x identical preset.

So if amps change dramatically in tone under Cygnus, (and it may very well be that some do and some don't), that means it will take some months to update the 2600+ presets across all my Tonepacks. (Unfortunately that pushes off the work on other new projects I really want to do for you guys, like a 1000+ Effects Block library that will work with Live Gold and Naked Amps for example, or Brit Rock Royalty #2).

When I know more I'll say so here. I just know it will ALL be better than ever once it's all done!

But for now, as always, stay on current release firmware as found on Fractal page here - that's always the public one to use, and I do not recommend people updating to any new public beta unless they really know what they are doing (always back up first!).

Yeah I'm curious to know this as well, But I've backed up what I'm using now, so If It doesn't work then I have that covered..
Yup. Everyone be smart like @Jumpback and always SAVE your downloaded firmware zip files (latest being 15) and use FractalBot to BACKUP everything into a directory that you name after the firmware (not one big confusing lump of them).

I.e., make a directory called Firmware 15.x and back up everything in your FM3 -- all global settings, banks, and yes even user cabs -- into it before you try out Cygnus upon it's eventual release, so you can always go backwards by reverting back if you aren't happy with the new firmware.

Honestly, if firmware 15 was the last firmware FAS ever released, I'd die happy -- things are certainly killer as they are now!

Hey Buddy, are you part of the Beta team for Cygnus since you have a great product for the Fractal units?
Not part of the "main" team but I just got access to Cygnus beta and am going to check it out over next few days. I'm stupid busy this weekend and next, but I am going to compare some amps between ARES 15.x LiveGold and on Cygnus....

Last edited:
Oh man that's a ton of work for you if it goes that way, maybe charge a fee for the update;)

I am looking at that for the first time....it would be a "smart coupon" tied to your email you bought with, that lets you buy an update to Cygnus for something like $27 or so. I don't want to commit to charging yet because I like doing updates for free, but if it turns out I have to take 3 months straight of resetting and re-dialing 2000+ amp sounds, this time I may need to go there. Promise I will try to avoid any update charge as long as possible (and have since 2017). It's not really about the money for me, it's all about my time and my limited bandwidth (I have a day job).

Last edited:
Current favorite: "2ENGL Savage (Contour ON) FM3". Sounds glorious with my PRS S2 Custom 22 with Duncan Sentient and Pegasus pickups. That is all.
A few people have told me how much they love that sound!!! :)

I am stuck on the PRS Archon Scene 3 with humbuckers with a dotted eight note delay, and also the '59 Bassman with P90s with Timmy or Jam Ray drive of late...

I am looking at that for the first time....it would be a "smart coupon" tied to your email you bought with, that lets you buy an update to Cygnus for something like $27 or so. I don't want to commit to charging yet because I like doing this for free, but if it turns out I have to take 3 months straight of resetting and re-dialing 2000+ amp sounds, this time I may need to go there. Promise I will try to avoid any update charge as long as possible (and have since 2017). It's not really about the money for me, it's all about my time and my limited bandwidth (I have a day job).
Your products are worth every penny. Makes life a lot easier with the plug and play guys like me. Thanks for all Hard work.

Thanks for a killer product that has guys like me covered, I like to find a preset and go, and your Live Gold is all that and a bag of trixxx

Back
Top Bottom