Audio Device Removed

Hello, I'm using an Axe FX II XL with usb to my Mac. I am running El Capitan with Logic X and up until tonight everything was working smoothly. Very smoothly in fact. Then I updated my firmware to the latest version released on December 15th I believe it was. After that Logic X continues to bug out and I get a constant spinning rainbow wheel anytime I try to click on anything. I can't even record enable my tracks anymore. Logic X will eventually prompt a message saying its recognized the Axe FX and ask me if I want to use this device. When I click yes, it turns off all of my audio plugins. I have a line 6 ux2 pod that I use as an output device for my monitors and inside logic I have my input device as the axe fx and my output device as the ux2. This is how I normally recorded for almost a year now. I have had zero problems until now. When I setup the normal way as usual I can't record enable any of my tracks and Logic X suddenly says, Audio Device Removed and the axe fx is then removed from my list of devices inside Logic and no longer useable.

I cannot record, I cannot get signal in my DAW, I cannot do anything at all with my axe fx but make sound. I need to figure this out asap. Anyone with any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

could you try reinstalling the USB driver for Mac? i'm not sure that would do it, but not a bad place to start.

the firmware update shouldn't have changed anything relating to the USB Audio Interface functionality. let's see if others have some ideas.

the firmware update shouldn't have changed anything relating to the USB Audio Interface functionality. let's see if others have some ideas.
Yeah I'm not understanding what's going on exactly, I've tried re installing the USB drivers as well as the latest firmware update. I've tried switching off and on the power on not just the axe fx but everything including my Mac, restarting, changing audio interfaces and then switching back. I've posted several forum posts about this already and it's starting to scare me cause this axe fx is an expensive piece of equipment and I use it DAILY here at our studio. I NEED to figure out what's wrong asap but can't no matter which way I try.

Apparently my support center account is disabled as well for some odd reason..... Great...... This is so stressful and I've spent HOURS on this already tonight with no solution.

on your mac, open up Audio Midi Setup. it's in the Utility folder in Applications, or just use the Top Right Search in finder. once opened, you might have to click WINDOW in the menu bar and Show Audio Devices.

do you see the Axe-Fx listed there when it's plugged in via USB?

It is probably a Logic issue. Can you select the Axe as a playback device for normal computer audio in Mac System Pref - Sound - Output?

It is probably a Logic issue. Can you select the Axe as a playback device for normal computer audio in Mac System Pref - Sound - Output?
Yes I can but what I don't understand is why Logic will recognize every other interface I have but my Axe FX all of a sudden. This literally just happened out of the blue tonight. I'm wondering since Logic Kees getting messed up during the scan process and rejecting the Axe FX, if maybe I have a faulty USB cable.

so this is isolated to Logic, you would say? if the Axe-Fx II with the current USB cable can be used as the output device (at least) for system audio, it probably is working correctly.

since you are used to Logic, could you perhaps try Garageband just as a test?

That's a good idea, I'll try that this afternoon. Had to catch some shut eye last night. Thanks for all the help and I'll reply asap with my garage band results.

So I unplugged the USB cable from the Axe FX and tried a super old USB cable I got with my printer about 5 years ago, and it works... Flawlessly again. Soooo apparently it was just a bad cable :confused:. Lol. Thanks to everyone who offered there advice though! I'm off to the store to get a new cable and get back to tracking guitar!

So I unplugged the USB cable from the Axe FX and tried a super old USB cable I got with my printer about 5 years ago, and it works... Flawlessly again. Soooo apparently it was just a bad cable :confused:. Lol. Thanks to everyone who offered there advice though! I'm off to the store to get a new cable and get back to tracking guitar!
heh, a lot of the time it turns out to be the cable! glad this is solved. i'll close your Support Ticket.

Back
Top Bottom