1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Router Suggestions

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by VittorioAngelo, Jul 14, 2018.

1. VittorioAngelo

VittorioAngelo
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Hello Folks;

Since I/O Blocks 3 and 4 are "hard wired" to the output jacks on the rear of the AxeFX III, I'm now looking for a dead-simple audio router as such:

[I/O Blocks 3 and 4 Out] => [USB to Ableton] => [Ableton to USB] => [I/O Blocks 3 and 4 In]

The device needs no volume or DSP. Just a simple 4 in and 4 out with an ADDA between.

Finally, it should be small enough to be velcroed to the top of the Axe Fx III itself.

Does anyone know of such a device?

Thank you very much,
    Vittorio

2. flying_walrus

flying_walrus
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

there are probably a hundred USB interfaces that will do what you're asking for, but I have to ask - why not just run USB from the Axe-Fx straight into the computer?

3. VittorioAngelo

VittorioAngelo
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Hello Flying_Walrus (Love that moniker!);

I do run the AxeFX into my computer via USB. As such, I've a few channels available in Ableton:
    1. 1/2 Which is the front jack
    2. 3/4 Which is I/O Blocks 2 In and 2 Out
    3. 5/6 Which is the front jack, again
    4. 7/8 Which is the USB In Block
    So, my presets are routed like this (at this moment, still experimenting):

[IN 1] => [Out 2] => [Out 2 into Ableton] => [Ableton out to 7/8 (The USB In Block)] => [USB In] => [Out 1]

What I'd like to be able to achieve is to route audio from the Ableton Busses (Sends) to I/O Blocks 3 and 4 in the AxeFx.