Attempting to record guitars but I get flangey, chorusy tones when I dual track.

The only way(s) it would have sounded like flange or chorus is if either A.) You were monitoring through software and hardware (which will have different latencies)at the same time while tracking, resulting in phasing issues.. or B.) You somehow are monitoring in mono\both tracks are panned to the same spot.

The only way(s) it would have sounded like flange or chorus is if either A.) You were monitoring through software and hardware (which will have different latencies)at the same time while tracking, resulting in phasing issues.. or B.) You somehow are monitoring in mono\both tracks are panned to the same spot.
I’m pretty sure he had a bus set to mono for his stereo tracks.

Do you mean a group/bus for all guitar tracks so you can EQ them all at once?

Is that group a Stereo group? Or Mono?
Yea, I think so. Well. I was just trying to make the guitar sound louder and I thought that putting them into a bus and routing out the send so that it wasn't only the individual guitar tracks were the ones being routed to the stereo out but if I had them sent into a bus so that things could be louder it would be the legit cool guy thing to do. I don't know if that makes sense...

Yea, I think so. Well. I was just trying to make the guitar sound louder and I thought that putting them into a bus and routing out the send so that it wasn't only the individual guitar tracks were the ones being routed to the stereo out but if I had them sent into a bus so that things could be louder it would be the legit cool guy thing to do. I don't know if that makes sense...
why would a bus make things louder?

you probably had the bus set to Mono, so all your tracks were being collapsed to Mono, causing the phasing.

since your successful recording didn't use a bus, then that would make sense.

I'm thinking it's A...

Back
Top Bottom