Attempting to record guitars but I get flangey, chorusy tones when I dual track.

You might not be tracking it tight enough. Try recording one small riff and see if you can play it tight enough to where that goes away.

Don't pan anything stereo hard, don't run the Enhancer block. Go easy on cab block room level. I'm working thru this same issue. If you are panning l and r, record mono for "process of elimination"

The guys on board here know what they are taking about. I had phasing issues too. I don't know if you are having the "same" issue. Basically what I was doing was trying to make a stereo preset "overly" stereo.

Maybe post a preset?

Last edited:
Make sure that the left and right channels are truly left and right with no bleed. I assume your not using any chorus, pitch-shifting etc. Honestly sometimes I have found my left/right double tracks will sound a bit sterile together so I eq each side differently and/or will use a different amp or cab on each side.

Don't pan anything stereo hard, don't run the Enhancer block. Go easy on cab block room level. I'm working thru this same issue. If you are panning l and r, record mono for "process of elimination"

The guys on board here know what they are taking about. I had phasing issues too. I don't know if you are having the "same" issue. Basically what I was doing was trying to make a stereo preset "overly" stereo.

Maybe post a preset?
I'll post the preset I'm using.

Here's the preset I'm using. I'll post a sample momentarily. I just need to record it again because I didn't save it because frustration.

Attachments

• Recording Rhythm.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom