FM9 Austin Buddy Live Gold Marshall tones vid

Awesome info! I am very visual and this is such a critical topic, if you could do a short vid or a quick screen shot of what your describing would be immensely helpful!!!

Nothing worse than your tone being dialed in, then getting to a venue to have your heart sink when you hear the tone sound like crap in the house.

To clarify this only effects the pa and Not my tone I dialed for the FRFR's?

Thanks for any clarification when you get time!! :)
@cragginshred - No time to do a video before 2022, but this should help.

Start with something like this (below) as a GLOBAL Output EQ2 (go to software editor SETUP button to access this stuff)

You have to use SET>CONFIG > Output 2 to be a Parametric type first. Then go tot Global Out EQ2 tab and make a curve like the below.

Next, on a PA, play with the Frequency 4 (cut or boost) and 5 settings (cut and lower for top end out). You have tailor this to any speaker or PA you are sending out to, since they are all different. But thanks to Fractal Audio's ingenuity, now you have a tool to do it both fast and globally!

IMHO, this is basically what a FOH guy would do to a mic'd amp coming into the main board - cut out lows and highs, touch up mids, to sit guitar best in full band mix.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.06.23 PM.png

What's nice is it is GLOBAL and you can tweak from Venue to Venue in one place while leaving all your underlying presets alone.

I use this curve type with my Mission Gemini Studio 2 FRFR 2X12 stage cab. That FRFR has much more bottom and top end than the Atomic CLRs (they cut off at 70Hz) and less mids, so this PEQ curve fixes that. I'll actually cut that Frequency 5 as low as even 3.3kHz to smooth out the top, depending on what i hear through PA/monitor

Remember: Guitar "meat"/bottom/body is all 200Hz to 500Hz. Go much under that you start to compete with Bass Player and it gets muddy.

Guitar "definition" is frequencies above 500Hz, with "bite/presence at around 2.2kHz"

Unlike PAs, very few real guitar speakers put out any signal above 6.5kHz. You really can cut down to as low as 3.5kHz and not lose much, in a band mix, of what you are playing. I usually cut everything in the speaker cab under 8kHz or so too.

Hope you find a formula that works for you amigo!

Back
Top Bottom