Austin buddy

I purchased them a week ago. For me they are good starting points. Again, for me they were far from stage ready. They required a fair amount of low cut and a few other things to be mix ready. YMMV You can’t really beat creating your own patches IMO.

Anyone had any experience with Austin Buddy

He's a good guy, and not the type of person who will leave you standing in a Guitar Center parking lot with an effects rack and wireless unit, waiting for over an hour on a buyer who doesn't show up as agreed, and who doesn't even have the courtesy to return a phone call or email message afterwards....

Then again, who would do a thing like that, right ?

amazing base presets with great output chipping levels. they sound fantastic and are presets where you can test the amps in the axe fx, and from there add your own effects to them for creation of your own personal setups. They are an essential buy for the axe unit

amazing base presets with great output chipping levels. they sound fantastic and are presets where you can test the amps in the axe fx, and from there add your own effects to them for creation of your own personal setups. They are an essential buy for the axe unit
What he said.

....and I do have experience with Austin Buddy... we attended Dweezil ‘s music camp and hung out with him at a AxeFx tweak session... he’s cool

Austin Buddy is as good a guy as there gets. Long time Fractal User and beta tester with am invaluable nack for dialing in base presets with appropriate amp and cab combos etc.

Both the purest package and creator are top notch!!!! You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
If I had his product 3 years ago I probably would not have purchased so many ir’s. If anything I’d buy his pack before any ir’s if that makes sense .

I purchased them a week ago. For me they are good starting points. Again, for me they were far from stage ready. They required a fair amount of low cut and a few other things to be mix ready. YMMV You can’t really beat creating your own patches IMO.

This is a fair comment.

For the presets, in the Cab block I deliberately kept low cut at about 40hz but in reality you can chop 100hz off anything guitar-related and chop off anything above 7 to 8K too - even for metal - for live use.

I would do that, but had to make allowances for a wide variety of folks, including those using real cabs on stage as well as PAs and monitors. The trick is 100 people , 100 different playback systems.

The last mile is always up to the end user, their guitars (and pickups), how they play, and the playback system.

But the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack sure work for most folks: just ready the threads about the Tonepack from users. I use them to gig, and I can dial out everything under 100K using Global EQ if need to.

AustinBuddy's presets sound awesome!

On a side note, there isn't a way to add a volume pedal to every preset is there? That's normally the first thing I do to all my patches. I add it as the last 'effect'. Is there an easier way?

Back
Top Bottom