Austin Buddy / York Audio Collaboration?

I know Justin and love York Audio’s work on Cab IRs. I don’t think I could add much to what he is already doing. What did you guys have in mind exactly?!?

I was thinking a handful of presets per cab pack with your favorite tones utilizing each of his releases would be fun :) We'd buy the presets from your site and the cab packs from his site.

I was thinking a handful of presets per cab pack with your favorite tones utilizing each of his releases would be fun :) We'd buy the presets from your site and the cab packs from his site.
But can’t you just do that already now? Just try out his IRs with the amps they go with?

I thought about this a little more, we can do that now by buying the York Audio and Austin Buddy then there is all of both, presets and IR's. Plus I couldnt see Austin Buddy doing presets that dont mainly utilise the stock IR's, which are great as well. Just some thoughts.

I thought about this a little more, we can do that now by buying the York Audio and Austin Buddy then there is all of both, presets and IR's. Plus I couldnt see Austin Buddy doing presets that dont mainly utilise the stock IR's, which are great as well. Just some thoughts.
Agree Anthony. I am trying to make the presets "Plug and play" and easy as possible to use, without needing to load User Cab IRs (like Dream Rigs required). If half of the presest point to USER presets that require buying several York Audio Cab Packs to sue the preset, people probably would not be pleased. But if Justin wanted to cobble together some "best of" IRs that would work with existing presets as a "suggested alternative TonePack Cab IRs" to try with certain Live Gold presets, I can see the value in that, but I suspect both he and I have limited bandwidth to actually do something like that collaboratively these days.

Agree Anthony. I am trying to make the presets "Plug and play" and easy as possible to use, without needing to load User Cab IRs (like Dream Rigs required). If half of the presest point to USER presets that require buying several York Audio Cab Packs to sue the preset, people probably would not be pleased. But if Justin wanted to cobble together some "best of" IRs that would work with existing presets as a "suggested alternative TonePack Cab IRs" to try with certain Live Gold presets, I can see the value in that, but I suspect both he and I have limited bandwidth to actually do something like that collaboratively these days.

Realize both of you are pretty busy and being an entreprenuer myself, I know that setting up relationships with partners is always a challenge under the best of circumstances. But, here is food for though if you guys were ever decide to pursue it.
My suggestion would be a 20-pack of presets featuring a pack of 4 or 5 IRs. Then issue it all as a stand-alone bundle with some creative marketing verbiage. "Special Edition, yada yada....Figure out what each of you need to be whole on a per bundle basis and price it accordingly.

See how simple it is on the internet. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom