"Audible Glitch" When Changing Channels ....... Audio Clip Attached .... ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all

Sorry for all the questions but been digging in to and making some Axe 3 pre-sets in the last day or two ... :)

The clip below is one single Pre-set with A B C D Channels set up.

It has only one amp [DC30] and one Cab [MBritt IR] plus other blocks - CPU is only at %46.

Ch A = Clean 1
Ch B = Clean 2
Ch C = Clean 3
Ch D = LEAD

I just strummed 4 x G chords and went A -> B -> C -> D -> C -> B-> A .

I am using my BJ Devices TB-12 to do the Midi FSW'ing

Before recording I unplugged the USB from my Axe 3.

I recorded via SPDIF 48k from my RME UCX the UCX was set to SPDIF / Professional and Clock Source / Internal

I also un-plugged the SPDIF totally and just went Axe 3 Analog Out to RME Analog In - exact same problem.

Am I doing something wrong (?) in my "pre-set and channel building as there is a very noticeable "audible glitch" between Channel changes (?)

If it helps for trouble-shooting, this is the preset on AxeChange [using a Factory Cab]
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6399

Any thoughts / ideas ?

Thanks again,
Ben

Last edited:
There will be a gap in the audio when changing amp channels.
But this sounds like there are two hiccups, and that's not how it should be.

What is the BJ sending, just a single CC (for Channel) with a value?

Its sending CC with a Value ie:- mine is set up as " CC_Ct 124 0 " .... " CC_Ct 124 1 " etc.....

All my Setup / Midi Remote / Channel blocks are set to 124

I have now also uploaded the patch for potential debugging :)

BTW: the reason I seperately asked about a global-way to go between Channels in their entirety [like with Scene's] was to isolate and remove the BJ from the potential problems list

Ben

Looks like you're using systemwide channel-switching to change between sounds, using a single Channel CC for all blocks. I wouldn't do that, as it initiates (perhaps unnecessary) channel changes in all blocks. Better to assign a different Channel CC to each effect, and then the gap will be much smaller when you only change the amp. And use scenes for those systemwide sounds changes.

Looks like you're using systemwide channel-switching to change between sounds, using a single Channel CC for all blocks. I wouldn't do that, as it initiates (perhaps unnecessary) channel changes in all blocks. Better to assign a different Channel CC to each effect, and then the gap will be much smaller. And use scenes for those systemwide sounds changes.

Im a bit confused.

The Pre-set has 14 Blocks in it...... and each A B C D channel of the pre-set has different parameters in most of the effects / blocks ..... hence why I am using 124 system wide ..... if I apply a different CC to each effect / amp etc...... I cant see how that would work (?)

All I am trying to set up is a single Amp and single Cab pre-set, with 4 differnet channels (?) and Scene's wont do as I am changing multiple amp settings and multiple effect settings in multiple blocks across A to B to C to D

Ben

Im a bit confused.

The Pre-set has 14 Blocks in it...... and each A B C D channel of the pre-set has different parameters in most of the effects / blocks ..... hence why I am using 124 system wide ..... if I apply a different CC to each effect / amp etc...... I cant see how that would work (?)

All I am trying to set up is a single Amp and single Cab pre-set, with 4 differnet channels (?) and Scene's wont do as I am changing multiple amp settings and multiple effect settings in multiple blocks across A to B to C to D

Ben
A preset doesn't have channels. Blocks have channels. You want to use scenes. For example set Scene 1 to use Amp channel A and Cab channel A. Scene 2 to Amp channel B and Cab channel B, etc. Then simply change scenes.

Looks like you're using systemwide channel-switching to change between sounds, using a single Channel CC for all blocks. I wouldn't do that, as it initiates (perhaps unnecessary) channel changes in all blocks. Better to assign a different Channel CC to each effect, and then the gap will be much smaller. And use scenes for those systemwide sounds changes.

A preset doesn't have channels. Blocks have channels. You want to use scenes. For example set Scene 1 to use Amp channel A and Cab channel A. Scene 2 to Amp channel B and Cab channel B, etc. Then simply change scenes.

Ok. Thanks. I think its sinking in now :)

No worries.

Each separate Scene allows you to set a channel in each block. The channel can be different from block to block. Also, each Scene lets you set each block to engaged or bypassed.

You’ve got 8 of these scenes in each preset.

When you use Scenes to change sounds within a preset, you don’t have assign anything in MIDI/Remote to Channel. Because the block channels just switch along with the scenes, according to how you’ve programmed them.

No worries.

Each separate Scene allows you to set a channel in each block. The channel can be different from block to block. Also, each Scene lets you set each block to engaged or bypassed.

You’ve got 8 of these scenes in each preset.

When you use Scenes to change sounds within a preset, you don’t have assign anything in MIDI/Remote to Channel. Because the block channels just switch along with the scenes, according to how you’ve programmed them.

Thanks again. Ive just re-done the preset using a combination of Scene's and just a couple of block and channel and block-bypass etc ..... changes and its great.

Compared to the Axe 2, the Scene switching time is massively improved in the A3 ...... going Scene to Scene is now, for all practical intents and purposes, essentially irrelevant.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom