Wish Attach a controller to the Input Selectors of the Controllers "Pitch“, "ADSR“ and "Envelope“

langohr

Inspired
I have regularly two instruments attached to Inputs 1 and 2. In fact, there are even more on Inputs 3 and 4 but let's be stringent.

In every patch I use ControlSwitch CS6 to toggle between Input 1 and Input 2 without changing anything else. Particularly not changing the scene.

The problem:
The Input Selectors of the Controllers "Pitch", "ADSR" and "Envelope" cannot have a CS assigned to, the Inputs cannot be changed "on the fly".

So, I cannot change the Input of Pitch, ADSR or Envelope Controller to the Input Block I switch to.

Using different channels on those controlles seems to give no solution either.
IMO there is no way to change channels of 3 controllers accordingly when I toggle Input Blocks.

Why not use CS6 to change select which Input block gets to the grid (e.g., via In1 and In2 levels, or with a Mux)? That way you don’t have to select inputs on the individual downstream blocks.

Why not use CS6 to change select which Input block gets to the grid (e.g., via In1 and In2 levels, or with a Mux)? That way you don’t have to select inputs on the individual downstream blocks.
Precisely, I do it this way. With CS6 I select, which Input Block is bypassed (and muted) and which Block is not bypassed.

The bothering point is that the Inputs of the Controllers Pitch, ADSR and Envelope do not not follow this switching. Their Inputs remain where they were programmed to and I have no way to change these Inputs.

So for example I switch to Input 2 but the Controllers keep „listening“ to Input 1.

Precisely, I do it this way. With CS6 I select, which Input Block is bypassed (and muted) and which Block is not bypassed.

The bothering point is that the Inputs of the Controllers Pitch, ADSR and Envelope do not not follow this switching. Their Inputs remain where they were programmed to and I have no way to change these Inputs.

So for example I switch to Input 2 but the Controllers keep „listening“ to Input 1.
Okay, I get it now. Didn’t read all the words the first time. :)

Last edited:
It's not really a firmware thing...
Have you checked if FracPad can assign modifiers to those?

@Bakerman and @AlGrenadine, I tested your proposal this morning with FracPad. Sorry, no success.
I was not able to create a Controller for the above mentioned Controller's "Input" Selector.

I'm able to connect a controller to those variables (= "knobs" and "fields") where I can connect a Controller to with AXE-Edit.
Not more, not less.

@AlGrenadine: Did I perhaps miss something or did something wrong ? Can you show the right way (if there is) ?

@FractalAudio: the wish is still on the table.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom