• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Austin Buddy's 200 Bass Tone Pack

Austin has totally nailed these presets for the bass. He has successfully managed to turn a AX8 into a very hi-end bass amplifier (whether played with fingers or a pick). These presets sound incredible through my Atomic CLR II (whether cranked up loud or at a low level or subsonic or trebly). Austin and the bass player Scott Nelson, who worked with him, undoubtedly have put in considerable time and effort programming these presets to get them right. I am very grateful to them for their collaboration delivering a A+++ bass product. I highly recommend these presets for bass with the AX8 - regardless of what bass you have. I have tried the presets with a Fender Precision USA performer series and a Rickenbacker 4001. Both sounded amazing. It is a very versatile pack for all genres - heavy metal, rock, jazz, reggae, country, alternative, etc.

cableguy

Inspired
I just ordered my FM3 and also bought the Austin Buddy Bass Pack. Looking forward to trying them out. Now the waiting begins.......

LizzyD

I just wanted to chime in here to say AustinBuddy's new Bass Tonepack updated for FM3/AxeFX III is pretty darn cool. Dialed in amp/cabs, plus an array of "Artist" presets that will help you zone in on particular sounds you might be looking for. This would be ideal for both cover gigs AND studio recording when you just want that something ... maybe it's Carol Kaye, or maybe it's RATM, or somewhere in between. The way the presets and scenes are arranged makes it super easy.

cableguy

Inspired
Well I've had my FM3 for almost 24hrs. :D Last night I played around with different guitar presets. Some pretty good stuff. I installed AB bass pack this afternoon. I could instantly find useable gig-worthy tones. Some seemed pretty dark to me (I like a Dug Pinnick sort of tone) and my bass was a little hot so I had to roll back the volume on my bass a bit. I will assume both of these are due to the active electronics on my Spector. It was almost worth the cost just to see how AB put together his presets. I've already found a few that with just a slight bit of tweaking will be perfect for some of the different genres I play. So for the cost of a cheap pedal I will say, AB's bass pack is a very worthwhile investment.👍

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Yup - they nailed it didn't they!
Thansk
Pauly

Austin has totally nailed these presets for the bass. He has successfully managed to turn a AX8 into a very hi-end bass amplifier (whether played with fingers or a pick). These presets sound incredible through my Atomic CLR II (whether cranked up loud or at a low level or subsonic or trebly). Austin and the bass player Scott Nelson, who worked with him, undoubtedly have put in considerable time and effort programming these presets to get them right. I am very grateful to them for their collaboration delivering a A+++ bass product. I highly recommend these presets for bass with the AX8 - regardless of what bass you have. I have tried the presets with a Fender Precision USA performer series and a Rickenbacker 4001. Both sounded amazing. It is a very versatile pack for all genres - heavy metal, rock, jazz, reggae, country, alternative, etc.

Top Bottom