Audio stutter

fatoni

Inspired
I recently upgraded to ares on my mk 1 axe fx II and now if I'm trying to jam along with a youtube video or a track from google music I get this stutter going on that makes it impossible. When it is just the music or just me playing there are zero issues but a few seconds into me playing it starts up again. Any ideas? Obviously my solution is to buy the fm3 but it is not available yet so I gotta have a stopgap type solution.Thanks in advance

I recently upgraded to ares on my mk 1 axe fx II and now if I'm trying to jam along with a youtube video or a track from google music I get this stutter going on that makes it impossible. When it is just the music or just me playing there are zero issues but a few seconds into me playing it starts up again. Any ideas? Obviously my solution is to buy the fm3 but it is not available yet so I gotta have a stopgap type solution.Thanks in advance
the solution to this isn't needing to buy the FM3.

this shouldn't be happening. are you using the USB interface to get your computer music into the Axe-Fx? describe your setup more, or we can't help. sounds like the USB Buffer is set too low or the computer just needs a reboot.

the solution to this isn't needing to buy the FM3.

this shouldn't be happening. are you using the USB interface to get your computer music into the Axe-Fx? describe your setup more, or we can't help. sounds like the USB Buffer is set too low or the computer just needs a reboot.
I was just kidding about the fm3 thing although I plan on it.

Yeah. I basically use the axe fx as the USB interface so the output of my computer goes through the axe fx out to my studio monitors.my guitar also goes to the monitors but sometimes I send the guitar to output 2 into an atomic clr. It's only been a recent problem so I'm a little confused.

Windows or Mac?
What’s the value of USB Buffer Size in the I/O menu?

I don't have the answers for those but I'll look into it. I never really thought it could be the computer because the issue only happened when the guitar is played and I assumed that all happened on the axe side. My computer has had heating problems lately but only during intense gaming .

CPU. When I use the axe as an interface and jam to backing tracks from my iTunes library, axe edit open as well, zero issues but when I play, I get audio stuttering crackling and such. Issue stops if I use a patch with lower CPU or close the editor when I start playing

CPU. When I use the axe as an interface and jam to backing tracks from my iTunes library, axe edit open as well, zero issues but when I play, I get audio stuttering crackling and such. Issue stops if I use a patch with lower CPU or close the editor when I start playing
this seems to have done it. i guess ares takes a bunch more power to keep things chugging along than quantum did. bummer but i guess i get to make some new presets so that'll be fun.

thanks for all the input guys. great community

this seems to have done it. i guess ares takes a bunch more power to keep things chugging along than quantum did. bummer but i guess i get to make some new presets so that'll be fun.

thanks for all the input guys. great community

You can try lowering the quality of some of the blocks to lower CPU usage whilst keeping 99% of the same sound, for instance using standard IR resolution instead of Ultra Res in the Cabinet block options, and Normal Quality instead of High Quality in any reverb blocks etc...

Back
Top Bottom