Audio illusions

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
These are actually pretty cool. Interestingly, the "bonus" one with the 18k hz was actually very audible to me. This is strange because I had my hearing tested last year and I have mild-moderate hearing loss at 8k (didn't test above that) so I didn't expect to hear a tone that supposedly only people under 20yrs old can hear. My wife, on the other hand, cannot hear it.

Top 10 Incredible Sound Illusions

That 18kHz signal isn't right. There's noise or something on it because it's very audible. I can barely hear 18kHz at very high levels and you don't really hear it, its more like someone putting a needle in your ear or your jaw. I think that whatever compression they used borked it up.

But there were some cool tests on there. The video one was really interesting.

That was really cool !! Thanks for posting that.

The 'Virtual Barbershop' was my favourite... I actually caught myself turning to look at some of the incidental noise to the side and behind me!

Not sure about the 'Quickening Beat' one though - I tried setting my tap tempo to the beat later in the clip, and it seemed it WAS faster than at the start?

Not sure about the 'Quickening Beat' one though - I tried setting my tap tempo to the beat later in the clip, and it seemed it WAS faster than at the start?
As far as I can tell the accents are getting closer and closer but the "notes per minute" ratio is constant.

Back
Top Bottom