Attempt at Ratt Round & Round Preset

Had the Axe III for a few months now.....which totally changed my game....kind of sad that there's nothing to buy anymore.

Anyway, being from the 80's and my first favorite band which I "tried" to play way back when, I fiddled around with my existing Ratt preset and thanks to Leon Todd showing me how to add FullRes IR, I think I found the missing piece.

I played along with the guitar only track and I think it's pretty close....there's a lot of fingering technique needed to get "that" sound, but I think it really close.

I'm using a SD super distortion or JB pickup...I have 2 identical guitars I built and both pickups from the surface look the same so could be either.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Ratt - Round and Round.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 89
Had the Axe III for a few months now.....which totally changed my game....kind of sad that there's nothing to buy anymore.

Anyway, being from the 80's and my first favorite band which I "tried" to play way back when, I fiddled around with my existing Ratt preset and thanks to Leon Todd showing me how to add FullRes IR, I think I found the missing piece.

I played along with the guitar only track and I think it's pretty close....there's a lot of fingering technique needed to get "that" sound, but I think it really close.

I'm using a SD super distortion or JB pickup...I have 2 identical guitars I built and both pickups from the surface look the same so could be either.

It would be cool if you could record a bit on Soundcloud or something. I will check it out when I can load it, I am redoing a custom layout.

Thanks for sharing your preset! I’ll give a try sometime in the morning.

Cheers,
Lee

There is always something to buy, like guitars!!!!!! can never have enough guitars

it is pretty close I agree... what cabinet block were you using? When I loaded it one of my York blocks was picked up, I haven't quite figured out how to manage the cabs the way I would like to. I switched to the 4x12 Brit 70s GB 57 A. I like how you got the sound where Warren mutes the higher strings GBE and it doesn't just make a clicking noise. At the same time that might be making single note tone a little shrill, but this a one scene WIP. Good job!

Last edited:
it is pretty close I agree... what cabinet block were you using? When I loaded it one of my York blocks was picked up, I haven't quite figured out how to manage the cabs the way I would like to.
It's the cab block that gives it that in the room sound like the isolated guitar track.

I just followed Leon Todd's instructions to add the Greenback full res blocks...starts around 2:00.

Back
Top Bottom