Fixed Audible Thump heard when switching preset

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
I programmed 4 songs. I'm having a "first meeting" with a new band. I have not met the other guys before, except through exchanges on Facebook with the singer. So, I want to make the best impression.

I'm using amp #077 Class-A 30W with no audible thumps leaving the preset and jumping to another preset with that same model or any other model.

I'm using a preset with #051 Buttery which thumps when I leave that preset and jump to any of the other 3 presets for this 4-song first meeting jam.

I'm using a preset with #152 Plexi 50W 6550 with audible thumps when I leave the preset and jump to another.

These noises occur without Axe Edit running. I'm listening to the Axe FX via the 1/4" outputs into a mixer and a pair of headphones. My Macbook is also attached to the mixer. It's been my set up for 3 years, no thumping until Quantum 1.03.

To experiment, I changed the Amp-X to the Y-axis using AXE EDIT. In my preset containing the Buttery, was an Atomic. When I changed to the Atomic, I got no thumps when leaving the preset. Of note is that if I was in Buttery and jumped to the Y to get to the Atomic (again, using Axe Edit to make the change), I heard a thump - albeit not as loud as when changing presets.

Factor in my post amp delays and reverbs, and the thump is magnified.

I also bypassed the effects loop block, to make sure my outboard gear wasn't causing this, and still got the same thumps.

Thanks

Last edited:
Mine has been doing this through several firmware versions? Haven't made the time to sit down and try to figure out the common denominator.

I am also getting this sometimes. And also sometimes when using the quick control knob to switch scenes.

This is new for me, for this firmware, but admittedly, I didn't have a lot of time with the Quantums between the initial release, and 1.03, where I was changing presets via midi controller.

We have had little "thumps" before, as I recall, so perhaps it will be a little easier to find and fix, based on past experience with a similar bug.

Thanks Mr. Edison!!!!

I've been practicing with 1.03 for a total of 6-8 hours. I can't believe how much awesomer it sounds. So good, I like to speak poor English for Yek...and see if he catches it.

Back
Top Bottom