Austin Buddy preset packs

I've heard a lot of good things about the Austin Buddy presets and would like to try one or two.

On the website I only see the large Tonepacks ($99.00)

Maybe I'm overlooking it, but are there any small preset packs for sale to try first?

Thanks!

I've heard a lot of good things about the Austin Buddy presets and would like to try one or two.

Maybe I'm overlooking it, but are there any small preset packs for sale to try first?

Thanks!
Check Fractal Exchange and do a search on Austin Buddy. I'm not able to check myself right now, but I do remember that he's posted presets here before. Just remember that posted presets have been created on a variety of firmware revisions. The firmware revision should be listed with the preset. If the firmware is a different version than what you have installed then there is no guarantee that the preset will sound as intended by the preset creator. The tone of the preset is also impacted by the guitar that you use, so if you're using a 70s Thinline Tele and Austin Buddy is using a 50s Tele, then the sound will also be different.

I purchased the Austin Buddy Naked Amps Tone Pack and it is a great resource for learning about preset design. I've typically done tweaks to refine them for my guitars and my sound, but I have learned a lot from how Austin Buddy puts his presets together. I've found that it has been an excellent investment.

FWIW, I bought the Live Gold pack a little over a month ago to use with my FM3 (and hopefully soon my FM9) and I really like the presets! It's easy to take the presets and tweak them for your own usage, the tones are excellent in all the ones I have played with so far, which is maybe 10% of what is in there. I've made some very usable preset from those in the pack. I spend more time playing and less time tweaking, which is why I purchased the pack for in the first place.

FWIW, I bought the Live Gold pack a little over a month ago to use with my FM3 (and hopefully soon my FM9) and I really like the presets! It's easy to take the presets and tweak them for your own usage, the tones are excellent in all the ones I have played with so far, which is maybe 10% of what is in there. I've made some very usable preset from those in the pack. I spend more time playing and less time tweaking, which is why I purchased the pack for in the first place.
Hi where did you buy the live gold pack for FM3? I don't see on fractals website_ thanks

His preset packs are excellent. Having spent time in the other modelers’ world, and bought presets there, I wasn't sure what to expect with one of the Austin Buddy packs, but I was happy with the sound, and the depth of features his presets exhibit. If nothing else, they're a class on using the Fractal devices once you start snooping inside the preset.

Having watched his interaction with the community, his support is excellent. He's always working on the packs to keep them up to date and sounding their best with the firmware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom