AUDIO: My Hero (Cover) - Foo Fighters - Sean & Mike Ashe

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, while usually I just post my youtube videos, this is actually something I recorded last night/today. One of my favorite bands is the Foo Fighters, just love their stuff, and I thought it'd be fun to cover 'My Hero' from their album Colour And The Shape.

All guitars/bass are the Axe FX II, I used the Friedman HBE factory preset with the gain dialed down and presence turned up, and then dual tracked each of the two guitars. For 'rhythm' I used my Sterling By Musicman JP50, and for 'lead' I used my dad's 1969 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe.

The bass was going into the Ampeg model, but tonematched to a clip Nolly Getgood from periphery put up on his soundcloud. The bass I was using was an Ibanez GIO Bass, but luckily with some tone matching sorcery I was able to make it sound pretty good in my opinion :)

Drums were ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2.0 but blended with some of my own samples.

I hope you guys enjoy it, it is available for free download in case any of your are interested, but I just figured I'd share it here as it was all Axe FX :)

Patches:

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=441 - Guitar
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=440 - Bass

Last edited:
Damn dude! Sounds so good. Where did you get the vocal track? I'd like to give a shot at recreating this song and the tones as well.

An Ibanez Gio bass???????????... no shit? hmmph... all accolades to TM I guess. Nice job Sean. Foo Fighter are so damn cool.

An Ibanez Gio bass???????????... no shit? hmmph... all accolades to TM I guess. Nice job Sean. Foo Fighter are so damn cool.

haha yea it's like a $200 dollar bass, everything stock. Tone match really is the bomb, if anyone's interested, I tonematched the clip on Nolly Getgood's soundcloud entitled Dingwall Clean or something along those lines. Then I just tweaked a bit on the axe fx until it fit my mix :)

I guess it don't matter how you got there to skin that cat... just as long as you got there to skin the cat... and skinned it nicely you did. I hope Cliff don't read this... he's pretty partial to cats from what I understand. :lol

I guess it don't matter how you got there to skin that cat... just as long as you got there to skin the cat... and skinned it nicely you did. I hope Cliff don't read this... he's pretty partial to cats from what I understand. :lol

hahaha thanks man!

I really like that you built the song from scratch, as opposed to using stems. Really cool drum programming and playing.

I think your singer has a great radio ready voice. You should explore it in some original songs. He has a really great potential!

Damn dude...that's killer! Sounds awesome even on my work computer speakers. If you didn't say anything, I would think I was listening to the Foo Fighters. Good job!

I'm a pretty big Fooz fan and was pretty skeptical at first, but guess I should have known you would do it justice Sean :)

Brilliant job mate and also well done Mike.

Last edited:
I think your singer has a great radio ready voice. You should explore it in some original songs. He has a really great potential!

I'll forward him your kind words! He actually does alot of pop/rock stuff over at his youtube channel youtube.com/mikeashemusic

We released an album about 2 years ago in a rock/pop band but we are writing some pretty cool stuff now for a different project. I'm lucky to have him as my cousin haha!

Awsome as always Sean. From both of you.
When i saw "Foo Fighters cover" i though oh dear lord, dont mess with my gods.
But you both truely do them honor.

Back
Top Bottom