Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Actually there's a better way to do it. Two words : macro recorder. but you need to be creative about how you set it up. I used it a lot on my amp packs. Sometimes, the macro would run for more than half a day, while I was watching some TV series, pretending I was working and feeling good about it.
Hi,

what macro recorder can you recommend for Windows PC?

/HaPe

Buddy thanks so much for the amazing presets. When the guitar is idle, I’m hearing a sound I would describe as a “whirring” noise on several of the clean presets. I’ve reloaded the firmware and reset parameters a couple different times. I hear it when using both a CLR and studio monitors and haven’t heard it before on any other presets, including the Naked Amps pack. Any ideas? Mainly playing through single coils. Thanks!

Buddy thanks so much for the amazing presets. When the guitar is idle, I’m hearing a sound I would describe as a “whirring” noise on several of the clean presets. I’ve reloaded the firmware and reset parameters a couple different times. I hear it when using both a CLR and studio monitors and haven’t heard it before on any other presets, including the Naked Amps pack. Any ideas? Mainly playing through single coils. Thanks!

It’s amp noise. From the effects block library, load the default Classic Noisegate at the start of the signal chaiin. It defaults to -80db. If you need to, raise it to -70db with a ratio of 2.0 and that should eliminate it. Play with it per preset, it can go as low as -90db to stop the noise up to -65db, depending on the gain level. Hope that helps!

It’s amp noise. From the effects block library, load the default Classic Noisegate at the start of the signal chaiin. It defaults to -80db. If you need to, raise it to -70db with a ratio of 2.0 and that should eliminate it. Play with it per preset, it can go as low as -90db to stop the noise up to -65db, depending on the gain level. Hope that helps!

Also - in case it is not a noisegate issue, if you have a USB cable attached to your unit to your computer, sometimes that is your hard drive whirring or starting up and you can hear it in the speaker. Something you should’nt hear on stage. Disconnect it and see if it goes away. If not, post again. I have heard that whirring myself.

Played live last night using your presets as downloaded. They were even better at gig volume. I had been using them at low volumes to practice with great results, but cranked, they really shine. Every patch at medium gain and used my volume knob to adjust for rhythm and leads. Had a group of guitar nuts around me at the end asking questions. I think Cliff is going to sell a lot more hardware because of your preset packs. Thanks again.

Played live last night using your presets as downloaded. They were even better at gig volume. I had been using them at low volumes to practice with great results, but cranked, they really shine. Every patch at medium gain and used my volume knob to adjust for rhythm and leads. Had a group of guitar nuts around me at the end asking questions. I think Cliff is going to sell a lot more hardware because of your preset packs. Thanks again.
One of the best things I learned early on is to dial in presets at the same level I’d use at a gig (to be louder than drums!). It was so important because of the Fletcher-Munson curve effect, that fools your ears and make sounds sound different at different volume levels.

Thrilled to hear the gig went well and these are working well for you! Did you find a particular medium gain amp preset you liked and used you could name here for us? Thanks again for the kudos.

Last edited:
One of the best things I learned early on is to dial in presets at the same level I’d use at a gig (to be louder than drums!). It was so important because of the Fletcher-Munson curve effect, that fools your ears and make sounds sound different at different volume levels.

Thrilled to hear the gig went well and these are working well for you! Did you find a particular medium gain amp preset you liked and used you could name here for us? Thanks again for the kudos.

Last gig I played from the Fender pallet. Tweeds and a couple of Bassmans, I believe. The way you have this set up is perfect for me. I tend to pick random amps on gig night that I know are in the parameters of a sound I’m looking for. This forces me to use my ear, fingers and guitar controls to get me where I need to be. I find it wakes me up and doesn’t let me play robotically through the songs. Sort of forces you to live in the moment. The fact that you have added so many different ways to add tone on the fly using a logical and consistent system on the foot controls is a life saver.
Originally I was on the fence about buying this product. Wasn’t sure I could see the value in the way it was laid out. Now I get it.

Well I took a leap of faith and ordered.

I liked the Naked Amps pack but really just used it to find some amps I like then abandoned it and used those with my IR's. I'm really hoping this pack will keep me more off the rabbit hole mentality or at least give me some cool new stuff to learn. I like the idea of working with library blocks and doing a full reset of the device to start clean.

Also, any chance for a cross-platform discount? As in, if I purchase an Axe III at some point, a little something off the top?

Okay, can I ask some really basic and probably DUMB questions? I am just getting into this and it is a bit like a foreign language. I have looked at the videos and sort of understand what I need to do after I order the package. Here is where I am not yet clear....
When I unzip and install, do all those banks/files go INTO the AX8? Or do they then reside on my PC where are they accessed by it (AX8) so I can preview them and make decisions on which/what/where they should go?

Again, sorry if that is a dumb newbie question....Just trying to figure out what I am doing BEFORE I am in the middle of it!

When I unzip and install, do all those banks/files go INTO the AX8? Or do they then reside on my PC where are they accessed by it (AX8) so I can preview them and make decisions on which/what/where they should go?
Either way. Your choice.

Back
Top Bottom