Austin Buddy's 200 Bass Tone Pack

Austin has totally nailed these presets for the bass. He has successfully managed to turn a AX8 into a very hi-end bass amplifier (whether played with fingers or a pick). These presets sound incredible through my Atomic CLR II (whether cranked up loud or at a low level or subsonic or trebly). Austin and the bass player Scott Nelson, who worked with him, undoubtedly have put in considerable time and effort programming these presets to get them right. I am very grateful to them for their collaboration delivering a A+++ bass product. I highly recommend these presets for bass with the AX8 - regardless of what bass you have. I have tried the presets with a Fender Precision USA performer series and a Rickenbacker 4001. Both sounded amazing. It is a very versatile pack for all genres - heavy metal, rock, jazz, reggae, country, alternative, etc.

I just ordered my FM3 and also bought the Austin Buddy Bass Pack. Looking forward to trying them out. Now the waiting begins.......

I just wanted to chime in here to say AustinBuddy's new Bass Tonepack updated for FM3/AxeFX III is pretty darn cool. Dialed in amp/cabs, plus an array of "Artist" presets that will help you zone in on particular sounds you might be looking for. This would be ideal for both cover gigs AND studio recording when you just want that something ... maybe it's Carol Kaye, or maybe it's RATM, or somewhere in between. The way the presets and scenes are arranged makes it super easy.

Well I've had my FM3 for almost 24hrs. :D Last night I played around with different guitar presets. Some pretty good stuff. I installed AB bass pack this afternoon. I could instantly find useable gig-worthy tones. Some seemed pretty dark to me (I like a Dug Pinnick sort of tone) and my bass was a little hot so I had to roll back the volume on my bass a bit. I will assume both of these are due to the active electronics on my Spector. It was almost worth the cost just to see how AB put together his presets. I've already found a few that with just a slight bit of tweaking will be perfect for some of the different genres I play. So for the cost of a cheap pedal I will say, AB's bass pack is a very worthwhile investment.👍

Yup - they nailed it didn't they!
Thansk
Pauly

Austin has totally nailed these presets for the bass. He has successfully managed to turn a AX8 into a very hi-end bass amplifier (whether played with fingers or a pick). These presets sound incredible through my Atomic CLR II (whether cranked up loud or at a low level or subsonic or trebly). Austin and the bass player Scott Nelson, who worked with him, undoubtedly have put in considerable time and effort programming these presets to get them right. I am very grateful to them for their collaboration delivering a A+++ bass product. I highly recommend these presets for bass with the AX8 - regardless of what bass you have. I have tried the presets with a Fender Precision USA performer series and a Rickenbacker 4001. Both sounded amazing. It is a very versatile pack for all genres - heavy metal, rock, jazz, reggae, country, alternative, etc.

I got the AB 200 bass tone pack yesterday, and am loving the presets. It felt great playing live through them, and when I grabbed some old tracks from one of my former bands to re-amp, I was really impressed with how well some of the tones sat in the mix with no tweaking. Several fellow fat stringers have noticed the Axe is a little light on quality bass presets, so for about $80 you'll get loads of useful sounds and really well-thought out templates for building your own tones.

AB even went the extra mile to make a 5-part video tutorial series in which he explains the thought process behind the preset designs and offers other useful insights.

This is the most comprehensive and best tone pack out there. It's an absolute must have for bassists using a Fractal Audio FM3 or Axe FX III. I'm finally able to get that signature tone I've been after with my Spector basses and happy to help share some tips with others from things I've learned along the way. My favorite so far is the Mesa Boogie 2 on the 4th scene. That drive really brings out that Spector growl.

Have to give some love to AB on the bass side. I held off purchasing the bass pack for too long. I finally did and once I plugged my Lakland into the SVT picked patch. I stopped thinking about my bass tones. I can get any sound I need with this patch. I still have my JB and Pb to dial in but I’m sure that I can find something very quickly. If you have an FM 3, FM 9 or Axe Fx and a bass this will be the best money you ever spend!

This is the most comprehensive and best tone pack out there. It's an absolute must have for bassists using a Fractal Audio FM3 or Axe FX III. I'm finally able to get that signature tone I've been after with my Spector basses and happy to help share some tips with others from things I've learned along the way. My favorite so far is the Mesa Boogie 2 on the 4th scene. That drive really brings out that Spector growl.
try using the fat switch on the MB Presets, really adds a new dimension. I usually use the MB1 over MB2 though

AustinBuddy website for the Bass Tone Pack says that it's designed to run on firmware version 19.08. Will it work with current version, 21?

Kind of sorry to even have to ask this but I have never purchased any tone packs, so I lack the experience to understand if the tone pack and v21 will play well together / be compatible.

AustinBuddy website for the Bass Tone Pack says that it's designed to run on firmware version 19.08. Will it work with current version, 21?

Kind of sorry to even have to ask this but I have never purchased any tone packs, so I lack the experience to understand if the tone pack and v21 will play well together / be compatible.
I'm not AustinBuddy, but ...

I have the AB bass pack and it's working great on v21 for me.

I'm not AustinBuddy, but ...

I have the AB bass pack and it's working great on v21 for me.

Thank you for sharing this info.

I actually reached out to AB as well earlier today. Being that it's Sunday, I didn't expect a reply today. However, I did get one a few hours after making my post to this forum.

AB says that the tone pack will work fine with 20.04 but not the new one and has to be adjusted for next year update.

That said, it's good to know that it's actually working well with v21. Definitely seems a long time to wait, so maybe I'll pick it up anyway and start to familiarize myself with it and enjoy what it has to offer. Thanks 😁

Just want to +1 the AustinBuddy 200 Bass pack. It’s incredible.

I really really hope they add more bass amps in Fractal, but for the time being, AustinBuddy has done that for us. Super grateful!

Just want to +1 the AustinBuddy 200 Bass pack. It’s incredible.

I really really hope they add more bass amps in Fractal, but for the time being, AustinBuddy has done that for us. Super grateful!
Same here - Austn's bass pack is great value.

Back
Top Bottom