Austin Buddys Live Gold - Pack - Opinions, please ;-)

@MrCrossroads83 No, All the best pre sets are free period. Find Lon Todd's (@2112) IR's and pre sets and start from there. The IR makes ALL the difference as you sample through different IR's you will hear tones go from really unusable to WOW!

A final word about large packs only without the ability to sample one -seriously? I don't doubt he put many hours in making them, but to blindly spend 100$ when you cannot buy one to sample it.?? Keep in mind these units sound killer recorded so it's really easy to make a pre set sound impressive with a slick backing track or on its own, then you get it loaded in your rig and at band volume in the room they don't work.

I've been using FAS products since 2011 and as stated above the best pre sets to use are shared for free!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...srv-1x15-vibroverb-sound-with-effects.162899/

OK, spent another afternoon working on my setup and the AB pack. It is killer! I use to own a Twin Reverb and sold it for obvious reasons, my back! The Twin preset and my Strat kill it! I could gig with just that one amp! AB has a special sauce in his CS2, that sizzle and just the right amount of sauce to bring you out front! I love it. I ended up setting up four presets, two for my Strat and two for my LP! I'm also using the OMG9 layout and am in love with the FM3! Gigging next weekend for the first time since the lockdown and I'm really stoked to air this rig out! Game on!

Last edited:
OK, spent another afternoon working on my setup and the AB pack. It is killer! I use to own a Twin Reverb and sold it for obvious reasons, my back! The Twin preset and my Strat kill it! I could gig with just that one amp! AB has a special sauce in his CS2, that sizzle and just the right amount of sauce to bring you out front! I love it. I ended up setting up for presets, two for my Strat and two for my LP! I'm also using the OMG9 layout and am in love with the FM3! Gigging next weekend for the first time since the lockdown and I'm really stoked to air this rig out! Game on!
What does CS2 mean?

Very interesting to read different opinions about the AB pack here...
I do not think that all of the factory presets are bad because I liked the ones of the AX 8 and the only preset I ever installed was a kind of Dumble Steel Stringer preset based on the SVT bass amp model. That was really great after dialing back the low end a bit.
Today I will get my FM 3 after work and tomorrow I will try it out in our rehearsal room and studio to find it if the factory presets will work for me.
With the AX 8s factory presets I had no problems with getting a good sound with my band and I played a 1x12 bassbreaker style cabinet....a lot of people thought that I would play a Marshall Bluesbreaker combo because of the sound and pressure

Please do yourself a huge favor and read the manual. At bare minimum, you will recognize this terminology used in the forum, and be able to go back to the manual to figure out what it means. More importantly, you will get much better enjoyment from the FM3 when you know how to use it.
always a good idea, but not necessarily easy for many FAS users to whom English is not the first language...............

Please do yourself a huge favor and read the manual. At bare minimum, you will recognize this terminology used in the forum, and be able to go back to the manual to figure out what it means. More importantly, you will get much better enjoyment from the FM3 when you know how to use it.
The sentence: "AB has a special sauce in his CS2". Nothing about that is going to get me diving into the manual :)

The sentence: "AB has a special sauce in his CS2". Nothing about that is going to get me diving into the manual :)

it refers to an amp boost that AB (austin buddy) has incorporated to the custom switch 2 (cs2) on his presets... you can disable that and do it manually (you will see it on the "ideal" amp settings

hope I was clear... my english is getting bad man!!!

Fractal's factory presets are pretty bad. That's been true since Axe-Fx Standard/Ultra days.
I have to disagree. I’ve been a user since 2012.
These presets are very good and EXTREMELY helpful.
They provide a VAST array of concepts for preset building. Because of the many ways to use the Axe all of the presets styles and purposes within may not be obvious to everyone who plugs in. I always keep the factory presets up to date and on my laptop. They are a valuable resource. I reference them often when I have a sound in my head that I’m looking for or one that I have to create. Often the answer I’m looking for is somewhere already done within a factory preset.

Last edited:
Good evening everybody,

in two or three days I will finally get my FM 3 (without HP out, but I don`t care anymore ;-)
and I saw the new Live Gold-Pack from Austin Buddy:

I heard of the Naked Amps pack, too and I wonder if these packs are worth the money or not.
It would be good to hear opinions of people who purchased one or more packs from him :)

Greetings from Germany and have a nice evening :)

Great sounding presets with a solid system layout. Worth every penny.

Im assuming this pack would be good for home use?

*asking for a friend 😁

Yup, absolutely! I feel that having someone help select a good IR for each amp is worth it alone, not to mention that everything is consistently leveled and there's a consistent, thought out system across presets. It helps a ton when you just want to see how a different amp sounds and the presets already sound great by even if you aren't playing loud. I'll eventually do some slight tweaking to my favorite tones so they match my home setup better. It's also very nice to know I can default back to the original settings for whenever I'm able to play live again.

For the OMG9 users, I replaced the looper selection to open AB's amp controls layout on the FC6. Any thoughts on what you'd put in the extra row for the FC6? I'm thinking of splitting the tap/hold functions or setting one switch to a dedicated tap tempo

Back
Top Bottom