Austin Buddy Bass Pack with FM9, No Blocks ?

2pods

I'm using the above with my FM9.
I've successfully installed the IRs and Presets, but the only Blocks libraries in the pack are for FM3 or AxeFX3.
Should I be using one of these, or has there been an updated file for the FM9 ?
I've searched both here, and AB's page, but came up with nothing.
TIA

I'm using the above with my FM9.
I've successfully installed the IRs and Presets, but the only Blocks libraries in the pack are for FM3 or AxeFX3.
Should I be using one of these, or has there been an updated file for the FM9 ?
I've searched both here, and AB's page, but came up with nothing.
TIA
In general blocks are not specific to a particular modeler, though the FX3 has some that are not available on the other units simply because it has so much available memory and CPU. Occasionally parameters are not available but the block will function, just with a little less control. The Blocks Guide has a chart showing what blocks are available in each unit and the individual block descriptions note which parameters are not available.

The FM9 can load the FX3 blocks without problems. It’ll ignore any it can’t use.

In general, presets and blocks are cross-compatible if you pay attention to the constraints of the target machine. I move them between all three units often.

@austinbuddy will comment if there are any specific issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help.
I'm emailing the man himself, to see if he's doing any FM9 specific versions in the future

Thanks for your help.
I'm emailing the man himself, to see if he's doing any FM9 specific versions in the future
Rather than emailing and then nobody else knowing the answer, and possibly having to add a response to the thread, it works more effectively to tag Austinbuddy. I did that in my response so he’ll comment if he sees a need.

Back
Top Bottom