audio technica M2 IEM wireless troubles...

chrisjnyc

Power User
Anyone use the audio technica M2 IEM wireless? Getting a lot more loud bursts of static and drop outs with it now. I changed the batteries and the channel during a break and it was a little better. Any ideas? Those loud static pops are killing my ears!

not the answer you want- but sell it used and buy the Shure's

The PSM300 is the same price or about 100-200 more

But it's worth it- i've never had issues and i've had super high end shure stuff and super low end shure stuff (along with sennheiser)

Fork out the extra few bucks to get the PSM300 system with the P3RA Receiver

The only thing I could say I really recommend audio technica is a very very few of their mics (at4047)
I notice their stuff in the low end is a lower value/lower quality than shure's low end

I've had it all

Probably some kind of interference. Try changing channels.

Side note you should never have your pack up to the level that would "hurt your ears". People say, I'd never use IEMS because I don't want to blow out my hearing if someone drops a mic or something. limiter or not, if it's not up too loud it's impossible to hurt your ears.

Probably some kind of interference. Try changing channels.

Side note you should never have your pack up to the level that would "hurt your ears". People say, I'd never use IEMS because I don't want to blow out my hearing if someone drops a mic or something. limiter or not, if it's not up too loud it's impossible to hurt your ears.

Right, I usually have the levels set fairly low for the mix coming into my IEMs. Also the limiter is turned on from the receiver...

where is it in relation to where you are on stage? clear line of site? I say this because I get what you are talking about if it's between me and the drummer for some reason.

where is it in relation to where you are on stage? clear line of site? I say this because I get what you are talking about if it's between me and the drummer for some reason.

During rehearsals it is in front of me, so not in line of sight, but very close proximity wise. For the last gig it was behind me, near the drummer, but in a clear line of sight or about 6-8 feet from me. The drummer uses a wired IEM setup with a headphone amp.

Anyone know if you can return a Shure PSM\Sennheiser G3 to Guitar Center? I would like to test another unit out to see how much better it sounds, but don't wont to get stuck with it if the noise is still present...

Back
Top Bottom