Audio Interface, stereo recording.

SLO7H

Hello,
I am currently looking for an Audio Interface.
Currently, I am looking at
Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD USB Audio Interface
and
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)
But what I really need, is an audio interface which allow me to both monitor out the guitar playing and record at the same time, while also playing either music or tracks from my computer, on the same speakers. Monitoring from the computer usually result in latency, and this latency really puts me off, so I need the audio interface itself to monitor the sound from the guitar.
I am using 2 Mackie MR5 MkII Active Studio Monitors. They have TRS (Balanced), XLR (Balanced) and RCA (Unbalanced) inputs.
I need the audio interface to also capture stereo delay effects.
I have been watching videos, read descriptions, read forums posts for hours now without getting the answer, so I am hoping that someone here will have the answer.
Does anyone have any other Audio Interfaces they would recommend to me in order to meet my needs? Or any alternate solutions if this cannot be achieved?

True, but is it good enough for studio purposes? I've seen so many using an external Audio Interface.

What does “studio purposes” mean?
Studio purposes for me is recording good sound to a computer.
While also being able to hear the tracks.

Is the Axe FX able to receive audio from the computer and play it out from the Axe FX to active monitors? For example, can you set the Axe FX as a primary audio source in Windows? Because I need to be able to do some practicing with music playing.

Studio purposes for me is recording good sound to a computer.
While also being able to hear the tracks.

Is the Axe FX able to receive audio from the computer and play it out from the Axe FX to active monitors? For example, can you set the Axe FX as a primary audio source in Windows? Because I need to be able to do some practicing with music playing.
So recording. Yes the Axe sounds good using it to record, in a bedroom or an actual studio.

Yes the Axe-Fx is an audio interface that can play computer audio.

I would add that in some cases it's better than an outboard interface because those require going from digital to analog back to digital (unless you connect Axe Fx to interface via SPDIF), whereas the USB stays digital from the Axe Fx to the Computer (and back).

Back
Top Bottom