Austin Buddy Fm9

Peplogic

Greetings. @austinbuddy Love....love.....love your presets. I have loaded up on the fm3. As I think about transitioning to the fm9..I was wondering of you will be porting live gold and brit rock royalty to the fm9.....or can you just use the axe fx 3 version?

Sure your not busy enough....but just curious

Ty

Pep

Last edited:
If you haven't seen this, it's pretty cool - the new FM9!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/announcing-the-new-fm9-amp-modeler-fx-processor.176122/

I will be sure to get a version of LiveGold together for it and it will be included in your downloads (whether you buy/own a III, an FM3, or FM3, you'll get the LiveGold versions for all three units).

Cheers!

Once I get IV done (next), I'll upload a new zip file with all four albums in Cygnus, for FM3, all stereo, all leveled consistently. Everything in Brit Rock Royalty #1 for Cygnus should be done by and of first week in October, if not sooner. These presets should also work fine on the new FM9, I'll get a folder for a version or those together for the final release as well. (You will still get the FM3, III, and soon also the FM9 versions all with one order).

You gonna dig 'em.

Greetings. @austinbuddy Love....love.....love your presets. I have loaded up on the fm3. As I think about transitioning to the fm9..I was wondering of you will be porting live gold and brit rock royalty to the fm9.....or can you just use the axe fx 3 version?

Ty

Pep
EDIT:

FM9 version of LiveGold and 200+ Bass TonePack is ready now.

Old:

What Rex said.

Waiting for Fractal Audio team to fix the new FM9 editor in FM9 on a delay tap tempo conversion issue (known bug, will be fixed).

Then I can port in the III version LiveGold presets and convert to FM9 and will add the three FM9 banks as a separate folder in the Cygnus zip download file, so anyone who bought LiveGold for III or FM3 will now have access to FM9 version too.

There are also a handful of presets with post-cab compressors in III version that use Studio FB 1 that doesn't exactly convert to FM9 or FM3 (knees are different) that I need to adjust.

I'll post when it's done. If you try to convert them now yourself, the tap tempo delay times will be messed up.

Last edited:
Hi everyone:

Here is an "All Layout" foot-switch layout file I did for my FM9, to work with LiveGold and other TonePacks. It's based on the default factory one with just a few modifications to navigate around plus an Amp CS control page. You use the FM9-Editor to "Import All Layouts" for this.

You can modify it as you like, this is just my first take and it will go into the eventual FM9 version LiveGold folder as an optional footswitch layout.

Attachments

• FM9-AustinBuddyTonePacks-AllLayouts.fclayout
    84.9 KB · Views: 31
Is this man saying that if we already own Live Gold for FM3 we get the FM9 upgrade for free?
YES - that is correct. It's only fair to give all hardware versions to all customers, because they basically are the same preset sounds across all three hardware units.

But can't do it yet -- I am waiting for the FM9 editor to be fixed of a known delay time conversion bug before I can create this new set of FM9 banks and get it uploaded.

Once an FM9 LiveGold version is ready, you'll login and go to "My Downloads" area of your account, and download the most recent file probably in October.

In next version upload, you'll see an Axe-FX III folder, and FM3 folder, and a new FM9 folder - each will have preset banks for that unit ready to load.

Then, the only thing you guys may want to do with any new FM9 LiveGold version presets is go into the Cab Block for each channel ABCD and try switching to the ULTRA-RES option, and see if you think change that adds enough goodness of extra tone (given higher CPU tradeoff) for you to save that way for your go-to LiveGold presets.

For the FM9, I'm going to leave them all at Standard Res default (FM( defaults to that like the FM3 does), not Ultra Res default (like the III has). I'm doing that because that will give you more CPU to play with other effects and add things in. But in the end, you customize these LIveGold base tones how you like best!

Ty

Pep
Oh - I will also port Brit Rock Royalty #1 to the FM9 too, it just may take a little longer. As you know, the FM3 version presets are sometimes different than the full Axe-FX III version due to CPU limits. Have to see what I can pack back in under FM9 CPU...

What Rex said.

Waiting for Fractal Audio team to fix the new FM9 editor in FM9 on a delay tap tempo conversion issue (known bug, will be fixed).

Then I can port in the III version LiveGold presets and convert to FM9 and will add the three FM9 banks as a separate folder in the Cygnus zip download file, so anyone who bought LiveGold for III or FM3 will now have access to FM9 version too.

There are also a handful of presets with post-cab compressors in III version that use Studio FB 1 that doesn't exactly convert to FM9 or FM3 (knees are different) that I need to adjust.

I'll post when it's done. If you try to convert them now yourself, the tap tempo delay times will be messed up.
Thank you Austin Buddy!!

Oh - I will also port Brit Rock Royalty #1 to the FM9 too, it just may take a little longer. As you know, the FM3 version presets are sometimes different than the full Axe-FX III version due to CPU limits. Have to see what I can pack back in under FM9 CPU...
well this is just outstanding!

Hi everyone:

Here is an "All Layout" foot-switch layout file I did for my FM9, to work with LiveGold and other TonePacks. It's based on the default factory one with just a few modifications to navigate around plus an Amp CS control page. You use the FM9-Editor to "Import All Layouts" for this.

You can modify it as you like, this is just my first take and it will go into the eventual FM9 version LiveGold folder as an optional footswitch layout.
Am I the only one who cant download this?

Poor Austin; dude gets a little breather from Cygnus and then WHAM! :tearsofjoy:

The work is certainly appreciated, Austin! I've been running my mouth about Live Gold everywhere and anywhere. The amount of time it's saved me in the studio when tracking guitars has been pretty remarkable. Since I don't know what more than half those amps sound like IRL, it's great to just click around and get an idea of what they all do really quickly. What would take me 20-30 mins to dial in before can almost always be found in 5 by clicking different presets/scenes and auditioning them.

How about those of us who are 'Naked'?
So the main initIal issue porting 1400+ Naked Amps to FM9 is that the Naked Amps often makes use of all four cab block slots for IR choices, but the FM9 only gives you two IR slots in the cab.

So if I ended up selecting a cab IR to mix in from slot 3 and/or 4 for a preset/scene in Naked Amps, then a port will drop that cab completely and change the sound. Maybe even no sound if Cab slots 1 and 2 were not used/muted. I even remember using four cab IRs for some presets.

So it would take a lot of time, it’s not just a simple port unfortunately. In late October/November I will take a look at it and whether worth extra weeks and further delay for the III folks to get a final as I get Cygnus update going for it. I am finishing up Brit Rock this week (hopefully) and then taking a long-overdue two weeks vacation, then Naked Amps is first up for Cygnus when I get back to the machines.

Back
Top Bottom