Austin Buddy effects collection

Thanks for asking @JOHN D WILLIS

It's definitely something I have worked on here and there for over 18 months, as I do TonePack updates. I have cloned some of of my favorite real analog pedals (and then sold them!) and have those secure in my effects blocks library -- so those are available to include.

I'm going to have LiveGold TonePack updated for latest firmwares by/in July (the other three TonePacks are now updated), so if there is no major firmware changes from Fractal Audio Systems for 2-4 months (Ha!) -- then I just might get an effects block library TonePack put together and out there by the Fall, or worse case, maybe by year end. But customer updates due to firmware changes always come first.

I think this product is really needed. It also helps that the FM3 blocks are almost now all compatible with the III/FM9 blocks, so I can mostly use just one library that should be interchangeable for all three hardware platforms. Some compressors, for example, are different settings in the FM3 than in the III/FM9 to get same effect, so will have to account for that.

In the mean time, there is some cool effects stuff available to Forum users out there right now. @2112 Leon Todd has made his effects blocks library public, so you can check out - plus Leon has some GREAT recent videos on YouTube showing how to set up flangers and also one on phasers/vibes I think, and @yek has done some great presets with various drive block demonstrations.

So there ARE great resources available now!

Thanks for asking @JOHN D WILLIS

It's definitely something I have worked on here and there for over 18 months, as I do TonePack updates. I have cloned some of of my favorite real analog pedals (and then sold them!) and have those secure in my effects blocks library -- so those are available to include.

I'm going to have LiveGold TonePack updated for latest firmwares by/in July (the other three TonePacks are now updated), so if there is no major firmware changes from Fractal Audio Systems for 2-4 months (Ha!) -- then I just might get an effects block library TonePack put together and out there by the Fall, or worse case, maybe by year end. But customer updates due to firmware changes always come first.

I think this product is really needed. It also helps that the FM3 blocks are almost now all compatible with the III/FM9 blocks, so I can mostly use just one library that should be interchangeable for all three hardware platforms. Some compressors, for example, are different settings in the FM3 than in the III/FM9 to get same effect, so will have to account for that.

In the mean time, there is some cool effects stuff available to Forum users out there right now. @2112 Leon Todd has made his effects blocks library public, so you can check out - plus Leon has some GREAT recent videos on YouTube showing how to set up flangers and also one on phasers/vibes I think, and @yek has done some great presets with various drive block demonstrations.

So there ARE great resources available now!
Great idea!

Are you going to have an eBow? :)

Just kidding! :)

Thx!!
I have all of your collections
And use them a lot for sessions and acts that I produce
I feel that an efx or stompbox collection would be invaluable for quick access to sounds that I normally get with a pedalboard
Like all the delay types in a Timeline or verb types in a Big Sky
I have a few Electric Mistress presets that sound great
Not sure where they came from
But having a library to draw from would be amazing
Leon actually did a mulitap block preset for me of the Intellifex preset Hawaiian Chorus
Which I have overused to great effect!
Thx for your hard work and artistry Austin Buddy!!

Thx!!
I have all of your collections
And use them a lot for sessions and acts that I produce
I feel that an efx or stompbox collection would be invaluable for quick access to sounds that I normally get with a pedalboard
Like all the delay types in a Timeline or verb types in a Big Sky
I have a few Electric Mistress presets that sound great
Not sure where they came from
But having a library to draw from would be amazing
Leon actually did a mulitap block preset for me of the Intellifex preset Hawaiian Chorus
Which I have overused to great effect!
Thx for your hard work and artistry Austin Buddy!!
Thanks John! BTW I am a huge electric mistress fan. I have a few Mooer Electric Lady pedals to guide me to emulate but need to spend more time to get them spot-on.

I almost think this needs to be a two -part Effects Blocks project. One for mono and dry effects, another for stereo and wet effects… also check out @simeon - he is very very good at ambient and wet effects and think he offers some blocks in that vein.

Last edited:
Any update when available? Thanks
Hi @Jamme1961

New firmware releases have been delaying my progress on the FX Warehouse project. I just finished updating LiveGold for example for recent firmware (not new public betas).

I'm probably going to put a hold on all firmware updates through the end of the year so I can focus all my attention on creating it and getting it done. I'd like to get it out right around/before Christmas. It may be that I will release what I have done by end of year, with a free update with more effects to come later in 2023 with more stuff.

I talk about the New TonePack in the works in this interview, at about the makr 2:26 into the interview - that info let's you know a little what to expect from this new one, hopefully coming soon. :cool:

I'm probably going to put a hold on all firmware updates through the end of the year
dang! Hate to hear that, I understand however the new firmware is just to good to not install. I’ve been using quite a few of your presets for a while now and getting good results with minimum tweaking. guess I’ll have to stand on my own 2 feet 😎

All great interviews, thanks! :)

I was thinking about thinking of you on Black Friday... ;)
OTOH, hearing you may update only once a year seems to make this a stupid idea almost... — also because most fw. updates are too hard to resist.
I of course totally understand your situation with this...

An FX Warehouse for sure seems a more stable idea.

The preset packs are ideal when an Axe is "EOL" — but not really, cos then you want to move to the next gen... :D
-

Re. selling Axe-Fx II

Have you ever shared a small pack of free ones for the Axe-Fx II, by any chance?

As its factory presets are not updated for the final firmwares, it would IMO be cool for everyone if I could put a number of freebies on it that represent one of your packs well.

The seller is then sure it has a few (hopefully) great up-to-date presets, and it could entice the buyer to get into your packs. It seems a win/win/win.

OTOH, with some of the music styles out there, 3 is not enough and 20 probably too much for you...

I'm just wondering anyway — just in case you have some of that ready-to-go.

OTOH, I haven't even checked if the presets are off much. I'm gonna guess many in 400 will still sound great, so no worries!

dang! Hate to hear that, I understand however the new firmware is just to good to not install. I’ve been using quite a few of your presets for a while now and getting good results with minimum tweaking. guess I’ll have to stand on my own 2 feet 😎
Good to hear. Basically you have to check the preset levels that may have moved around, then figure out with the increased bass how you want to handle on you end - amp Lo Cut increase? Speaker Thump down? Less amp Depth (if present)? CS6 Low Cut engaged? Cab Block IR Lo Cut set higher? That sorta stuff. I wouldn't touch the Bass tone knob itself though, or move it much...

Last edited:
Hey man, I had a question since sometime but didn't get the chance to get in touch or to contact you, before anything said i want to say that your Live Gold is just beautiful & i appreciate your work & effort been put in that pack or any other packs you make actually!
Now, my question is why in some amps if not most, you were modifying the Bright cap to 1000pf & sometimes higher on amps that in default settings they will be around 180pf or 220 etc, so why did you do this? also from a search i made like on some of Mesa amps, i've seen that Capacitor's measures & conversions chart from uf to nf to pf, And from what i've seen on Mesa C+ that it's 220/250uF, So it goes like this
0.25uF / MFD250nF250000pF (MMFD)
0.00025uF / MFD0.25nF250pF (MMFD)
0.22uF / MFD220nF220000pF (MMFD)
0.00022uF / MFD0.22nF220pF (MMFD)
so based on this table here, the setting in the bright cap in the amp block should be ( 250pf ) or ( 2500 pF ) ?
beecause when i increased it after noticing the difference in your presets, it made much more sense man & i felt that missing thing which most of people were looking for in their Mesa Models & been trying to get it by having a boost or a drive etc, while when i just increased it, boom it was just there!
I don’t think I ever touch or modify bright caps on Mesa Boogies.

But I will on some Marshalls if I find them too harsh at a lower master volume setting.

@austinbuddy: any update on this?
Haven’t touched the work since November, been doing updates to TonePacks due to new Fractal Firmwares as my customer priority.

But good news: as of this coming Monday, I am now full-time available to do AustinBuddy work, no more day job - retired from that! So stuff should come quicker this year than in past.

Will update this in a month about when new FX Warehouse could become available.

Congratulations Austin,

Big decision! :)

Thanks
Pauly
Haven’t touched the work since November, been doing updates to TonePacks due to new Fractal Firmwares as my customer priority.

But good news: as of this coming Monday, I am now full-time available to do AustinBuddy work, no more day job - retired from that! So stuff should come quicker this year than in past.

Congratulations on your retirement!

Just curious ... What was your day job?

Back
Top Bottom