Auditioning Cabs Without Axe Edit - Help

Fro

Experienced
I know this is in several different places, but I'm just sucking at searching the forum right now. How do you I get IR's into the Axe Fx without using Axe Edit? I'm on a Mac, OS 10.6.8 and I have SysEx Librarian. Axe Manage isn't working. It connects for 2 seconds and then crashes. I'm just looking to do it the old fashioned way.

Thanks.

I am in the exact same situation. Axe o Matic DSP is also not working with current beta firmware so I'd also be very interested to hear some suggestions or solutions.

Last edited:
AOM DSP is working (almost) perfectly with Beta firmware and OS X. It only crashes if you try to save and select a folder. Otherwise, it's been working well.
Otherwise, see above post wiki.

I have been using Axe Edit to put my IR's in and it has been just fine.

Mine was working fine until tonight. It connects for 3 seconds, and then crashes. It did work once, but it wouldn't recognize the cab names that were already in the user cab slots. Every time I sent a cab to the Axe Fx, it would change the patch. I just wasn't in the mood to investigate. SysEx Librarian is working for now. Not as slick as Axe Manage, but stable. When I'm not in as much of a time crunch, I'll figure out what I did to make my computer mad. I'm sure it's simple and explainable, but for another day. :)

Neither AOM DSP nor Axe Edit works any longer on my unit. Both worked on FW 8 but not 9. My unit freezes when using axe edit to send IRs to the Axe and Axe O Matic wont allow the option to audition or save IRs since uping firmware.

Neither AOM DSP nor Axe Edit works any longer on my unit. Both worked on FW 8 but not 9. My unit freezes when using axe edit to send IRs to the Axe and Axe O Matic wont allow the option to audition or save IRs since uping firmware.

I'm having the same issue with AOM DSP, and I just purchased it a couple of days ago. Very frustrating... I hope OH will allow us to upgrade.

I'm thinking that my only option at the moment is to go back to FW8 and get thecabs I want in there and go back to 9 if I feel the need.

I'm thinking that my only option at the moment is to go back to FW8 and get thecabs I want in there and go back to 9 if I feel the need.

What's your setup? On the Mac side, SysEx Librarian is working for me now. Stable, just not as slick as the other 2 for transferring. I'm still using AOM DSP to mix the cabs. I forget the PC equivalent to SysEx Librarian. Anyway, it's a lot easier than bouncing between firmwares just to use Axe Edit. At least it is for me.

I use an iMac running 10.6.8

I think I tried Sysex Lib as well but I was unable to figure out how to transmit the IR to the Axe. There was a record file and a play file option and that was all I saw. I'll admit that I gave up easily on that one though....

I use an iMac running 10.6.8

I thought I tried Sysex Lib as well but was abke to figure out how to transmit the IR to the Axe. There was. record file and a play file option and that was all I saw. I'll admit that I gave up easily on that one though....

The link in the 3rd post explains it. But, here it is in a nutshell. Add the file to SysEx Librarian that you want to send to the Axe Fx. In the Axe Fx itself, select the cab block and hit "Edit". Note: It needs to be a mono cab. Make sure you are on the cab parameter in the cab block, and that it's set to the user slot that you want to load the cab into. In SysEx Librarian, either double click the file, or highlight it and click on play. Once it's loaded, you will see the name change.

The only thing I haven't figured out is that the cabs I mix in AOM DSP are all loading with the same name. So, admittedly, it's not great. But, the cabs are loaded, and I'm now using the new Ownhammer's.

The link in the 3rd post explains it. But, here it is in a nutshell. Add the file to SysEx Librarian that you want to send to the Axe Fx. In the Axe Fx itself, select the cab block and hit "Edit". Note: It needs to be a mono cab. Make sure you are on the cab parameter in the cab block, and that it's set to the user slot that you want to load the cab into. In SysEx Librarian, either double click the file, or highlight it and click on play. Once it's loaded, you will see the name change.

The only thing I haven't figured out is that the cabs I mix in AOM DSP are all loading with the same name. So, admittedly, it's not great. But, the cabs are loaded, and I'm now using the new Ownhammer's.

Oh, and for some reason in my SysEx librarian, I have to set it to Midi In when using the USB. Go figure.

dude, just learn to use the front panel...

...wait...OH SCHNAP!!! ;)

So I wound up getting axe o matic to work using the axe as my midi interface. I was using my audio interface's midi ports before and it worked with fw8 but not 9. I can send IRs and the axe will keep them there but if I try and save a patch while still running axe o matic the axe freezes. Not a big deal. At least I can load IRs now Thanks for all the suggestions.

I still use Axe Manage from AE to upload cabs without issue. In AM select the folder that contains the IRs of interest; select the IR and then right-click and send it to the user location. Then, most important, wait until the MIDI activity lights on the Axe and AE stop blinking before doing anything else!

Back
Top Bottom