• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AFIII Presets AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Axe-Fx III: Cygnus fw16.04+ Update Now Available!

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Do you have any suggestions if I want to use these presets, but also others built for my own standard FC12 layout?

I guess I'd want to either have all your presets switch to your layout and mine switch to mine, kinda ugh, or have a specific switch in both layouts to switch to the other one. I'm not a big fan of the rock-stomp move if I can help it.

Thoughts?
Hey Dave: great question. On my iPhone so forgive typos below

My layout is very similar to stock factory layout.

if using your own layout, i’d recommend these adjustments:

on any Scene, I would had a “Hold” (not tap) that would turn on the CS2 Amp Boost. That feature really wakes up some amps.

i would make sure you can turn on/off Drive2 (that is the default drive). Use Drive 1 for your own stuff.

i would see if you can use an open layout page to set up a way to turn on/off each of the CS2 to CS6 switches, plus the Filter 1 block. That is your “amp layout” page.

that really is about 85% of my layout pages - not hard to adopt into your own layout system I hope.

Dave Merrill

Fractal Fanatic
Hey Dave: great question. On my iPhone so forgive typos below

My layout is very similar to stock factory layout.

if using your own layout, i’d recommend these adjustments:

on any Scene, I would had a “Hold” (not tap) that would turn on the CS2 Amp Boost. That feature really wakes up some amps.

i would make sure you can turn on/off Drive2 (that is the default drive). Use Drive 1 for your own stuff.

i would see if you can use an open layout page to set up a way to turn on/off each of the CS2 to CS6 switches, plus the Filter 1 block. That is your “amp layout” page.

that really is about 85% of my layout pages - not hard to adopt into your own layout system I hope.
Thanks, I'll need to think on it.

I spend most of my time in modified versions of the stock Scenes and Presets layouts. They're both similar to the originals, with added goodies mostly.

I'll have to see how to integrate these two worlds...

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
If you like the Bogner Ecstasy amp model as much as I do, then highly recommend you check out Justin York of @York Audio 's Bogner 4x12 Cab Pack. I dug into them tonight.

Here's a link to it. This Cab Pack also happens to be on sale, $14.99.

Just go to the Mixes folder in it, there are 12 of them. They are spectacular sounding!

I'm personally groovin' on Mixes 1, 2, 5, 7 and 11. Thick bottom, woody, with both cutting mids and balanced highs. Killah.

For the record, I have no business affiliation with Justin and no contact with him about this.

Just think his Cab IRs are among the best I've ever heard, and I rarely need to stray outside his pre-made mixes.

I'm going to check out, as time permits, some of the others he offers in conjunction with LiveGold amp sounds. But the Bogner Ecstasy never sounded better with his IRs, truly - it really completes the tone, my Cygnus Fractal Ecstasy presets really sound and feel just like the real Ecstasy 101b I own here in the studio. Mind blowing.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey Buddy.
Will you make a note here, when the Brootalz and Engl's have been updated in bank 3?
Yes, but I am waiting on a signal from Fractal about whether further changes after 16.05 will Come to Powerball and ENGL/Angle or not, they have lost a lot of low bass since firmware 15. Cliff said he fixed Brootalz model and it seems so, but not the ENGL.

Plus I want to see if any other issues pop up before I upload any new “fix” banks, like to do them all at once. Maybe I will just zip some fixed presets up.

nznat

Inspired
Can anyone help. I am downloading the new austin buddy 16.05 july full update, yet when i go to install the new banks using fractal bot, they still say 16.04. Anyone else getting this?

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Can anyone help. I am downloading the new austin buddy 16.05 july full update, yet when i go to install the new banks using fractal bot, they still say 16.04. Anyone else getting this?
My bad. I relabeled the thread and it should say 16.04 (fixed) and works on fw16.05 too.

I'm wondering if anyone has, or has thought about, putting together a "map" from artist and songs to specific presets in Live Gold that have worked well for them. There are several awesome examples already in the preset pack, but I'm wondering what else users have come across. I'm a casual user, so close is plenty good enough - I'm not looking for a perfect match for a recording. Rather, say I'm going to play some songs by Brad Paisley, then some Aerosmith, then some Stray Cats, then some blues rock, etc.. it'd be great to have a quick reference to get to the usable stock presets right away. I'm sure it's all in there, but being a fairly new user, finding things is still a challenge for me. Thanks!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm wondering if anyone has, or has thought about, putting together a "map" from artist and songs to specific presets in Live Gold that have worked well for them. There are several awesome examples already in the preset pack, but I'm wondering what else users have come across. I'm a casual user, so close is plenty good enough - I'm not looking for a perfect match for a recording. Rather, say I'm going to play some songs by Brad Paisley, then some Aerosmith, then some Stray Cats, then some blues rock, etc.. it'd be great to have a quick reference to get to the usable stock presets right away. I'm sure it's all in there, but being a fairly new user, finding things is still a challenge for me. Thanks!
@CipherHost tried to start one in Google docs I think for folks... I am just too busy updating hundreds of presets to Cygnus right now to do this now honestly.

CipherHost

Experienced
No one made any entries into the online version. Here are the link to the post where you can get the AF3 Firmware 15.1 list for PC and Mac;
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...6-04-update-now-available.164305/post-2030320
Here is copy to the online version I took down due to lack of interest. I only made 3 entries and it's pre Cygnus of course.
Cheers

Last edited:
No one made any entries into the online version. Here are the link to the post where you can get the AF3 Firmware 15.1 list for PC and Mac;
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...6-04-update-now-available.164305/post-2030320
Here is copy to the online version I took down due to lack of interest. I only made 3 entries and it's pre Cygnus of course.
Cheers

This is the idea I was wondering about. Thanks for replying. I figure I'll press on learning what I can, and if I find myself collecting data that seems potentially valuable I'll share it. Cheers!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
This is the idea I was wondering about. Thanks for replying. I figure I'll press on learning what I can, and if I find myself collecting data that seems potentially valuable I'll share it. Cheers!
@CipherHost - I would suggest that rather than here in a vendor thread in the middle of it, you guys start a new thread for this in the unit presets area, with link to whatever tracking document you want everyone to access. Then people can comment as they add things to the list?

It's not a pitch for a vendor, it's more of a cheat sheet on what vendor (LiveGold) presets you find help you get what sounds. That's what people are looking for. In next few weeks if I have some time I'll try to populate a few of them.

In Live Gold I DO label some preset SCENES pretty clearly what I think they sound like, so that may be useful....

Last edited:
@CipherHost - I would suggest that rather than here in a vendor thread in the middle of it, you guys start a new thread for this in the unit presets area, with link to whatever tracking document you want everyone to access. Then people can comment as they add things to the list?

It's not a pitch for a vendor, it's more of a cheat sheet on what vendor (LiveGold) presets you find help you get what sounds. That's what people are looking for. In next few weeks if I have some time I'll try to populate a few of them.

In Live Gold I DO label some preset SCENES pretty clearly what I think they sound like, so that may be useful....
Sure thing, I'll start a thread when I get something worthwhile. And yes, the scenes you have labeled are really great, many thanks! I've used them often. I just just used one of the AC/DC scenes the other day and it was one click and there it was - I sounded just like them... well, the guitar tone, anyway. :)

jwa174900

I just bought the live gold pack and so far it is fricking amazing. I don't have a controller and I want to try the changes in the CS but both of the links in the instruction manual for the forumcpost and the YT video link just takes me to Apples home page. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the AXFX3

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I just bought the live gold pack and so far it is fricking amazing. I don't have a controller and I want to try the changes in the CS but both of the links in the instruction manual for the forumcpost and the YT video link just takes me to Apples home page. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the AXFX3
Glad you love it! The Marshalls sound even better with the CS2 boost engaged.

If you don't have an FC controller for your Axe-Fx III, then you will have to manually use the editor to turn the CS switches on/off by scene.

If you have some other type of controller it is possible to change the CS switches to an external midi CC#.

Not sure why you are getting an Apple page?

The YouTube video that explains how the CS Controllers work is here on my YouTube channel, hope this helps you understand the concept.

(Maybe there is a smart way I haven't had time to think about/ figure out yet, to map the CS controllers to the knobs on the front of the unit ABCDE as performance control, for people who don't have a controller...someone can chime in they know how to do that!)

jwa174900

Glad you love it! The Marshalls sound even better with the CS2 boost engaged.

If you don't have an FC controller for your Axe-Fx III, then you will have to manually use the editor to turn the CS switches on/off by scene.

If you have some other type of controller it is possible to change the CS switches to an external midi CC#.

Not sure why you are getting an Apple page?

The YouTube video that explains how the CS Controllers work is here on my YouTube channel, hope this helps you understand the concept.

(Maybe there is a smart way I haven't had time to think about/ figure out yet, to map the CS controllers to the knobs on the front of the unit ABCDE as performance control, for people who don't have a controller...someone can chime in they know how to do that!)

Thank you very much. I wish I would have bought this pack when I first bought my fractal. They sound great.

Top Bottom