Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Good question, thanks. The next update (ARES) is free. I know it's the fourth. But ARES 1.03 is likely to be the last firmware update for the XL/XL+ is my guess, so I see no point in charging for it.

Speaking of which ... I just uploaded the first three UPDATED Banks for ARES 1.03 for the Xl and XL+ users. It's in your account now to download.
Hi Austin Buddy.. I dont receive any update in my mail or in the Austin Buddy site. Were i do the upload the last firmware?
Cheers.

OKAY - FOR XL/XL+ USERS...good news!

THE FIRST THREE 1000+ DREAM RIGS TONEPACK BANKS ARE UPDATED, AND NOW AVAILABLE FOR XL/XL+ USERS RUNNING ARES 1.03!

The updated banks available in your XL/XL+ account now are:

1. Great Gig Choices,
2. Fender & Boutique, and
3. Modern/Prog Metal.

Every preset has been re-leveled and it will sound louder -- and better. ARES sounds great!

What's next priority? Will get these same three banks updated for the Axe-Fx Mark II/Original users...

Then will tackle updating the remaining three or 1000+ Dream Rigs banks (the single coils bank, plus two extra Banks, plus Bonus preset bank) for each unit.

I'll also get an email update out about this in next few weeks too, so folks who don't visit the Fractal Forum often will be aware.

For existing customers, just login to your AustinBuddy account and the update will be there. It should be labeled "Partial Update ARES fw1.03 for XL - First 3 Dream Rigs Banks" in your downloads area.

The actual zip file name is 2019UPDATE-ARES1.03-XL-Banks-1-2-3ForDreamRigs.

Didn't put any manuals or notes in the update zip file -- open the old original one if you are buying first time and need to refer to those.

I've got some travel over next two weeks that will keep me away from studio unfortunately impeding faster progress, but will work on this whenever I can, should all be done before end of September is my goal.

Once all seven banks are done for ARES 1.03 and available, know that this will be last update for the 1000+ Dream Rigs for XL/XL+ and Mark II/Original, as I am pretty sure there will be no forthcoming firmware updates for these legacy Fractal Audio Systems products.

However... I do plan to keep producing TonePack products for the Xl/XL+ and Mark II.... for things like my new Brit Rock Royalty Tonepack series (just released for Axe-Fx III) ... and an eventual 1000+ FX Warehouse blocks library product... these are still killer units and sound great. ARES 1.03 really sounds great!

Hi Austin Buddy.. I dont receive any update in my mail or in the Austin Buddy site. Were i do the upload the last firmware?
Cheers.

@Veloso1978 - good question, and just posted on this. For existing customers, just login to your AustinBuddy account and the update will be there. It should be labeled "Partial Update ARES fw1.03 for XL - First 3 Dream Rigs Banks" in your downloads area.

I won't post about it on my blog/website (which would send out an email) until I have the Mark II/Original version ready/done as well...

I jus got that in my accounts Austin.
What i do wrong Austin?

Attachments

• 91C373BE-7050-40E5-AAF3-48979C72C278.jpeg
    91C373BE-7050-40E5-AAF3-48979C72C278.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Hey Mark II/Original owners -

I need a favor from just ONE of you who is comfortable with the below steps, as a volunteer?

This task will help me get the Mark II Dream Rigs update done quicker, possibly by next weekend... It's needed because I don't own a Axe-Fx Mark II any more (I just own an XL).

So... I can use FracTool to convert the updated XL Dream Rigs files over to the Mark II (which is how I did the original banks).

The tricky part is my reading/checking the FACTORY versus USER CABS.

Mark II's only have Factory Cabs to 132, whereas XL/XL+ have Factory cabs to 189. I make use of a fairly good number of Factory cabs over #132 in the XL version...and so I had to do substitutes for the Mark II version. About nine of the multiple XL's extra Factory cabs (Cliff did release publicly) are in user cab slots 0034-0042 and used, but some were not released and so I had to do substitutions.

My ask: I need someone to run FracTool on their Mark II that has original the Dream Rigs banks loaded in Banks A, B and C -- Great Gigs, Fender & Boutique, and Modern Metal -- in that bank order -- as follows:

1. Back up your three existing banks in FractalBot, so you can restore after this process.

2. Load the original Mark II Dream Rigs Banks 1, 2, and 3 into your Axe-Fx Mark II"s Banks A, B and C slot. Use the banks form thew zip file you downloaded. Will be firmware 10.01, that's okay.

3. Open FracTool, connect to your Mark II, then select the CAB LIST tab at the top.

4. Then hit REFRESH button towards top right. FracTool will then poll your Axe-Fx Mark III for every preset and every cab used.

5. When it's done, it will open a dialogue box, asking you to name and save a .csv (spreadsheet) file of the results.

6. Please save that file (name it "Dream Rigs Mark II Cab List") and send the file email to me. Thanks!

You see, on my XL, the Bogner Clean is reading as Factory 152 (Fender 2X10) for the Mark II presets. But when you run it on your Mark II, it should point ot the User cab with the Shiva 160B in it -- User Cab 20. I am just looking to confirm all of these are correct in the batch I have before I start tweaking. Originally I had to substitute some cabs in the mark II that were not available there that XL had (Like the v60 I love for the Splawns). This will give me a good record.

This is what the delay is...and I'm out this week. But I have this Friday from you, then hopefully by next Sunday Sept. 8 we ill have the Banks 1,2 and 3 finished for the Mark II Dream Rigs - fingers crossed! But I need this tool to make sure everything is correct...

My email is on my website here. (Can't type it out here, else Bots will spam me).

On my XL: you see this screen shot: This is from a Mark II Dream Rigs Bank 1 preset (XTC Clean) loaded into my XL. You can tell, because my XL has 189 Factory cabs (not 132), Axe-Edit is "seeing" the Cab has a Factory Cab 152 on my end -- whereas on your Mark II it should be reading "U0020 1x12 Shiver 160B" (132+20= 152). This is the issue I have.

So I'd rather eyeball a printer out list from a mark II to make sure everything is as it should be, than just do math and hope I'm right! Really appreciate this assistance!

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 5.04.05 PM.png

Thanks Austin Buddy. As a Mark 1 owner I'm so thankful that you're keeping our tones alive.
I'm also very excited up future effects libraries for us. If they're anything like your amp tones (which I do not doubt) we are in for a treat!
Webby

Hi everyone:

If you previously purchased the 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack for the Axe-Fx XL/XL+ or Original/Mark II running Quantum 10.01 firmware, you can now access a partial update for ARES 1.03 firmware for Banks 1, 2 and 3 by logging into your account. You should see an UPDATE zip download available to you there now, in addition to your original 10.01 download.

This update does not apply to AX8 users because Fractal Audio has not (and likely will not) update the AX8 further than the current Quantum 10.01 due to CPU/processor limitations and code space.

Below are some release notes included in the update. If you are buying this product for the first time, you still need to get and look at the original 10.01 download file and follow the steps to install User Cabs and the blocks library. I have videos on YouTube that explain all of that. Enjoy!

RELEASE NOTES

If you have updated to ARES 1.03 on your Axe-Fx, then you can now use these three ARES-compatible banks (in the ARES update download), instead of the original banks 1, 2 or 3 from the original download for Q10

Note that Dream Rigs Bank 4 (for single coils), Extra Banks A and B, and bonus presets are not yet updated to ARES, but will become available later this year once I update them next. Wanted to get half the update sooner for you to enjoy, so decided to split this into two partial updates.

RELEASE NOTES:

• Updated all preset amp blocks (full reset) for the three main Dream Rigs Banks 1, 2 and 3 and made them available for download.
  • Fixed gain and amp EQ where needed. Some amps had more gain under ARES, so reduced that some.
  • Re-leveled all preset and Amp X/Y sounds. The presets in this 1.03 updated version will sound hotter (and better!) than prior version. A few amps (especially modern/metal ones) will “come to life” more with the louder volume. Peaks above -12db on console are expected and okay, should still be under -9db when peaking.
  • Fixed several Diezel amp presets that changed drastically in volume between Quantum 10.01 and ARES 1.03
  • Fixed SVT Bass Amp 1 and SVT Bass Amp 2 change and affected presets
  • Mark II Only — substituted various factory cabs for Mark II (any in XL numbered above Factory Cab #132) where applicable.
  • Fixed small errors here and there.
Because the Axe-Fx II XL/XL and Mark II/Original are now legacy products for Fractal Audio, future firmware updates from Fractal Audio are highly unlikely.

Therefore this is likely to be the last AustinBuddy version of 1000+ Dream Rigs for XL/XL+ and the Mark II (but will include a forthcoming Bank 4 and Extras Banks A & B and bonus preset update to ARES, once done).

No update is available for the AX8, because that unit still uses firmware Quantum 10.01 and no ARES update is expected for it. If you try to use FracTool to convert these Axe-Fx presets over for AX8 use, be aware it may not sound right due to differing firmware/incompatibility!

Enjoy, and thanks for your patience!

Hi everyone:

If you previously purchased the 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack for the Axe-Fx XL/XL+ or Original/Mark II running Quantum 10.01 firmware, you can now access a partial update for ARES 1.03 firmware for Banks 1, 2 and 3 by logging into your account. You should see an UPDATE zip download available to you there now, in addition to your original 10.01 download.

This update does not apply to AX8 users because Fractal Audio has not (and likely will not) update the AX8 further than the current Quantum 10.01 due to CPU/processor limitations and code space.

Below are some release notes included in the update. If you are buying this product for the first time, you still need to get and look at the original 10.01 download file and follow the steps to install User Cabs and the blocks library. I have videos on YouTube that explain all of that. Enjoy!

RELEASE NOTES

If you have updated to ARES 1.03 on your Axe-Fx, then you can now use these three ARES-compatible banks (in the ARES update download), instead of the original banks 1, 2 or 3 from the original download for Q10

Note that Dream Rigs Bank 4 (for single coils), Extra Banks A and B, and bonus presets are not yet updated to ARES, but will become available later this year once I update them next. Wanted to get half the update sooner for you to enjoy, so decided to split this into two partial updates.

RELEASE NOTES:

• Updated all preset amp blocks (full reset) for the three main Dream Rigs Banks 1, 2 and 3 and made them available for download.
  • Fixed gain and amp EQ where needed. Some amps had more gain under ARES, so reduced that some.
  • Re-leveled all preset and Amp X/Y sounds. The presets in this 1.03 updated version will sound hotter (and better!) than prior version. A few amps (especially modern/metal ones) will “come to life” more with the louder volume. Peaks above -12db on console are expected and okay, should still be under -9db when peaking.
  • Fixed several Diezel amp presets that changed drastically in volume between Quantum 10.01 and ARES 1.03
  • Fixed SVT Bass Amp 1 and SVT Bass Amp 2 change and affected presets
  • Mark II Only — substituted various factory cabs for Mark II (any in XL numbered above Factory Cab #132) where applicable.
  • Fixed small errors here and there.
Because the Axe-Fx II XL/XL and Mark II/Original are now legacy products for Fractal Audio, future firmware updates from Fractal Audio are highly unlikely.

Therefore this is likely to be the last AustinBuddy version of 1000+ Dream Rigs for XL/XL+ and the Mark II (but will include a forthcoming Bank 4 and Extras Banks A & B and bonus preset update to ARES, once done).

No update is available for the AX8, because that unit still uses firmware Quantum 10.01 and no ARES update is expected for it. If you try to use FracTool to convert these Axe-Fx presets over for AX8 use, be aware it may not sound right due to differing firmware/incompatibility!

Enjoy, and thanks for your patience!
Thanks Austin Buddy for your effort to make the people happy...I just try and notice immediately some changes in sound and volumes to... Maybe that’s my impression but looks and sound great... thanks to the last firmware the Dream Rigs... I think it’s just a matter of time to buy the axe fx 3... Once more thank you a lot. Greetings from Portugal 🇵🇹.👌🎸

Hi austinbuddy,

do you plan to update all 6 banks in the future?

Thanks
Yes.

The first three banks are available now updated for ARES. Both Mark II and XL/XL+.

On the remaining, I finished the single coil banks for XL Sunday (but not available yet) and have to convert to Mark II ...then will do the two extra banks and bonus presets. My work has me traveling away from studio this week but I am optimistic everything will be done and available before end of September.

If someone hasn’t bought it before but wants too, if they buy now they get the updated first three (main) banks for ARES 1.03 immediately, and will be able to get the rest in a few weeks.

It really sounds better on ARES... this time I left the speaker comp value on default (not off) and the leveling is louder.

Back
Top Bottom