Attack of the drones

Hi. This is my first post so forgive any silly noobness.

I really like the idea and sound of this patch, so firstly thanks to MisterE and the others of you who inspired him to create it.

I have already learned a fair bit from looking at many user-created patches, including this one, but have only just bought a MFC-101 and don't have any extra switches (yet). As an inexperienced MFC-101 programmer, is there any way to make this work using just the switches on the MFC-101 i.e. can a given switch be assigned a given drone chord/tone? I'm currently working away from my set-up so can't fiddle around to try to work it out for myself either way. If this is possible, a noob/idiot's walkthrough would be very much appreciated. If not, thanks anyway.

I also really appreciate an easy way to set 3 or 4 switches to play 3 or 4 chords...
If I use 4 switch on MFC-101 than i cannot use them for standard switchinf effects in other Patches?
Is it possible to assign switches to cc just in one patch?
Otherwise we need some extra external switches :-(

Thanks

hi guys,just trying to figure out, how do u configure the synth to change chords with the drone?

I just took a look at my version of the patch (the drone is the same, I just changed it to a high gain lead tone) that I've had since this thread was originally posted, and I have an expression pedal attached to all 3 of the SHIFT controls in both SYN blocks 1 & 2 (so that's the same expression pedal attached to a total of 6 SHIFT controls). The SHIFT controls are located on the 1st, 3rd, & 5th pages of the SYN blocks. I'm thinking the patch comes with all the SHIFT control's Modifier pages already setup with a controller attached, so you'll to change the Source (if needed) to what you want to use to change the drone's chords.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Thank you thank you....
Well i recorded a new version - link updated
And here's the preset:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14506389/Drone G -24 - +24.syx

It's with the Petrucci mix V30 cab so you shouldn't have any problems now.
Extern2 controls the Synth volume
Extern8 sets the notes:
C56
C#57
D58
D#59
E60
F61
F#62
G63
G#64
A65
A#66
B67
C68

hi great work on the patch,im just trying to figure out,external 8 controls sets the notes, where do i find external 8.or how do i control the notes,thanks

i done the SHIFT controls on the mod pages and added the expression pedal,cheers working great, im getting about 3 chords,id like to get more,and how do u set the chords,i.e what do i go under, tune,duty,filter? etc,just not sure what does what, thanks in advance

Awesome patch. Was just about to lament that I had but one expression pedal to give to my country....er, to the patch. However, it appears that one pedal may work for the most part. Off to experiment.....

Back
Top Bottom