Austin Buddy Looks Good, But What Else Do You Recommend?

Thanks for the generous help everyone. I went ahead and sold my AxeFX II XL+ in order to fund an AX8. I don't need all the features and processing power, and it's more useful for my needs to have a foot controller built in. Once I can get my hands on one, I'm going to get the Austin Buddy Tone Pack. I like what I've heard of it so far and it seems like the right product to get started with.

This post I made 20 months ago needs to be updated...

Make sure you check out Brett Kingman (Burg's) presets and Leon Todd's presets on Axe-Change - all free. Great stuff.

The 700+ Naked Amps is no longer available and has been replaced by the 1000+ Dream Rigs for Ax8, Axe-Fx XL, XL+ and Axe-Fx Mark II/Original. The only Naked Amps Tonepack is now the 1400+ Naked Amps for the Axe-Fx III. Fremen and Moke and others still make great presets as well.

free . Enjoy.

Attachments

• HETFIELD-USA IIC++- RODO-29 agosto bundlee.syx
    48.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Nothing Else Matters Clean - rodo.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
This post I made 20 months ago needs to be updated...

Make sure you check out Brett Kingman (Burg's) presets and Leon Todd's presets on Axe-Change - all free. Great stuff.

The 700+ Naked Amps is no longer available and has been replaced by the 1000+ Dream Rigs for Ax8, Axe-Fx XL, XL+ and Axe-Fx Mark II/Original. The only Naked Amps Tonepack is now the 1400+ Naked Amps for the Axe-Fx III. Fremen and Moke and others still make great presets as well.
I love Austin Buddy’s work. But if purely metal, I would see how far you can get with free presets first, a lot of learning can be fast tracked there.

I agree you should look into @2112 and @Burgs as a start point.

Back
Top Bottom