Audiophile 2496 Users...

CudBucket

Inspired
Just want to see how other 2496 users are connecting their Axes to their DAWs through the 2496.

I run Output 2 L and R into the 2496's analog Ins 1 and 2. To do this, I have to add an FX Loop Block in my patch since I have Output 1 L and R going to a power amp and cabs.

Should I be using Output 1 L and R to feed the 2496? Also, how are you all monitoring the guitar?

Thanks.

Dave

I connect Axe SPDIF out to my Delta 1010LT (big brother to 2496) SPDIF IN, 1010 SPFID out to monitors. 1010 1/2 outs to my monitors. I can monitor axe via the SPDIF out to monitor connection or within the DAW out over the 1010 1/2. Thats all wet signal. I use FX block to out2 before any FX and into 1010 3/4 to capture dry signal or different variation of wet depending upon where I put the FX block. I use other 1010 outputs to back into the AXE mono front using Radial box or mono/stereo direct out from the 1010 into input 1 rear or input2 back into FX block. Depends on what I am doing at the time.

I don't think there is any difference between you using out1 or out2 into your DAW.

I use a mackie 1202vlz3 which has "direct outs" for the 1st 4 channels. Meaning the ultra does "not" go thru the mixer buss -it's out before everything but the gain, Works great, no latency issues and records great

Back
Top Bottom