Attempting to use an fcb101 with eureka prom chip (EPROM)

I got as far as 12:44 before having to stop and ask a question. I scroll to the MIDI page just like you but my menu options are different:
MIDI CHANNEL: 3
MFC PORT: DISABLED/FASLINK/ETHERCON
MFC ECHO TO MIDI OUT: ON
PROG CHANGE: ON
MAPPING MODE: NONE
MAP FROM PRESET: 0
MAP TO PRESET: 0
MAP TO SCENE: 1
SCENE REVERT: OFF
SYSEX ID (INFO ONLY): 00 01 74

I'm using an Axe Fx II XL+ with ares. How do you have the fcb1010 MIDI cables connected?

I have the MIDI IN of the FCB1010 connected to the MIDI OUT of the Axe Fx II XL+ and the MIDI OUT/THRU connected to the MIDI IN of the Axe Fx II XL+. Although my fcb1010 display shows that it's on preset 000 the Axe Fx II XL+ doesn't actually switch to preset 0. I'm trying to program my favorite presets for a more streamlined recording experience. Any and all help is appreciated!!!

I try to cycle through the presets in Pr mode but my Axe Fx II XL+ does not "obey" the fcb1010 eprom chip. Have you encountered this problem before and do you have a solution? I have the MIDI IN of the fcb1010 plugged into the MIDI out of Axe Fx II XL+ and the MID OUT/THRU of the fcb1010 plugged into the MIDI IN of the Axe Fx II XL+. When I have it plugged in like this, the fcb1010 communicates that the Axe Fx II XL+ is switching between presets but the Axe Fx II XL+ doesn't actually make the switch. When I flip the cables on the fcb1010 the MIDI light on it turns on and so does the MIDI IN Green LED on the Axe Fx II XL+. However, when I page over to Pr and start trying to do patch changes, the same result. The FCB1010 communicates that it sent the command but the Axe Fx II XL+ doesn't actually switch. I'm racking my brain over here. When I go to FP, it looks like I have foot switch number one programmed to go to preset 000 (which I want), but when I hit foot switch 2 the fcb1010 says that it is on preset 393 but it actually goes to 103 on the Axe Fx II XL+.

I had an eleven rack and a FCB1010, I found using only 1 midi cable(midi out FCB midi in Eleven Rack)

I also found that the Eureka was more hassle than standard IC. In the end I went with a UNO V1.0.4

I had an eleven rack and a FCB1010, I found using only 1 midi cable(midi out FCB midi in Eleven Rack)

I also found that the Eureka was more hassle than standard IC. In the end I went with a UNO V1.0.4
What a coincidence. I used to rock with one of those as well and originally got the fcb1010 and eprom for that purpose. When I got the Axe Fx II XL+ it was at the same time that the Axe Fx III was coming out at $2500 which I bought at the same time because I was so enamored with Fractal Audio Systems. I ended up selling both of my eleven racks because of how many banks the Axe Fx II XL+ and the Axe Fx III had combined. (767 + 514) along with other reasons. However, I did find out the trouble was in how I had the MIDI cables connected on the fcb1010. As it turns out, I needed to switch them on the fcb1010 and although it works in the FP setting, it won't work in the Pr setting. In the Pr setting on the fcb1010, the fcb1010 will communicate that it is switching presets but the Axe Fx II XL+ won't actually switch, nor does the MIDI IN green LED flash. When I am in FP mode, the MIDI IN green LED will flash on the Axe Fx II XL+ when I make the switch from preset to preset. At this point it just makes more sense for me to switch the presets in Axe Edit from 000-009 in order to suit my purposes. Until I can find a solution as to why my eprom chip only works in FP mode and why my fcb1010 with eprom chip stops at 394 when the Axe Fx II XL+ has 767 banks.

Back
Top Bottom