Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I downloaded the Dream Rigs for my XL+, and I'm a bit confused about which firmware I should be using. I had updated to Ares 2.0 in preparation for the presets, but it kinda seems like that was a mistake. I'll only be using this XL+ for these AustinBuddy presets, so I want to make sure I'm getting full use out of them, and I don't really understand what "Partial Update for Ares" means. It looks like there are only 3 banks, whereas the Quantum version has 6 banks + bonus presets.

(Perhaps adding to my confusion is that I have an AxeFX III, and haven't used this XL+ in a while. Updating to Ares shows that I still have 6 banks, A-F.)

Should I first install the Quantum version of AB's presets? Should I revert to Quantum first? I'm not even sure I need Ares, if I'll only be using AB's presets. It's really making my head spin a little, any help appreciated! Perhaps there's an updated installation guide somewhere?

You can use ARES 2. There will be an update for that coming in next few weeks hopefully before December. (Unless Cliff produces another firmware update for it)

Load the three updated Ares 1.03 banks and you can load the three 10 Quantum banks too but they will be re-leveled and better when they get and my ARES update. But the 1.03 banks work fine on 2.0 for now.

Last edited:
You can use ARES 2. There will be an update for that coming in next few weeks hopefully before December. (Unless Cliff produces another firmware update for it)

Load the three updated Ares 1.03 banks and you can load the three 10 Quantum banks too but they will be re-leveled andbettet when they get and my ARES update. But the 1.03 banks work fine on 2.0 for now.

Roger that, thanks for the assist AB. :)

Within two weeks, if not sooner, I'll have an ARES 2.0 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack update available for customer download for the Axe-Fx III XL/XL+ and then Mark II/Original shortly after that. Sorry, no ARES firmware has been released (yet) for AX8...so everyone is still on Quantum 10.01 for that.

It sounds REALLY good on ARES 2.0!!! Got The "Great Gig Choices" bank A done tonight... re-leveling, very slight tweaks mostly, sometimes cutting some treble in amp block, and am using the 12db filter slope in Cab block now and back to Ultra-res for some cabs. To my ears, ARES 2.0 has more bottom end feel like a real cab, you will notice it.

Will pick it back up next weekend and get a few more banks done for ya'll. Will send out a update too to customer list for notification.

Then I'll start on 1000+ Dream Rigs for the Axe-Fx III (firmware 10.02?), which will be a little different...then a version for the for the FM3, don't have one yet to work with but am sure it's coming sometime in the next few months...lots to do before the holidays hit! Cheers all!

Within two weeks, if not sooner, I'll have an ARES 2.0 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack update available for customer download for the Axe-Fx III XL/XL+ and then Mark II/Original shortly after that. Sorry, no ARES firmware has been released (yet) for AX8...so everyone is still on Quantum 10.01 for that.

It sounds REALLY good on ARES 2.0!!! Got The "Great Gig Choices" bank A done tonight... re-leveling, very slight tweaks mostly, sometimes cutting some treble in amp block, and am using the 12db filter slope in Cab block now and back to Ultra-res for some cabs. To my ears, ARES 2.0 has more bottom end feel like a real cab, you will notice it.

Will pick it back up next weekend and get a few more banks done for ya'll. Will send out a update too to customer list for notification.

Then I'll start on 1000+ Dream Rigs for the Axe-Fx III (firmware 10.02?), which will be a little different...then a version for the for the FM3, don't have one yet to work with but am sure it's coming sometime in the next few months...lots to do before the holidays hit! Cheers all!

Brilliant news Austin Buddy! Thank you

This is GREAT news, AustinBuddy!! Thanks, as always, for all your hard work!

Great news!
Should have the XL/XL+ version done by Tuesday. Then I have to fix the cab issue for the Axe-Fx II but on track to have it all done before Thanksgiving week here in the US. Will send email out as well as post here when done.

It’s going to be LOUDER.

@austinbuddy To convert your presets to stereo all I need to do is change the delays and set I/O menu appropriately correct?
Hey - just set the output in hardware to stereo. That’s it. Anything after the Cab block like reverb and most delays and wet effects are in stereo as default (usually), but you globally adjust/defeat that by using the Copy L>R or Sum L+R instead of Stereo. Hope that helps!

Should have the XL/XL+ version done by Tuesday. Then I have to fix the cab issue for the Axe-Fx II but on track to have it all done before Thanksgiving week here in the US. Will send email out as well as post here when done.

It’s going to be LOUDER.

I just checked my account and the new XL/XL+ version wasn't available yet. Are you waiting until the Axe FXII version is done also?

Last edited:
will you be doing a brit rock royalty for axe 2 ????
It is on the list to try and do. There are a few problems to solve. It will take multiple presets for a song where one Axe III preset could do it with 8 scenes for example. Have to use different compressor since we do not have analog one in the II. Have to use more User Cabs. Can’t get to it until early 2020 since I need to do Axe III update next. Will keep you posted.

Hi everyone -- if you have bought the 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack for use on an XL or XL+ your complete update is now available for download -- just login to your account and you will see it. New customers can access the new version now as well.

Separately, next up, will work to get the Axe-Fx Mark II ARES 2.0 version completed as top priority, hopefully before Monday. It's just a tedious cab substitution thing, hoping I can knock out in a night or two over the weekend by Sunday night.

Will post here when that Mark II update version is also complete and ready for download - thanks for your patience.

The ARES 2 updated Dream Rigs presets sound awesome, and they are re-leveled and a bit LOUDER than before...in a good way!

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom