• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

[AustinBuddy] 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack for Axe-Fx II Available NOW!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi everyone!

EDIT: As of 11-2019, The 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack has been fully updated for ARES 2.0 firmware compatibility for the Axe-Fx XL/XL+ and Mark II/Original. The latest versions are now available in the downloads area of your account on my website.

You can find more information about it here. There is also a six-part video of it (oriented to the AX8 but concepts applicable to the XL/XL+ or Axe-FX II) on my YouTube channel and my website.

We'll get some video reviews going, but needless to say, if you like your 700+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Axe-Fx, you will LOVE the Dream Rigs 1000+ Tonepack for the Axe-Fx! These were dialed in for LIVE playing mainly but can be used for recording too.

It was designed and dialed in on firmware Quantum 10.01 which is based on the famed ARES software used on the Axe-Fx III platform. Have noticed that the XL/XL+ and Axe-Fx version of identically set presets do sound better than the AX8 preset version, likely to due to increased processing power of the Axe-Fx.

I dialed most everything in on a single Atomic NEO CLR that sat 10-12 feet away turned up to 2:00 on both input and output. I wanted these presets to be things you or I could use on stage. I had a few beta team testers as well who likewise took them out to play loud in open spaces...

There are six banks of presets spanning most every amp model, with 112 presets per bank (and some empty work spaces for you in each bank). Most presets are specifically designed to have a humbucker or single coil setting (explained in the videos), plus one of the six banks is a "single coils only" bank.

Each amp has four presets: clean, low-gain, medium gain or rhythm, and hi-gain or lead. There is a modern metal bank that dispenses with the cleans in some cases. I had a metal-style guitar expert here in Austin help me dial some of those amps like the ENGL, Diezel VH4, 5150 and others using his detuned PRS guitar and it Djents -- and it kills.

There is an effects block library and effects assigned in each preset. There are 14 User Cabs included mostly from my own produced Cab Packs plus one mix IR from a RedWirez Big Box collection (that was also included in the 700+ Naked Amps Pack). The Axe-FX version contains a few more User Cab IRs.

Unlike the AX8 version that has pre-made foot switch assignments, Axe-FX II or XL or XL+ users will have to make your own foot controller assignments in your MFC 101 or other controller to take full advantage of the on-board boosts, Amp X/Y, PEQ or filters before amps to offer tonal variations, and effects blocks X/Y.

The concept here is to make it easier for you to audition and find your favorites clean sounds, low gain, rhythm, and high gain or lead tones to assemble your very own Dream Rig(s). Let me know what questions you have.

You'll enjoy this one!!

Last edited:

Rex

Legend!
If you’ve played with the AX8 version of the Dream Rigs pack, you know these are killer. If you’ve never played with the AX8 version... these are killer. :)

Luth2000

Austin - I recently bought the 700 pack (a few months ago), and then saw the 1000 Dream email this week. You boasted that the improvement of patches and sound were an upgrade. This morning I uploaded the Dream patches into Axe-Edit, and wow, these sound incredible! I started with the EJclean, EJrhythm, etc., then moved on to about 15 of your bonus patches. Almost everyone sounded great, played great, and inspired me to play for a long time.

For people like me who bought 700 recently, go for the Dream package. you won’t regret.

I do have a question - all the levels and performance were perfect except the EJrhythm preset. It was running at 86-88% CPU, and exhibiting frequent digital artifacts. Any suggestion on how to combat, tweak, with of course trying to maintain that sound!

Thanks,
Luther

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I do have a question - all the levels and performance were perfect except the EJrhythm preset. It was running at 86-88% CPU, and exhibiting frequent digital artifacts. Any suggestion on how to combat, tweak, with of course trying to maintain that sound!

Thanks,
Luther
Hmmm.. i am away from my machine today. Can post later with suggestion. Make sure the Cab Block is set to Normal (not ultra res) as one quick check, that will free up 3-4% CPU righ there. If there is any compressor or reverb block present turn those off...My guess is there are two drives in sequence and that uses a LOT if CPU.

Luth2000

Spent the day goin through more of this collection. Wow, the high gain bank is really good. Lots of character and unique sounds from all the amps represented (or at least the ones I went through). Satriani and EJ stuff is solid, Mesa boogies recto’s Will bring a smile to your face.And some of those other amps were a total surprise to me - I’m not a serious high gain player, but those immediate cutoff sounds are cool. This is such a quantum leap over the naked 700 series - my rig is singing with these presets.

I will add that I use a plug-in from Valhalla that pairs great with a lot of this stuff - It’s the Vintage Verb. For jazz, blues, almost anything, I keep sending it though this plug-in.

Luther

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Spent the day goin through more of this collection. Wow, the high gain bank is really good. Lots of character and unique sounds from all the amps represented (or at least the ones I went through). Satriani and EJ stuff is solid, Mesa boogies recto’s Will bring a smile to your face.And some of those other amps were a total surprise to me - I’m not a serious high gain player, but those immediate cutoff sounds are cool. This is such a quantum leap over the naked 700 series - my rig is singing with these presets.

I will add that I use a plug-in from Valhalla that pairs great with a lot of this stuff - It’s the Vintage Verb. For jazz, blues, almost anything, I keep sending it though this plug-in.

Luther
Awesome. I sometimes use an EMT 140 Plate in my UAudio console setup similarly as effects send -- sounds killer!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor

Thanks,
Luther
Luther -- good catch on CPU being high....I don't use my Axe-FX as an audio device and so any presets I made with CPU over 84% (only a handful) for people that do use it as audio device too can overload the CPU.

Here's a fix: On the EJ Dirty preset, change the REVERB Quality from HIGH to Normal first.

You can then either do one of the following, your choice/what sounds best to you:

1. loose the Compressor/delete it, OR

2. Test both flangers and keep the one you like, delete the other one, OR

3. Change the Cab from STEREO ULTRA-RES to just STEREO.

Thanks for calling to my attention. Frankly I'm happier with the EJ Clean and EJ Lead presets more than this EJ Dirty preset, which is based on a Steel String Singer, the amp tone with drive is close but still not perfect to my ears...

Top Bottom