Attaching MFC to Pedal Board?

cander328

Inspired
What is the best way to attach an MFC to a pedal board? Option 1: with a PedalTrain - I am assuming Velcro. Option 2: a board like the flat trailer trash or other similar where one may be able to use screws.

My MFC is attached to a Pedaltrain 2. I removed the bottom two feet. The top two help keep the MFC in place because they "fall" into the empty space. I used Velcro, works great.

Last edited:
Industrial strength Velcro. I recently moved my MFC to a new board, and I literally had to pry it off the old one. I removed the rubber feet on the MFC before applying the Velcro.

I used some "little helpers". These look like a bicycle chain.
One eye is used to screw it to the MFC using the original feet screws.
Either with or without the feet themselves. The other eye takes the screw
to fasten everything to the board.

My MFC is attached to a Pedaltrain 2. I removed the bottom two feet. The top two help keeping the MFC in pace because they "fall" into the empty space. Used Velcro, works great.

+1 ... except I think I removed the top two feet and kept the bottom two (for the same reason though).

I took the feet off mine and used 3M Dual Lock to fix it to the board and now I can't get the bloody thing off without getting groin strain!

My MFC is attached to a Pedaltrain 2. I removed the bottom two feet. The top two help keep the MFC in place because they "fall" into the empty space. I used Velcro, works great.

mfc.jpg

I used Godlyke power grip (velcro) and that stuff is crazy. 2 strips on the mfc and I had my wife hold the board while I used both hands to remove the mfc. For the record, the glue popped off the mfc before the actual locking mechanism. I could've used 1/2 as much and been solid. My expression pedals are held on by two 2" strips.

I used screws on a flat Trailer Trash board, works great for me! in the past in my experience most velcros after a while with heat etc..tend to fall apart.

I like the idea of using screws and a flat TT board. Can you tell me more about doing this? What screws? Did you make your own template (if so can you share it)? Thanks!

I used screws on a flat Trailer Trash board, works great for me! in the past in my experience most velcros after a while with heat etc..tend to fall apart.

I have a flight case style board. I took the feet off the MFC and bought longer screws and screwed the MFC to the board. Seems heavy for Velcro

My pedal board is filled with thick foam and the MFC + Mission pedals and my MFC expansion (EXT4MFC) are all sink in the foam so they don't move and very well protected also against vibration etc when moving.

I have a Fulltone Mini Dejavibe that someone cut a board to attach to the bottom of the pedal using the original screws and attached Velcro to this board on the bottom of the pedal to allow it to be mounted to the pedal board. A similar idea might work with the MFC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mine's just velcro'd to the board with three strips on the back (the board is covered in a fabric though). I remember when I was first putting it on I went with just three strips to see how it'd go, assuming I'd end up using a whole bunch more to really hold it there. With just the three strips I struggled to get the MFC off the pedalboard again. So yeah, I left it that. :lol

:lol @ the guys using Dual Lock. Enjoy your injuries. :D

Back
Top Bottom