Austin Buddys Live Gold - Pack - Opinions, please ;-)

I just ordered this 2 days ago, immediately went to the Plexi 6CA7 preset as this is what I've been using for my dirt and lead sounds. This setting totally blew me away. So much better than what I had in my own preset. Gigged last night with it using the '59 Bassman model for clean and this for dirt/lead and great and cutting tone with my tele.

Now to explore the other sounds, though I don't know if I'll find better than these.

Those two presets/amp models along the RJM Archon and also in my "go-to's" right now. My P90 Les Paul loves that Bassman.

I just ordered this 2 days ago, immediately went to the Plexi 6CA7 preset as this is what I've been using for my dirt and lead sounds. This setting totally blew me away. So much better than what I had in my own preset. Gigged last night with it using the '59 Bassman model for clean and this for dirt/lead and great and cutting tone with my tele.

Now to explore the other sounds, though I don't know if I'll find better than these.
That's awesome hahaha I haven't even gotten that far as to try that amp yay I got more delving to do!!!!!!!

Does anyone use these as they are? I find them to be too "in your face," for lack of better description. Forgive my inexperience with them. No negativity intended. I should experiment with adding some effects first, but with this most helpful group, there is often a better solution than my own. Appreciate!

Does anyone use these as they are? I find them to be too "in your face," for lack of better description. Forgive my inexperience with them. No negativity intended. I should experiment with adding some effects first, but with this most helpful group, there is often a better solution than my own. Appreciate!
In the Box when recording, they are absolute Gold, just a tiny low cut and go, but Live, I do roll the volume back a tad on my guitar bcuz these are meant to be For loud live situations, so when I'm doing the loud thing, I use a little Verb and some Delay and gotta say they sound Good to me with my setup, what Cab are you running ?

In the Box when recording, they are absolute Gold, just a tiny low cut and go, but Live, I do roll the volume back a tad on my guitar bcuz these are meant to be For loud live situations, so when I'm doing the loud thing, I use a little Verb and some Delay and gotta say they sound Good to me with my setup, what Cab are you running ?
QSC K10's, PRS 408 (That Les Paul Custom pic is over 40 years old.). :)

Personally, I wish the factory presets were more "in your face".

I use QSC K10's and run tracks through them too. I have to experiment more with them.

I monitor with Adam 7's while tracking guitars and they sound really good while doing that but QSC 10's must be awesome, or is that just your play back and using headphones for tracking?

I monitor with Adam 7's while tracking guitars and they sound really good while doing that but QSC 10's must be awesome, or is that just your play back and using headphones for tracking?
With Axe II XL, I run tracks and Axe through a QSC Toucmix 8 out to the K 10's. Very nice rig - BUT in moving to the FM3, I am trying to significantly lighten the load - Instead of rack (with II XL, CD player, power conditioner and mixer), 2 k 10's (30 lbs.ea.) and MFC 101, I am aiming at FM3, Headrush 108's (less than 20 lbs and arriving soon to test), and either laptop or iPad for tracks that will ru through FM3. I often use headphones while practicing too.

With Axe II XL, I run tracks and Axe through a QSC Toucmix 8 out to the K 10's. Very nice rig - BUT in moving to the FM3, I am trying to significantly lighten the load - Instead of rack (with II XL, CD player, power conditioner and mixer), 2 k 10's (30 lbs.ea.) and MFC 101, I am aiming at FM3, Headrush 108's (less than 20 lbs and arriving soon to test), and either laptop or iPad for tracks that will ru through FM3. I often use headphones while practicing too.
Thats some high level shit thereo_O and always dreamed of getting a rig like that, but gotta be happy with what I have, I just sold my Headrush 12 Frfr and liked it fine It just didn't sound as good as my QSC K.2 10's I had so waiting for CLR or going back to QSC

Updated banks 1 (Marshall’s) and 2 (Fenders, Class A, boutiques) are now available for download; bank 3 update coming in July

Last edited:
AustinBuddys FM 3 Live Gold is all I use. They keep my tweaking to an absolute minimum..... so more time actually playing. I have no stock default presets. None. Just ABs Cygnus Live Gold.

One thing you can do to soften the presets is use the Speaker Compression. I personally like to feel an immediate response under my fingers on the strings, so I set it to zero (not active).

Some people don't like that immediacy, if you don't, just dial up the speaker compression, and that will soften the attack and reduce the volume a little too. See if that helps.

One thing you can do to soften the presets is use the Speaker Compression. I personally like to feel an immediate response under my fingers on the strings, so I set it to zero (not active).

Some people don't like that immediacy, if you don't, just dial up the speaker compression, and that will soften the attack and reduce the volume a little too. See if that helps.
I recognized this immediate response of your presets when I compared it with Fremens presets. They feel very compressed and I prefer your presets a lot as it feels more like"the real thing" 😎
But I must say that Fremens preset of "Wicked Game" was worth the money of the whole pack 🙂

I recognized this immediate response of your presets when I compared it with Fremens presets. They feel very compressed and I prefer your presets a lot as it feels more like"the real thing" 😎
But I must say that Fremens preset of "Wicked Game" was worth the money of the whole pack 🙂
Fremen is my friend and he does excellent presets! I'm a bit more of a vintage and classic rock guy, he's more modern tones. Go look up his Mauritian Pink Floyd band tribute videos on YouTube sometimes, they are glorious, he's a stellar player.

Fremen is my friend and he does excellent presets! I'm a bit more of a vintage and classic rock guy, he's more modern tones. Go look up his Mauritian Pink Floyd band tribute videos on YouTube sometimes, they are glorious, he's a stellar player.
I like the sound of his presets, too. But I prefer your presets in terms of pickung dynamics and immediate response. I will look up his Mauritian Pink Floyd band tribute on YouTube this evening, thanks for giving the advice 🙂

Back
Top Bottom