Austin vs Fremen

rsvette12

Power User
Hi Guys wondering if any users have both the Fremen and Austin live gold presets - how do they compare - sorry for loaded question
Havent seen many vidoes on Austin stuff other than the great Zeppelin presets
Very impressed with Fremen presets he works very hard at what he does and it shows - thanks guys

I purchased Helix presets from him no doubt very talented - on my to buy list for sure - luv his work also

All three of the above mentioned make great sounds... you might wanna wait for the final Cygnus release and see what they all do about updating for firmware changes. Patches are going to sound significantly different in some cases.

I have both mentioned in the OP. AB's presets are amazing core tones for each amp. Light on effects. You can easily top up with your own. Fremen's are more elaborate with effects routing, synths etc. Both are great but IMO they offer pretty different things.

I've got all of Fremen's presets for the XL+. Works great for me straight out of the box. Very balanced and versatile.
Never tried Austin B, but many others and wasn't as lucky with those. I guess I have similar taste in guitar tone as Fremen since they fit my style so well?

I tried some Gold but seem lack luster - thinking its because Im listening with headphones at the moment - wondering if there is something I can tweak to make them sound more full with headphones - high quality phones and headphone being used

May be great for live well see when I hook them up but for now prefer headphones and daw operation

Yes they are super and hes uses different guitars to make presets which helps a lot, he does like Ibanez and thats what I use

Which is better for metal and high gain?
Freeman, but that Live Gold pack ain't no joke, I get a ton of Great tones with it all the time and enjoy playing it. Freeman has a good metal pack that packs a tight gated punch with good lead tones too, Love em both, Had the Mokes on my Helix and wasn't feeling it but thats a bad comparison lol

Helix whats that lol - the Fractal is AMAZING - I cant believe all the time I wasted on line6 stuff - adios - good bye - see yah - Fractal is beyond my wildest dreams - so happy can you tell

I tried some Gold but seem lack luster - thinking its because Im listening with headphones at the moment - wondering if there is something I can tweak to make them sound more full with headphones - high quality phones and headphone being used

May be great for live well see when I hook them up but for now prefer headphones and daw operation
The AB Live Gold is setup for playing at gig volume. Loud is where these presets live.

Back
Top Bottom