• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Vendor [AustinBuddy] 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack for Axe-Fx II Available NOW!

bread

Experienced
The JTM45 and the Dumble ODS 100 Ford 1 sound absolutely stellar. I haven't really got much further than these I just keep noodling around with the JTM45 for cleans, and the Dumble for crunch and lead.

Holy cow @austinbuddy !

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
The JTM45 and the Dumble ODS 100 Ford 1 sound absolutely stellar. I haven't really got much further than these I just keep noodling around with the JTM45 for cleans, and the Dumble for crunch and lead.

Holy cow @austinbuddy !
Thanks! Those are two of my "desert island amps" for sure! Check out the 2204 Plexi Master Volume Marshall too if you like the JTM -- also killer.

bcp

I'm now into day two of exploring Dream Rigs for the Axe FX II. In a word, this is stunning- SO much to fall in love with here!! I am especially grateful for all the time you've devoted to making this so accessible- explaining your concept, the step-by-step "how-to's", the extensive video library, and even checklists. It makes me not only want to play more, but to understand more and to explore more confidently.

One question- It makes sense as you've said that "Axe-FX II or XL or XL+ users will have to make your own foot controller assignments in your MFC 101 or other controller to take full advantage of the on-board boosts, Amp X/Y, PEQ or filters before amps to offer tonal variations, and effects blocks X/Y." But I was wondering, since I'm planning on starting from scratch anyway with my MFC in conjunction with Dream Rigs, have you used an MFC with this pack and, if so, would there be a map you'd be willing to share for reference showing where you chose to assign things?

I have many preset packs that I've purchased and love, but for me, this is the best sounding and accessible pack yet- thank you!!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Well bcp ... it really is to taste. Some people like to use scenes, which I would definitely do if I were performing specific songs in a band (which I'm not right now). If you are, I'd recommend doing presets named/based on the set list/songs and use scenes to switch stuff on and off. Some bottom four rows would be presets, middle four rows would be scenes 1,2,3, 4, and top row might be drive pedal or stuff you might add on the fly.

Right now when I play here in studio or with my friends, I like to grab any effect on the fly depending on how I feel. Here's a shot of my MFC-101 layout. I made this AFTER I did the Axe-Fx Dream Rigs - it was not the original way I had it. The bottom 4 foot switches default to Presets 1 to 4 unless I hit "reveal" then I can access the labeled values.

I use the top two buttons for CS2 and CS1... the "Up" and "Down" will soon come off mine, but that is the Output Block VOL +1/-1db in case I need to re-adjust a preset. The "single coil kicker/ SC BOOST" (Input Trim) is the silver button at top, and red button next to it is the Amp Boost/PAB. Amp X/Y is on far left. I'm still working on it all...unlike the AX8, I can't access everything that has X/Y in this setup -- not enough foot switches!

I also bought some years back the left side attached 4-button extension after I saw Dweezil Zappa had one...it was made in Israel but not sure if they are made any more, it hooks into the four foot switches (but no LEDs).

IMG_8915.jpg

I also use four expression pedals....mine are Exp1 Wah/pitch, Exp 2 is speed (like phaser or rotary), Exp 3 was originally my Wah but is now Volume, and Exp 4 is my 'wild card." I use to use that attached to amp drive, or for delays/wet.

I also use a Teese REMC3 wah and sometimes a Supa Quack.... and I have a few real-life pedals in front, mainly fuzz stuff since that avoids the Axe-Fx buffer....

image1.jpeg

Last edited:

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I’m just about to purchase these for my Axe-Fx II XL - have I missed the introductory price window?

For the AX8 and XL, yes. Those were on introductory sale for three weeks in December. The Mark II is still on sale because it did not get released until January and I want to be fair to the owners of those units and also give them an introductory sales price for same period of time. Thanks.

Veloso1978

Inspired
I just buy the Dream Rig Pack 1000 and resolve a very problems with questions in FOH. It counts every penny . Thanks a lot to Austin Buddy... I just play a couple presets and are amazing.
Thanks once more.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Customer appreciation time...Got a nice email from Greg in Oregon, who said:

"Just wanted to send a quick note of thanks. I purchased your Dream Rigs pack yesterday and......WOW! I was on the fence about the purchase because I already own the Naked Amps pack, but I'm so glad I did.

I tried as hard as I could, but I wasn't able to get any of the patches to sound bad!! Every patch is stunning. Minimal tweaking for my personal preferences and I now have the best sounding rig I have ever had in 35 years of playing. I can't say thank you enough. Keep up the great work!"

Thank you Greg!

nbelcik

Hey austinbuddy, I bought the Naked Amps pack and I'm considering buying the Dream Rigs pack, but I was wondering if you planned on updating to Ares 1.00 once the final version is out?

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey austinbuddy, I bought the Naked Amps pack and I'm considering buying the Dream Rigs pack, but I was wondering if you planned on updating to Ares 1.00 once the final version is out?

One day I will, but am working on other things right now...wouldn't be before summer probably. Also let's use see what else Cliff may do to it when final? The 10.01 presets (aside from any using the Ampeg SV Bass model) should work under ARES 1.x.

Last edited:

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic

I have the Dream Rigs Pack and it's working well with Ares 1.00 Beta. For me it's improves the amp sounds and neeeds in same cases maybe minor tweaking, like the bass a bit down, depending on your guitar and pickups. So far most presets work great without doing any tweaks. ;) All I do is changing sometimes the amount of Delay and switch the Micro Boost to the TS808 with different settings in the drive block.

Veloso1978

Inspired
I have the Dream Rigs Pack and it's working well with Ares 1.00 Beta. For me it's improves the amp sounds and neeeds in same cases maybe minor tweaking, like the bass a bit down, depending on your guitar and pickups. So far most presets work great without doing any tweaks. ;) All I do is changing sometimes the amount of Delay and switch the Micro Boost to the TS808 with different settings in the drive block.
Yes it’s true that’s my opinion in my case. I’ve got the Ibanez JS 2410 MCO and I just need to tweak a litlle bit. But it sound good to my ears not eyes... A Big ATTENTION...

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I appreciate the feedback guys on ARES 1.x. I just got my second Axe-Fx III, so now I can do a true A/B of 2.x versus 3.x, this weekend will crack that and let you know if there is any universal adjustments that can be done. Eventually there will be a TonePack update but the consensus so far is the sounds still work well. You should be hearing mids/upper mids better in 3.x...

Luth2000

Hi Austin - I upgraded XL + to Quantum 11.0, and was going through some of the Dream rig Bass presets. The three Ampeg presets have problems: 4bass AMPEGSVT1, 2 & 3. All the other bass patches work fine. Did this occur when I upgraded to the beta firmware?
thanks, Luther

Luth2000

Hi Austin - I upgraded XL + to Quantum 11.0, and was going through some of the Dream rig Bass presets. The three Ampeg presets have problems: 4bass AMPEGSVT1, 2 & 3. All the other bass patches work fine. Did this occur when I upgraded to the beta firmware?
thanks, Luther
Played around more with these presets and the EJrhythum. It seems like just certain ones are amp level sensitive to my guitars and input level setting. All good when tweaking those amp outputs... Thx

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
thanks, Luther
You mean ARES 1 not Quantum 11? Cliff changed the Ampeg SVT amp Model in the latest.

We hope he puts it back in. We’ll see. You can turn down the amp level to stop clipping, but those sounds from first SV Bass model cannot be replicated on the replacment model.

There is a Wish List thread on the Axe-III with several of us asking him to please add it back in future firmware.

Luth2000

You mean ARES 1 not Quantum 11? Cliff changed the Ampeg SVT amp Model in the latest.

We hope he puts it back in. We’ll see. You can turn down the amp level to stop clipping, but those sounds from first SV Bass model cannot be replicated on the replacment model.

There is a Wish List thread on the Axe-III with several of us asking him to please add it back in future firmware.
Well I am confused about the Firmware number. When I downloaded and installed what I thought was the Ares 1 into my AxeFX XL+, the Axe Edit shows “Quantum 11.0”. Is that the Ares firmware, or has something gone wrong with the download link? (Or me?)

Top Bottom