Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Purchased and blown away. Thank you. I had some pretty decent presets before, but now I have awesome ones.

Q: one of the presets is noticably lower in volume than the other ones (for example: all the Dr. Z 66): is there a setting I might be missing? (not complaining, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, it's an easy fix regardless (Axe II mk 1)

Last edited:
Hmmm. I am away from studio next seven days... I will check the Dr.Z out. Just add 2db to amp LEVEL control and save in meantime?

Purchased and blown away. Thank you. I had some pretty decent presets before, but now I have awesome ones.

Q: one of the presets is noticably lower in volume than the other ones (for example: all the Dr. Z 66): is there a setting I might be missing? (not complaining, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, it's an easy fix regardless (Axe II mk 1)
[/QU

Update: A lot of the "cln" presets in the Fender/Boutique bank 'suffer' from the same 'low volume'.

I'm absolutely assuming it's user error here, but is anyone else having that same issue? (Again, it's an easy fix, but just wondering what I'm doing wrong to be causing this)

Just bought the Mark II Dream Pack yesterday. Mind blown. This is the best my rig has ever sounded. Each preset just sings with rich harmonics, especially love the edge of breakup stuff and the medium gain patches. Every amp model cleans up by rolling the guitar volume off a bit, which I love.

I have nothing bad to say about the factory presets, or even about some of the other 3rd party presets I’ve purchased, but on some of the amp models I’ve thought “I don’t understand what the attraction is to this amp.” AustinBuddy’s Dream Pack has changed my mind about many amp models. They ALL sound great. I see the light.

Update: A lot of the "cln" presets in the Fender/Boutique bank 'suffer' from the same 'low volume'.

I'm absolutely assuming it's user error here, but is anyone else having that same issue? (Again, it's an easy fix, but just wondering what I'm doing wrong to be causing this)
What guitar are you using? These were dialed in with humbuckers and they will vary in volume response if you are using a single coil. Just use the kicker coil switch per manual and that will raise volume of cleans. But every preset was re-leveled for Banks A B and C.

A Fender Twin may read exactly the same level as a Plexi on a a console meter but the Plexi can sound louder to listener. Likewise, the metal amps will sound louder than medium breakup amps. It’s partly due to the EQ and harmonic content and Fletcher Munson effect.

I am using a MusicMan Axis Sport with humbuckers. The volume drop I am experiencing is not only "by ear", but also visible on the Axe's VU-meter. I will try with a different guitar to rule out that it's somehow related to that. I will also re-install the Banks.

I want to re-iterate that I am in no way complaining. I am loving the tones and the volume thing is easy to fix.

Edit: I've also come across some presets that do not have Cab block (well the block is there, but has "none" selected), so I am assuming something went wrong with uploading the banks to the Axe, and that this is somehow related to the volume thingie also. Not able to upload anything to the Axe at the moment, but will let you know.

Last edited:
I am using a MusicMan Axis Sport with humbuckers. The volume drop I am experiencing is not only "by ear", but also visible on the Axe's VU-meter. I will try with a different guitar to rule out that it's somehow related to that. I will also re-install the Banks.

I want to re-iterate that I am in no way complaining. I am loving the tones and the volume thing is easy to fix.

Edit: I've also come across some presets that do not have Cab block (well the block is there, but has "none" selected), so I am assuming something went wrong with uploading the banks to the Axe, and that this is somehow related to the volume thingie also. Not able to upload anything to the Axe at the moment, but will let you know.
there is a user cab list supplied with the pack and you have to insert in to the empty user slot the the supplied IR matching the the number of the empty user cab block.

for example user slot U020 should be empty and you have to insert the acommidated ir which came with the Preset Pack, which will be for user slot 20: 1x12 Shiver 160 B.

there is a user cab list supplied with the pack and you have to insert in to the empty user slot the the supplied IR matching the the number of the empty user cab block.

for example user slot U020 should be empty and you have to insert the acommidated ir which came with the Preset Pack, which will be for user slot 20: 1x12 Shiver 160 B.

Hi @hole -- @BlackBitch is correct -- please read the README and User Manual, because you have to install the Cab IRs in the locations indicated. There is a YouTube video tutorial set here showing how to do this on an AX8, but the same concepts apply for the Axe-Fx.

Try that and then see if the volume thing is an issue -- you may be missing a cab IR in the block that brings up the volume you thought was low.

I did install the usercabs......but only the only the ones that were in the update. I just noticed that in the original, there are more.
That's probably it (as said: I expected user error all along). I can test tonight.
Thanks for the help guys.

HI everyone:

You may notice that Cliff Chase has released an ARES 2.0 firmware for the Axe-Fx II! So far in my early testing, it looks like you can use the AustinBuddy 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack made for ARES1.03 (the first three recently updated banks to 1.03 are in your customer account on my website now) with ARES 2.0.

It may sound a little different tonally - stronger bottom end for example, but it still kicks butt and feels and responds even more like real amps (who knew that was even possible?).

I will see about tweaking that recent Axe-Fx II Dream Rigs update for this great firmware ARES 2.0, but having just spent several weekends tweaking it for a 1.03 update, I need to finish a few over things in the queue first. So thanks for being patient!

Lovin' the *BF Prince Clean preset with the DR Squishy For Cleans comp block in front, Strat positions 4 and 5 for some tasty funk. C'est chic!

HI everyone:

You may notice that Cliff Chase has released an ARES 2.0 firmware for the Axe-Fx II! So far in my early testing, it looks like you can use the AustinBuddy 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack made for ARES1.03 (the first three recently updated banks to 1.03 are in your customer account on my website now) with ARES 2.0.

It may sound a little different tonally - stronger bottom end for example, but it still kicks butt and feels and responds even more like real amps (who knew that was even possible?).

I will see about tweaking that recent Axe-Fx II Dream Rigs update for this great firmware ARES 2.0, but having just spent several weekends tweaking it for a 1.03 update, I need to finish a few over things in the queue first. So thanks for being patient!

One question, If i buy it today and you updated for a recent firmware like ares 2.0 can i download it in the future?

And the last Question you said "Plug and Play", I play guitar in a cover version band. I´m looking for presets, you said "Plug-in & play” professionally leveled and dialed-in tones to choose from almost every amp channel modeled in the Axe-Fx XL or XL+, dialed in for live gig use! "

For live use i play through pa, my sound is ok
At home through monitors, my sound is ok
At reharses with my band in the room, through a FR Laney LFR (1x12). I play with another guitar player with a cheap amp and he sound better than me. This is my worst situation and the one I want to improve. I need the feeling of "amp in a room". I know this is difficult, but could you help me with your presets to optimize them for this situation?

Thanks for your support

And the last Question you said "Plug and Play", I play guitar in a cover version band. I´m looking for presets, you said "Plug-in & play” professionally leveled and dialed-in tones to choose from almost every amp channel modeled in the Axe-Fx XL or XL+, dialed in for live gig use! "

For live use i play through pa, my sound is ok
At home through monitors, my sound is ok
At reharses with my band in the room, through a FR Laney LFR (1x12). I play with another guitar player with a cheap amp and he sound better than me. This is my worst situation and the one I want to improve. I need the feeling of "amp in a room". I know this is difficult, but could you help me with your presets to optimize them for this situation?

Thanks for your support
Let me understand. Are you saying say your sound is good EXCEPT when you rehearse? What presets are you using now/amp type?

If any of you Axe-Fx XL or XL+ are interested in BASS presets, I'm almost done with an ARES 2.0 200+ (actually 300+!) Bass TonePack for the Axe-Fx XL and XL+. The AX8 version (Quantum 10.01) of the 200+ Bass TonePack is already out, and on sale for $79 for a few weeks on austinbuddy.com.

Unfortunately right now for you Mark II/Original owners who only have cabs up to 133 and not 189 like the AX8, the BassTonepack makes some of use of some cabs in the 134 to 189 range, so to get a Mark II/Original version to happen next, I will still have to make some Factory Cab substitutions (like I did for Dream Rigs) and that adds a layer of extra time to finish it. I will try, but I don't want to compromise several presets that use three factory cabs over #133...

Will figure it out eventually, hopefully before year end, -- but need to next focus next few weeks on an ARES 2.0 and re-leveling update for the 1000+ Dream Rigs for the Axe-Fx (XL, XL+ and Mark II/Original).

I'll start a different thread on these 200+ Bass presets in this section of the forum soon. Really useful sounds, especially for studio applications, but also some great live presets. Was a lot of fun to do, worked with a great bass player here and got good feedback from some bass players who beta-tested it. Cheers!
Bass-Tonepack-Box-3d-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Just read through 12pages and see off as heal up.
disregard.

I have just purchased as well, I am enjoying the sounds.
Curious, I have an EV-1 for expression. On the wah modifier it shows the Off Values up at like 95%, Auto Engage Slow. The EV never disengages the wah. On my own presets, this Off Value setting is at 5% and when I adjust to that and Auto Engage to Med or Fast all is well. Its like its opposite to your setting. Is there a global setting I can set this up instead of tweaking every preset? I have calibrated the pedal and its showing proper values in the modifier page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom