Aussie newbies rejoice?

vkinetic

Inspired
Having ordered and paid for my AX8 at the very beginning of April, I have been in absolute agony waiting for it's arrival, which was originally stated to be late April early May. I don't think I have anticipated the arrival of a piece of gear so much in all of my 65 years. The wait finally got to me today and I contacted the distributors here in the land of Oz. I was told that there had been delays, but the AX8s were shipped to Australia last Wednesday and we should expect delivery some time next week. There must be many other Aussies waiting for their delivery as well.

I have spent hours reading these forums and thanks so much to all the great contributors and the great support. At last I will be able to address the issue of FRFRs and I will be able to order a few packs from AustenBuddy (including the 700 amp pack).

I know the learning curve will be steep, so I haven't put my Fender Super Reverb Re-Issue (which actually is a fantastic amp) and all my pedals just yet. But that day is coming!!!!

I mean our land is girt by sea and all so i's understandable it takes a while for gear to get here. (couldn't resist).

The wait is worth it. Dive into the wiki and the tutorials thread in this sub-forum and have fun when it arrives :)

Thanks Leon and Pat. I've watched countless of your videos Leon. You rock and I have learnt so much from you (currently checking out King's X and Rush).

patdavidmusic - are you using your AX8 live and if so what speakers/frfr's do you use? I'm currently in a pub rock band and have been using a Yamaha Stagepas 500 for keys - I'm hoping to use that initially for the AX8 as well until I can afford something better. Can't really afford an Atomic CLR but a Yamaha DXR10 might be a good compromise.

Welcome to the machine. Once it arrives, don't forget to stop and eat once in a while or you might die. I suggest a vegemite sandwich. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

G'day Vkinetic,
That's possibly the only thing I could note that could be better - Delivery.
Having said that, the guys at Independent have always looked after us, and often gone above what you would expect - so don't worry - the wait is part of it. What will happen is that you will kick your self for waiting so long to finally spend the money.
Set up your monitoring environment to be as real as possible, and get a set or two of spare stings - because once you get this device, well... Let's just say you'll be spending a lot of time with your guitar. :)
Welcome!
Pauly

Having ordered and paid for my AX8 at the very beginning of April, I have been in absolute agony waiting for it's arrival, which was originally stated to be late April early May. I don't think I have anticipated the arrival of a piece of gear so much in all of my 65 years. The wait finally got to me today and I contacted the distributors here in the land of Oz. I was told that there had been delays, but the AX8s were shipped to Australia last Wednesday and we should expect delivery some time next week. There must be many other Aussies waiting for their delivery as well.

I have spent hours reading these forums and thanks so much to all the great contributors and the great support. At last I will be able to address the issue of FRFRs and I will be able to order a few packs from AustenBuddy (including the 700 amp pack).

I know the learning curve will be steep, so I haven't put my Fender Super Reverb Re-Issue (which actually is a fantastic amp) and all my pedals just yet. But that day is coming!!!!

Hey nothing wrong with vegemite... you just need 40 years to get a taste for it!
Pauly

Welcome to the machine. Once it arrives, don't forget to stop and eat once in a while or you might die. I suggest a vegemite sandwich. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Thanks pauly, the wait is killing me. But Andrew from IM is a nice guy - spoken to him a few times - I'm not worried, but geez.....

65 years??? Wow. I am 63, have owned the AX8 for over 2 years now, and I, almost daily unless I am on vacation, noodle around with my AX8. One of the best purchases of my entire life. Never ending fun. As you already realize, there is much help here in this great forum. Hope it arrives soon and you get years of enjoyment out of it.

From SW Washington State, USA.
~ cheers

I have an AX8 for about three months. I tell everyone that it's the best purchase I ever made (every time I say that, my girlfriend looks at me like I have brain damage). have fun!. It's a beatiful gear with a beatiful community!

As soon as I got mine, I forgot all the days I spent checking the mail tracking web every ten minutes.

Thanks Leon and Pat. I've watched countless of your videos Leon. You rock and I have learnt so much from you (currently checking out King's X and Rush).

patdavidmusic - are you using your AX8 live and if so what speakers/frfr's do you use? I'm currently in a pub rock band and have been using a Yamaha Stagepas 500 for keys - I'm hoping to use that initially for the AX8 as well until I can afford something better. Can't really afford an Atomic CLR but a Yamaha DXR10 might be a good compromise.

Not gigging yet sorry dude just tracking an EP, will be gigging at the end of the year but that's a little while a way!

Not gigging yet sorry dude just tracking an EP, will be gigging at the end of the year but that's a little while a way!

Have fun tracking your EP - love to hear it when it's finished! And good luck with the gigging when it happens. I guess you'll join the FRFR quandary club then.

If you're in the Sydney area let us know when and where you're gigging (if you remember!)

Have fun tracking your EP - love to hear it when it's finished! And good luck with the gigging when it happens. I guess you'll join the FRFR quandary club then.

If you're in the Sydney area let us know when and where you're gigging (if you remember!)

I will definitely remember! I just finished tracking I'll be making a post in the ax8 sub thread about it very soon!

The wait is very much worth it.
It's good to see so many fellow Aussies on this site. I don't see many other ax8's about in Melbourne, but I don't see as much live music as I would like these days. Lucky to be gigging lots so I guess i can't complain.

Back
Top Bottom