Austin Buddy Bass Pack

cableguy

Inspired
So I ordered my FM3 today. I also ordered the Austin Buddy bass pack for it as well. It seemed like a no-brainer since my primary instrument is bass. (self-proclaimed hack guitarist) For less than the cost of a pedal, I will have many great bass presets. That in itself will be a awesome, but I figure it will be a great jumping off point for helping me put together my own presets. Being able to look at how some very experienced people put together their effects/amps/cabs. Sort of reverse engineering my thought process. I have a very good idea of what I want to get out of this unit. Getting there is another thing altogether. As I've said before, I'm an old analog dog, so sometimes in the digital world I can flounder.:eek: I've heard great things about the AB guitar packs. Anyone using the bass pack yet?

I'm a guitarist, but play bass occasionally for my band. I purchased and used a Mesa WD800 about a year ago. I got my FM3 and bought the Austin Buddy bass pack when it was released. I immediately listed and sold my Mesa WD800. I think the bass presets are fantastic.

I'm a guitarist, but play bass occasionally for my band. I purchased and used a Mesa WD800 about a year ago. I got my FM3 and bought the Austin Buddy bass pack when it was released. I immediately listed and sold my Mesa WD800. I think the bass presets are fantastic.
That's great to hear! I'm a guitarist as well and do occasional bass and get tired of straight di or amp

That really is something. The WD800 is a fantastic amp.

Hi cableguy,
yep - this bunch of presets kicks ass. Like you said, for the money, it’s a bargain.
thanks
pauly

So I ordered my FM3 today. I also ordered the Austin Buddy bass pack for it as well. It seemed like a no-brainer since my primary instrument is bass. (self-proclaimed hack guitarist) For less than the cost of a pedal, I will have many great bass presets. That in itself will be a awesome, but I figure it will be a great jumping off point for helping me put together my own presets. Being able to look at how some very experienced people put together their effects/amps/cabs. Sort of reverse engineering my thought process. I have a very good idea of what I want to get out of this unit. Getting there is another thing altogether. As I've said before, I'm an old analog dog, so sometimes in the digital world I can flounder.:eek: I've heard great things about the AB guitar packs. Anyone using the bass pack yet?

Yes, I got to help beta test the new FM3 bass pack and it's great. I even got to use one of the SVT presets on a streaming gig last week, didn't have to do anything to it. The usability AustinBuddy designed into the presets, with multiple scenes in each covering a lot of ground, makes it a no-brainer for bass players and non-bass players alike. The main amp presets have special split-output scenes where the DI with optional EQ is panned to one side, and the amp/cab to the other. This way you can easily send two separate channels for recording or to a live mixer to blend however you like.

Yes, I got to help beta test the new FM3 bass pack and it's great. I even got to use one of the SVT presets on a streaming gig last week, didn't have to do anything to it. The usability AustinBuddy designed into the presets, with multiple scenes in each covering a lot of ground, makes it a no-brainer for bass players and non-bass players alike. The main amp presets have special split-output scenes where the DI with optional EQ is panned to one side, and the amp/cab to the other. This way you can easily send two separate channels for recording or to a live mixer to blend however you like.

Glad to hear your review Lizzy. I see you're also in the Seattle area. I'll have to keep an eye out for any of your shows. If I'm lucky, I'll start to play live again next summer.....

Glad to hear your review Lizzy. I see you're also in the Seattle area. I'll have to keep an eye out for any of your shows. If I'm lucky, I'll start to play live again next summer.....

Ugh, I hear ya! Other than closed streaming stuff, we have a couple fly dates booked in Jan/Feb but I fully expect them to be either canceled or for us to opt out of them if our high risk band members don't want to fly yet. But July is looking up! :cool:

Poted this in bass, but figured I would post it hear as well.... :cool:

Well I've had my FM3 for almost 24hrs. :D Last night I played around with different guitar presets. Some pretty good stuff. I installed AB bass pack this afternoon. I could instantly find useable gig-worthy tones. Some seemed pretty dark to me (I like a Dug Pinnick sort of tone) and my bass was a little hot so I had to roll back the volume on my bass a bit. I will assume both of these are due to the active electronics on my Spector. It was almost worth the cost just to see how AB put together his presets. I've already found a few that with just a slight bit of tweaking will be perfect for some of the different genres I play. So for the cost of a cheap pedal I will say, AB's bass pack is a very worthwhile investment.👍

Back
Top Bottom