AUSTIN BUDDY verses MY PATCH sounds different. Can't figure out why.

So i have been working on an AUSTIN BUDDY LIVE GOLD TONEPACK patch.
I've copied his BLOCKS into my Layout (standard i use for almost every patch i have) however they both sound different ....in attack, volume and feel. (although minimal, i still like and want the attack, volume and feel of the AUSTIN BUDDY patch.)

I can't for the life of me figure out why.
Here are the 2 patches (the 2" pete" one is mine)

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Peter

So i have been working on an AUSTIN BUDDY LIVE GOLD TONEPACK patch.
I've copied his BLOCKS into my Layout (standard i use for almost every patch i have) however they both sound different ....in attack, volume and feel. (although minimal, i still like and want the attack, volume and feel of the AUSTIN BUDDY patch.)

I can't for the life of me figure out why.
Here are the 2 patches (the 2" pete" one is mine)

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Peter
The only meaningful differences I can see between the two are the way you have your reverb set up in parallel with dry and with different mix/level settings, and that your return block is set to 0dB while the other is set to +1dB. Either may result in the slight difference you are perceiving. Hopefully that gets you up and running without having to wait for US daytime....

MODS: I downloaded the presets, examined them looking for differences in areas that might account for the difference in sound, deleted the presets, and then posted this. I hope that's ok. :)

In situations like this you have to narrow down the possibilities by methodically removing one element at a time from both patches and listening for the difference between each change. When you don't hear the difference, add the last change back in and look more closely at that element. There IS a difference somewhere - it's not magic

Could it simply be the output volume? My ears have played tricks on me many times when the volumes were different.

Back
Top Bottom