Audio Interface

My band is looking to use an app like jamkazam. I need to get an audio interface unit. Can I go right out of the FX8 into the interface unit? Or should I mic my amp & go in with that? I do not have a line out on my amp. Anyone have experience with this? Can you recommend a decent audio interface unit, lots of bad reviews on a lot of them on line.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think you'd have to mic your amp or use a piece of gear with a cab simulator built in.
Is it a valve amp?
Something like the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X, Boss Tube Amp Expander or UA Op Box would be a good way to get a signal from your amp to the soundcard.
I think a good, cheap soundcard would be a Focusrite Scarlet which is a best selling budget card.
On the more expensive end you could look at Apogee, Audient or Universal Audio.

I think you'd have to mic your amp or use a piece of gear with a cab simulator built in.
Is it a valve amp?
Something like the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X, Boss Tube Amp Expander or UA Op Box would be a good way to get a signal from your amp to the soundcard.
I think a good, cheap soundcard would be a Focusrite Scarlet which is a best selling budget card.
On the more expensive end you could look at Apogee, Audient or Universal Audio.
Thanks for the response. I think I am going to start with micing the amp. I ordered a two channel audio interface and a head set with mic. Thanks for the help.

I would think you don't even need an interface. The FM3 should be able to connect directly to JamKazam (I haven't tried this, but I've used my FM3 as an audio interface for other collaboration apps.)

JamKazam is an abandoned (failed?) startup by the way. Don't expect too much. We basically found it un-usable except to have everyone play along to the same backing track.

I would think you don't even need an interface. The FM3 should be able to connect directly to JamKazam (I haven't tried this, but I've used my FM3 as an audio interface for other collaboration apps.)

JamKazam is an abandoned (failed?) startup by the way. Don't expect too much. We basically found it un-usable except to have everyone play along to the same backing track.
Do you know of another better app? Thanks

My band is looking to use an app like jamkazam. I need to get an audio interface unit. Can I go right out of the FX8 into the interface unit? Or should I mic my amp & go in with that? I do not have a line out on my amp. Anyone have experience with this? Can you recommend a decent audio interface unit, lots of bad reviews on a lot of them on line.

Thanks
The FX8 is not an amp simulator. You need to mix your amp to get an amp sound.

Yes FX8 but I think we are abodoning the whole idea. It appears to be a lot harder then we thought and we have had no success to this point.

Back
Top Bottom