Austin Buddys Live Gold - Pack - Opinions, please ;-)

I tried today my “dream rig” on our rehearsal room.

Clean: dumble
Low: vox
Rhythm: trainwreck
Lead: Soldano

At the mid of the rehearsal my footswitches stopped working and ruined the session.

But it was the first time I went direct to the mixer and from there to pa. Not only the patches sounded AMAZING but the fm3 delivered a great feel and was a pleasure to play. Never had this experience going direct with no amp. In ears as usual was not as enjoyable, but the tone... oh man the tone... only adjust was a little eq using a filter block (low and high cut and a bit of middle reinforcement) but tbh not sure it was necessary. The damn foot switch malfunction didn’t let me try the patches as I would liked.

And the truth is that I just put together that dream rig to try the block library and channel copying functions as AB showed on the video... I had never used them and they’re super helpful. Is there a way to recall block
Library from the unit or only on Edit?

I will continue auditioning the patches and I’m sure this dream rig is gonna be even better. Truth is that all the patches are good and make it very hard to decide which one to favor.

Great job AB!!!

The manual and my video cover this. There is a Hardware switchable global external 1 “initial value” setting that defaults to zero. So no pedal present, or one toe up, will turn the wah on.
Just change that initial value once from 0 to a new value of 100%z Problem solved if you have no pedal attached.
Thanks for the advice 🙂

I tried today my “dream rig” on our rehearsal room.

Clean: dumble
Low: vox
Rhythm: trainwreck
Lead: Soldano

At the mid of the rehearsal my footswitches stopped working and ruined the session.

But it was the first time I went direct to the mixer and from there to pa. Not only the patches sounded AMAZING but the fm3 delivered a great feel and was a pleasure to play. Never had this experience going direct with no amp. In ears as usual was not as enjoyable, but the tone... oh man the tone... only adjust was a little eq using a filter block (low and high cut and a bit of middle reinforcement) but tbh not sure it was necessary. The damn foot switch malfunction didn’t let me try the patches as I would liked.

And the truth is that I just put together that dream rig to try the block library and channel copying functions as AB showed on the video... I had never used them and they’re super helpful. Is there a way to recall block
Library from the unit or only on Edit?

I will continue auditioning the patches and I’m sure this dream rig is gonna be even better. Truth is that all the patches are good and make it very hard to decide which one to favor.

Great job AB!!!
Which model of the Dumble did you use for channel 1?

Which model of the Dumble did you use for channel 1?

I’m not very sure but I think it was “cleanish” from the rford ods100

I had to adjust level on that one. I find that all the clean tones are very low in volume... the “level” with the cs2, but I like the cleans at similar volume to the other scenes without boost. That’s one of my recommendation for the pack. @ab any reason why the cleans are so low volume?

I had to adjust level on that one. I find that all the clean tones are very low in volume... the “level” with the cs2, but I like the cleans at similar volume to the other scenes without boost. That’s one of my recommendation for the pack. @ab any reason why the cleans are so low volume?
Thanks, I like that model, too. It is a favorite since I played it on the AX 8 😊

Cleans respond differently to you whacking the guitar hard than gains do. A clean set too high can spike and clip. Something about transients and dynamics.

A humbucker bridge clean can look low/sound lower volume while the neck pickup with the added bass can be too high - so leveling is a compromise often.

Some amps are more sensitive to clean dynamics than others, like Tweed Princeton or Shiva Clean. But I did set the cleans on the same “digital console” Universal Audio meter line/level as the other scenes 2&3. So it may not sound as loud - but on a meter or in a DAW they are about the same.

Just add a boost in front (the MicroBoost in drive A) especially for single coils, or try the filter boost in scenes 1-4 which is 3.5db.

Also, the leads (scene 4) will look on a meter and sound slightly louder too, But that is because, unlike Scenes 1-3, I do not level leads with chords, I level them playing notes around the 10th fret.

So a low E will be louder in Scene 4 than Scenes 2 and 3, but the notes played on 10th fret still hit an average -12db -- which is what you want here. Hope that helps explain the approach. In the video I cover the preset Output1 (and 2)'s scene mixer page, where you can make small adjustments at the end of the preset to individual Scenes in volume up or down to suit your needs.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the opinions and shared thoughts about the AB packs in general and especially the new tonepack for the FM 3.
The free SRVs was a good proof for all the kind words about ABs work 😎👌

Now I am ready to pull the trigger as a great unit like the FM 3 is worth it to provide it with the best presets possible and thank you, Austin Buddy, for doing this work for such a reasonable price 😊👌
Time flies while editing in FM 3 and I am glad to have more time to be creative. I spended enough time to get my two button footswitch working the right way (one for amp boost/saturation switch and one for drive pedal) and I tried it with the manual first 😀
It is noon here in Germany and although the weather is great I cannot wait to get my son to bed at the end of the day and to try out these presets 😇😀🤩

Have a nice sunday and stay healthy, better times will come 🙂

Last edited:
I prefer to audition using the preset browser. When I find one that I want use, I save it to an empty slot or overwite a factory slot that I don't use. Thus keep the factory and AB presets that I like/use the most.

I just purchased the Live Gold pack but I think I may have an issue with something in my FM3 settings. I’m using iLoud Micro Monitors and the factory presets sound awesome, however when I use the AB tones something sounds off, almost not a flat response anymore, but it’s difficult to describe. I changed the I/O output to the 4dbu. I’m not sure if this is just due to the monitors I’m using and maybe I need something better, but has anyone else faced something similar?

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this based on all the positive noise. $85 is a lot of coin to swallow for presets, though.

I do agree that the stock presets have never been astounding. That's my own subjective opinion, and I know a lot of people don't think that's true. For me, they have too much bass, and also tend to be over produced.

When I pull up a preset, I look for really usable sounds that don't sound like something off an Eno record. In Cliff's defense, the other Modelers have this problem, too.

I just purchased the Live Gold pack but I think I may have an issue with something in my FM3 settings. I’m using iLoud Micro Monitors and the factory presets sound awesome, however when I use the AB tones something sounds off, almost not a flat response anymore, but it’s difficult to describe. I changed the I/O output to the 4dbu. I’m not sure if this is just due to the monitors I’m using and maybe I need something better, but has anyone else faced something similar?
make sure you read through all the notes and don't have the always on wah issue....

I`m still on the Wait List. aaarrrggghhh But I`ll be getting AustinBuddys FM3 Pack soon. For myself, I really dig how AustinBuddy did this Pack at pretty much Gig Volume...... for FRFR. Imho, a bunch of stock default Ambient delay ridden presets are useless for me. I have watched so many vid demos now with delay over delay etc, I was getting turned off from getting the FM3. Really hoping the meat and potatoes of AustinBuddys FM3 Pack saves the day for me.

Back
Top Bottom